006

boyfriend

 

“It’s next Saturday, right.” Jena nodded as she walked with her mother, the two were on a shopping trip. Jena had to call work so she could stay out for a bit, because if doesn’t, her mother might barge in at the firm.

“So, I want you to think about what to do? How about just lunch with the family? Nothing too grand? Your grandmother hates parties.”

Jena chuckled and nodded.

“You should call Sejin, make sure she’s free that weekend too.”

“Unnie’s usually free on weekends, eomma. Don’t worry.”

“Is she still with that young man? Chanyeol?”

Jena nodded back, it still amazed her how Chanyeol managed to squeeze himself into their family. Most women in their family were a little hard to get along with, they were nitpicky and a little strict, but he simply just swooped in and charmed everybody.

Park Chanyeol was simply a miracle.

“Yes, eomma. I met them a few nights ago for dinner.”

“What a good kid, you should follow Sejin’s example, she met a good man and she’s always been~”

“What is your definition of a good man, mother?” She asked with a playful grin as she picked up a Dior handbag, her mother looked at her warily.

“Must he also be from an affluent~”

“No, it doesn’t matter which family he comes from, as long as,” She continued as she picked out a small purse.

“As long as?”

“He’s not afraid to show you off. I hope you meet someone who’ll appreciate you, daughter. Someone who’s proud that you accepted him.”

“Hmm, sounds…” Jena trailed off, her mother smiled.

“I don’t care if he’s not like us, I just want someone who makes you happy, that’s all.”

Jena was quiet for a moment, her mother continued to roam around the sore, and then she turned to her parent.

“Eomma, can I bring a friend along to the party? Since it’s a casual thing, right?”

“Sure, you can do that.”

 

 

 

Chanyeol exhaled as he put his phone down, he had heard about the fight that broke out at Hongdae a few days ago. But he shrugged it off, thinking it was just some high school kids causing trouble. It was more than that, Kai was right. He said it might reach Seoul, Chanyeol had hoped it wouldn’t.

He ran his fingers through his hair and looked around, it had gone awfully quiet. Sejin had arrived earlier, she was a little restless due to the holiday season coming in. And work was piling up for her.

Sejin usually came over when she was stressed, if she spent the night at the home, her father would only ask her about work and talk her into taking more projects. In a way, he had become her hiding spot. And Chanyeol wasn’t complaining.

“Scorpion.” He murmured as he stepped out of the study, he looked around the house, confused.

“Sejin-ah?” He called out, he went upstairs and headed straight for the guest room. She wasn’t inside, Chanyeol walked towards his room and found a lump on his bed.

He broke into a small smile as he slowly walked towards the bed, Toben sat up as soon as he was near. The dog was laying just beside the girl.

“Was I on the phone for too long?” He murmured as he sat down, Sejin moved slightly.

“Hey, it’s already dark out. Does your parents know you’re here?” Chanyeol asked softly, the girl grunted and turned away from him.

“Let’s have dinner out.” Chanyeol said again, he plopped down beside her and realized Sejin was wearing one of his hoodies. He chuckled and pulled the girl towards his chest.

“Let’s talk tomorrow. Bye.” Sejin spoke, Chanyeol nodded, playing along.

“I got a text from your mother, it’s halmae’s birthday next week. I was invited to come.”

“Good for you, I haven’t been invited yet.” She replied, she turned to face him and leaned on her elbows.

“Hmm, you can come as my plus one.” He offered and brushed the hairs away from her face. Sejin yawned before pressing the side of her face against his chest, Chanyeol smiled as the girl wrapped her arms around his neck.

Sleepy Sejin was very different from the usual Sejin.

“For a moment back there I forgot that we were talking about my family, who seems to like you more.” Sejin muttered back, and then she yawned again.

“Come on, let’s get dinner and I’ll drive you home.”

“Can we get sushi? Or, do you feel like having red meat?”

“Sushi’s great.” Chanyeol tapped her waist, signaling for her to let go.

Chanyeol slid down from the bed and stretched his arms.

“Can I wear this out? Or will we run into people we know?” She asked as she sat up and fixed the hoodie she was wearing, Chanyeol looked around and halted.

“You..took off your shorts?” He balked as he picked up her shorts, the girl grinned at him.

“I wanted to be comfortable.” Sejin chuckled, she was about to pull the covers off her.

“Stop!”

She blinked at him, and then she grew amused.

“It’s just underwear, you already saw me in swimwear. What’s the difference?”

“There’s a difference. Here.” Chanyeol tossed her shorts to her, he walked towards the bedside table and took out the bunch of hair ties he kept for her.

