032

boyfriend

 

 

“I still can’t belive I let Kai talk me into attending this elitist event.” Jena murmured as Sejin eased the car into Seoul Country Club’s parking lot.

The older girl grinned and killed the engine.

“It’s just polo, Jen. Besides, you get to see Kai in his natural habitat. I mean, it’s his favorite sport.”

Jena shook her head and slid down from the car, she spotted the black SUV pull over behind them. Her brows rose briefly, her older cousin having bodyguards irked her a bit.

“Well, is he..good?”

Sejin laughed and hooked arms with her cousin.

“Very good.” She answered in a proud manner, they got inside the building and was welcomed by the staff.

“Besides, bringing you here will be like a breath of fresh air. You get to reintroduce yourself to society and, I offer you new sights.” Sejin hummed, there were a lot of males walking around in tight white jeans and boots.

“Sights? Is this a nature park as well?” Jena blinked at her, Sejin chuckled.

“I meant the men. Polo players are really charming, you know.”

“Unnie!”

Sejin laughed at her reaction, and then she saw Kai making his way towards them, he was already dressed for the match too.

“Sejin-ah, Jena,” He was smiling as they approached them. Sejin felt Jena tense slightly, but her cousin was smiling back at the male.

“Let me tell you one thing, Jen,” Sejin said softly, Jena turned to her.

“You’re on his radar.” She winked before pulling away from the girl.

 

 

“We still have nothing on the Jeju property, we traced the owner’s family but,” Kai puffed his cheeks as he ran the brush through his horse’s mane.

Chanyeol shook his head.

“They all migrated to Greece years ago, hyung. So, that’s a dead end.” He finished.

“We don’t know what they’re planning, and they could hit us any moment.” The older male stated.

“I have a few of my men keeping eye on Jena, don’t worry.”

Chanyeol’s lips quirked up, Kai paused and raised his brows at him.

“What now, hyung?”

“Sejin’s interested in the way you look at her cousin. Be careful.” He mused, Kai stilled briefly but he shrugged.

“Does she not like it?”

“She’s okay with it. She trusts you.”

Kai smiled and nodded, and then they heard Sejin calling from Chanyeol.

“Where have you been?” She asked as she pushed the stable door in front of her, Chanyeol grinned and extended one hand to her.

“I was giving him a pep talk.” He smiled, Sejin chuckled and punched Kai in the arm.

“You better win, Kim Jongin. I drove all the way here just to watch you.”

“Sure.” Kai rolled his eyes at her.

“And, I’m not the only one watching, keep that in mind.” She reminded him, Kai winked at her.

“Thanks for that, young miss.”

“I’ll wait outside, Jena’s not entirely comfortable here.” Sejin blew the two a kiss before leaving them.

“Hyung, I spotted a familiar face outside.”

Chanyeol straightened his tie and looked at him questioningly.

“Huh?”

“Jooheon’s here, please do not pummel him before the match. Do it after.”

 

 

Daniel drummed his fingers on the table as he stared at his laptop’s screen. A photo of a smiling Kim Jongin was staring back at him, and below the image was the logo of Lotte Holdings.

“And she had the guts to joke that society boys never got to her.” Daniel stated, his lips thinned.

It wasn’t right.

Jena was his. He had met her first. They may not have the perfect relationship, but it was still one. They weren’t over yet, but the Jena was already enjoying her time with the Lotte heir, the wretched rich boy.

Daniel pushed his laptop away and leaned back on his seat.

It wasn’t over until he says it is.

Jena needs to realize that Kim Jongin wasn’t worth her time and that she’d just end up getting hurt for choosing someone like him.

And, how dare he tell him off?

“No guts, just money.” Daniel smirked as he picked up his phone from the table, he browsed through his contacts and realized that Jena had left his messages on read.

“I’ll make you realize that it was a mistake for leaving me, Hong Jena.”

“You’ll come back to me, I will make you.”

Daniel slid his finger across the green icon and brought the phone to his ear.

“Daniel-ssi, to what do I owe this pleasure?”

“I’d like for you to interview me, and I promise you that it’s going to be a big scoop.”

 

 

“I told you he was good.” Jena felt her cousin nudge her as Kai made another score. Jena’s eyes remained on him as he reigned in his horse to move back.

It took her some time to admit this to herself, or was she really that blinded by Daniel, but Kim Jongin was not just good looking.

He was one of the most handsome men she had ever encountered, with his sunkissed skin, sharp jaw line and that warm smile he always had on.

And she had to admit, she felt threatened, he made her nervous. Jumpy, even. And that scared the living daylights out of her.

She pursed her lips and looked around, Chanyeol had left to get them something to drink.

Jena turned her gaze to the match again and realized that Kai was looking at her, she felt her stomach tighten.

He was smiling at her as he took off his helmet, Jena could only smile back before quickly diverting her gaze.

Seriously, Hong Jena. it’s just Kai.

“Unnie, let’s~”

“Does she even really know who you are, huh? The real you!” Someone started to shout, the crowd started to turn around.

Jena paused, she saw Sejin move her head.

“Do you think you deserve her? Really?”

Jena’s eyes widened, it was Jooheon’s voice. The two girls started to move and the first thing that caught Jena’s eyes were the fallen bottles of champagne on the grass.

Sejin halted, she was staring at the two.

“When will you let her go?” Chanyeol replied, from the way his shoulders were hunched, Jena knew that he was barely holding it in.

Jooheon let out a laugh and picked up a bottle, he pointed it at the taller male. Other people started to murmur around them.

“Jooheon-ah,” Sejin spoke as she walked towards him, Chanyeol tensed.

“Sejin, do you even know who you’re dating? Do you know the real him?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++