024

boyfriend

 

Sejin stared at her phone’s screen and pursed her lips.

“On the bright side, it doesn’t look like its Jena.” Chanyeol commented from his desk, the girl shook her head and put her phone down. She was seated on the couch, lounging around as Chanyeol went on with his papers. Chanyeol grew amused, it was a Monday but Sejin refused to go to work. And here she was, dressed in casual clothes, laying around his office. It was very unlike her, but he was enjoying it.

She let out another sigh and closed her eyes.

Chanyeol looked up from his desk again.

“Chanyeol-ah,” She spoke.

“Hmm?”

“The whole kidnapping thing, is…it really that bad now?” She spoke softly, the male froze on his seat.

“What do you mean?”

“You have a gun in your car, Chanyeol. I…saw it last night.”

Chanyeol froze, his eyes widened and he put his phone down.

“Y—You..found~”

Sejin stood up from the couch and turned to him, the male couldn’t meet her gaze.

“You told me not to worry, but I am worried.”

“Th—The guards advised me to carry one around, so whatever happens, I can protect myself.” He reasoned, Sejin chewed on her lip and walked towards him.

“I feel like I may have taken this too lately, now I feel horrible. I keep on venting out my problems regarding Jena. And, I never let you talk.” She murmured, Chanyeol shook his head and stood up.

“It’s okay. It’s nothing I can’t handle. And while, I enjoy having you all to myself today,” He hummed as he took her hand, Sejin blinked at him.

“I think; we both need coffee. You’re too soft without caffeine in your system.” He said jokingly, Sejin glared at the male.

“I didn’t want to disturb you.” She told him, Chanyeol rolled his eyes and put his arm around her waist.

“Yeah, the constant sighing didn’t totally disturb me.” He said jokingly, Sejin pursed her lips. Chanyeol was grinning as they stepped out of his office, the girl tried to wriggle free from his grasp, but he wouldn’t let go.

“Park Chan~” His palm dipped lower and he gave her behind a light squeeze before letting go, and then he made a run for the elevators.

“Do I love him or is he just tall?” Sejin muttered darkly as she followed him.

 

 

Daniel’s forehead creased as he leaned against his car, he knew that Jena rarely ate at her workplace’s cafeteria, he was waiting for her to come back from lunch.

He crossed his arms and exhaled, he felt bad for avoiding her calls and not replying to messages. But he needed time to think, and his manager was disappointed in him. The rumors have caused a lot of damage in the company as well, and he was all to blame.

Daniel was about to take out his phone when a Lamborghini suddenly appeared across him, he leaned back as he saw the driver slide down from the vehicle.

It’s him.

Kim Jongin was smiling as he went around the vehicle and opened the passenger’s door, Daniel stilled as he saw Jena step down from the car.

Kai was chatting with her casually, Jena was nodding back, smiling. Daniel’s forehead creased, he reached for his phone and dialed her number.

He watched as the tall male walked the girl towards the revolving doors, Jena paused and carefully fished her phone out of her purse.

Daniel looked on, knowing she would pick up. But the girl didn’t move, she simply stared at the screen.

And then the male beside her grabbed the phone and dunked it in his pant pocket.

“Kai!” Daniel heard Jena complain, the male chuckled.

“You said you needed a break from things. I’ll keep this until later.”

“Later?” Jena repeated, confused.

Daniel exhaled and he looked away.

“I’ll pick you up from work, and you can have this back.” Kai said playfully.

“I do my work on the phone too, Kim Jongin.” She argued and stretched her palm out, Kai gave her a small smile and took her phone out.

“If it bothers you so much, then, I think it’s best that you ignore it. Give yourself some time.”

“Whoa, is that genuine concern I hear?”

“I’ve always been a genuine person, miss Hong.”

Daniel let out a shaky breath and he got inside his car, he glanced at the two again. Kai was leaning over to pat the girl’s shoulder.

 

 

“Two weeks?” Sejin echoed as they stepped inside the coffee shop, Chanyeol nodded back.