“I’ll wait outside.” He pointed out before jogging out of the room. Sejin chuckled to herself before leaving the bed to put her shorts on.

 

 

Jena stared at her phone’s screen intensely, she had just dropped her mother at her friend’s place for tea. And she was free for the rest of the day.

“Should I invite him?” She murmured.

She opened her messaging app and sent a short hello to Daniel before starting the car again. Jena stepped on the gas, and then she saw a poster of him by the bus stop. She smiled to herself before switching lanes.

She was driving by the busy Shinsadong area when she spotted Chanyeol with a tall male stepping out of a coffee shop, Jena paused and rolled down her window.

“Oppa,” She called out, the two turned to her. Jena paused, her eyes went to the male beside Chanyeol.

“Jena, hey.”

“I was driving by, is unnie with you?”

“No, she’s at work. Have you eaten? Let’s eat together.” Chanyeol gestured for her to park the vehicle. Jena remembered now, he was with the two a few nights ago when they ran into each other at the restaurant.

Her brows rose briefly, the man beside Chanyeol looked a little questionable.

“I have an appointment in a bit, oppa. Maybe next time.” She grinned at him, Chanuyeol nodded back.

“Drive safely.”

“Yeah, say hi to unnie for me.”

“Why? Is she not taking your calls?” Chanyeol said jokingly, and then the stranger snorted.

“Sejin’s not answering again? Typical of her.” He spoke, Jena was startled to hear his deep voice.

“She’s busy.”

“You two just spoke on the phone five minutes ago.” He smirked before leaving them, Jena watched as the male moved ahead, she also caught how Chanyeol puffed his cheeks.

“Really? I called her just now, oppa. She rejected it.”

“You know how she is, always hectic. I’ll see you next weekend?” Chanyeol said quickly, she nodded back before stepping on the gas. Jena sighed and checked her phone again.

She did feel a little disconnected with her older cousin, she frowned before switching the radio on.

“Should I be worried? Or is she just in one of her moods again?”

 

 

The people inside the room helplessly glanced at each other as the young lady remained quiet on her seat.

“Vice president, we could not avoid this delay since it’s a huge assignment for us. We already spoke with logistics and~”

“It was assigned four months ago.” She spoke, Sejin’s secretary looked at her and bit his lower lip.

“Yes, we checked~”

“I wasn’t asking for an explanation. I’m just reminding you that it was given to you and your team four months ago.” She replied, she looked up from her seat and crossed her arms.

“But, vice president, we can fix this by next weekend. Just give us some time.” The male spoke again, his other subordinates nodded in unison.

“Should I give you another four months?” Sejin replied, and in an instant the room turned chilly.

“You don’t have to worry, vice president, we’ll get this done and~”

Sejin stood up from her chair, her secretary winced and looked away.

“Have my car prepared. I have that meeting in Suwon, right?” Sejin spoke, the male nodded and stepped out of the room. Her eyes went to the four employees in the room.

“You have until this weekend to finish that, and,”

Sejin checked the time again, she exhaled.

“You have four months to look for another job. The company just gained losses for your delays.”

“Vice president, please reconsider. We worked hard on this and most of us have been with Lee Banking for more than five years.” The manager panicked, Sejin sighed.

“Please don’t think that I am not aware of how much your department spends on outings and group dinners, all of those are charged to the company.”

“But, that amount~”

“Dinners and outing are usually paid by the company, you were simply overdoing it. Don’t think as if I don’t know anything, this matter will be forwarded to HR. Please stop speaking.” She finished in her usual business-like matter.

The male stiffened, Sejin picked up her purse and jacket.

“This meeting’s over.” She spoke simply before exiting the room. Sejin made her way towards the elevator, she got inside and let out a sigh. The doors pinged open and she crossed the lobby, employees would greet her as she passed by. Sejin nodded back, she wanted to be arrive at the meeting on time. She saw her Audi R8 pulling over at the curb, she exited the building just as her secretary slid down from the car.

“Have the rest of the day off.” Sejin told him with a small smile, the male nodded back.

“Yes, thank you, vice president.”

Sejin got inside the car, she took out her phone and typed in a quick text.

I have to drive to Suwon.

Her phone rang after a few seconds, she started the car before answering.

“Alone? Be careful.” Chanyeol said, she nodded.

“It’s just a quick meeting, I think. Did you meet up with Kai? How was it?” She replied as she stepped on the gas, the girl drove out of the curb with ease.

“It was fine, I’ll see you tomorrow? Lunch?”

“Okay, take care.” Sejin put the phone down, and then she was already on the main road. She leaned back on the seat and kept one hand on the wheel as she drove, not noticing the black sedan that was tailing her from two cars behind.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++