“I know, I tried putting it off, but it’s quite urgent.”

She nodded and looked around, the place was half-empty and she smiled.

“I haven’t been to Thailand in a while,” She commented, Chanyeol smiled and took her hand as they approached the counter.

“Do you want to come with me?”

“I can’t be gone for that long, you know that.” She replied, Chanyeol focused on the menu before ordering.

“Iced Americano for me, and the banana~”

“Sejin-ah,”

Sejin immediately froze up, she felt Chanyeol’s eyes going to her.

“It is you,” The voice said again, Chanyeol turned and faced the male, his eyes widened briefly.

“H—Hey, Jooheon-ah,” Sejin cleared to greet him, Chanyeol gave the male a small polite smile before facing the barista again.

“I wasn’t expecting I’d bump into you again,” Jooheon was smiling at her, Sejin chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“When did you get back in Seoul? You transferred to the States, right?” Chanyeol spoke, the latter nodded back.

“Yes, sunbae. I’m here for some work, didn’t Sejin mention it to you?” He replied, Sejin looked away.

“W—Well, no.”

“Right, did you get home okay last night? It was pretty late.” Jooheon casually asked her, Sejin stilled at his words.

“Last night?” Chanyeol repeated he already had his wallet out, he turned his head to his girl.

“I bumped into him last night, I’ll go pay for the food.” Sejin murmured before moving along, Chanyeol looked at Jooheon, and the younger male smiled at him before stepping away. Chanyeol’s forehead creased as he watched the male leave the café with his drink in hand.

He was about to take their food from the counter when Sejin suddenly spoke up.

“I can explain.”

 

 

Jena exhaled as she got off the cab, she looked at the building before her and chucked her phone in her purse. She made her way towards the doors and she was welcomed by the receptionist.

“Good afternoon, do you have an appointment?” The lady behind the table said with a bright smile.

“Uhm, no, but~”

The lady before her suddenly stood up straightly, Jena paused and followed her gaze. Daniel had walked in the lobby, the instant he met gazes with her, he stopped.

Jena’s brows furrowed deeply, she exhaled before turning away from the receptionist.

“Da~”

“My office,” His voice was terse, he dismissed the manager and made his way towards the elevator. Jena exhaled and followed the male.

The elevator doors closed and Daniel let out a sigh.

“I didn’t know you were dropping by today.” He spoke, his tone soft.

“I was trying to contact you.” Jena murmured back, the doors pinged open again and she followed him to his office.

“I was about to call you back, why couldn’t you just wait?” He spoke as soon as they were alone, Jena looked at him, she shook her head.

“Wait? Daniel, photos of you and that lady are all over the Internet. And, you want me to wait?”

“I was trying to fix everything, what if people see you walk in here? That would just add more flames to the fire.” He shot back, his voice rising.

“It wasn’t me in the photos.” She shot back, Daniel’s forehead creased, Jena exhaled and looked away.

“Is that why you’re here?” He replied, Jena chewed on the insides of her cheek.

“Yes.”

“Why?” Daniel’s reply was short.

“Why?” She repeated, the latter nodded and crossed his arms.

“Why do you want to know? Why does it matter to you?”

“Daniel, I have a right to ask. We’ve been going out for months~”

“You’re not my girlfriend. We were never official, why do you have the right to ask?” He replied, his lips curling up. Jena halted, she felt insides her coil and she took a step back from him.

“I mean, we were never together, Jena. What we had was fun while it lasted, but, now, I don’t like what you’re doing.”

Jena could only stare back at him.

“I know lines may have been blurred, but just because I met up with a few members of your family it doesn’t mean~”

“Stop.”

Daniel looked at her, Jena let out a shakey breath before meeting his gaze.

“You’re right, blurred lines.” Jena turned her back to him, Daniel sighed, he reached for her hand but the girl pulled away.

“Jena~”

“I have to go; I don't want to add to your problems.” Jena replied without looking at him, she shook his hand off and left the room.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++