五 Wǔ

YOUTH

 

A week has passed since the incident on the bus and Seungwoo was still nowhere to be found. It's not like San was looking for him, but lowkey hoped they bumped into each other. She had the urged to pay his kindness, San's nature was like that. She hated to feel indebted to others.

San was running to her next class as she overslept because her damn alarm didn't function at the most important time. Although Joy and San were classmates there were some courses that Joy took, San didn't and vice versa so yeah, Joy got morning class so she wasn't there to wake her up. She suddenly bumped into a boy caused all of his belongings scattering on the floor. Most of them are books. "Good lord. I shouldn't be bumping to people at this kind of time" she murmured to herself. "Sorry, my bad. I was rushing to my class and I didn't see you." she helped to pick up the scattered things. She looked up to the boy to give back his things and oh my, she recognized him. It was the least unexpexted person she wanted to see or bumped. It was the rude boy from the convenient store.

"YOU!" San screamed, she already forgot the fact that she's late to class. "Me?" the boy replied. Okay, this boy was very peculiar. "Yes YOU!" San urged the word 'you' again. "Have we met before?" the boy asked as this was the first time he saw San. San was questioning herself at this moment, she was pretty sure that this was the boy. Hurm, maybe he couldnt recognize her or maybe he already forgot about the incident. It was months ago at that and she didn't give any big impression enough for him to remember her. It's good though if he didn't remember her, she'd be save from the embarassment. "No no, sorry I've mistaken you for the wrong person. Sorry again to bump into you, I'm in a rush here. Sorry again." said while rushing to her class. She's already half an hour late.

San creeped into her class and went straight to sit between Joy and Wooseok. "Wow, you're early." said Wooseok soon as San sat down. "I overslept huhu." San replied reluctantly. "You sure can do nothing if I'm not there for you aye girl?" Joy was adding fuel to the fire. San responded with a glare.

"Thank God the lecturer didn't say anything about me being late." San let out a relieved. "Maybe because you're always. She's getting tired to mind about you hahahahhaha." the words came out naturally out of Joy's mouth. "Not even funny. Well most of the time, it wasn't my intention to be late. Things just happened." San tried to defend herself. "More like most of the time you purposely go to class late?" Wooseok and Joy said in sync. San ignored them both because something else had caught her eyes at that moment.

"JOYY!! There there!! It's Seungwoo sunbaenim!! What should I do???" San totally freaked out to see Seungwoo. "Goodness San!! Go greet him, what else? Go now!!!!! Now now now!" Joy urged her bestfriend to go to Seungwoo, you could see that she's more thrilled than San was but otherwise for Wooseok. He didn't like it one bit, his facial expression changed that instance but too bad no one noticed it as San and Joy were both hyped over Seungwoo.

"Come on Sanha, go! He's alone." Joy kept pushing San to go and at last San had to because she knew, Joy would drag her to him anyhow. At that point, San was very nervous, she didn't even know why she felt as such. It's not like she's having a crush on him or what, she wanted to talk to him to repay his kindness and that's it. "Okay, chill Sanha. You just go and talk to him, tell him what you wanted to say. That's it, easy peasy." San was calming herself down by calculating what she should say. As she's stepping nearer towards him, she's getting more nervous, he was still unaware of her presence as he was facing the notice board. She was just a metre away from him and that when he turned around and their eyes met.

San froze and he smiled first. Her mind went blank, the words she wanted to say to him were nowhere to be found. Seungwoo on the other hand, casually went to her and greeted her. "Aye, we meet again." he said with a smile on his face; always. "Hm yaa, actually I saw you first.." she was very nervous and that's the only words that she could think of. "Hahahha I can see that, so why does a beautiful girl like you would come all the way and meet a plain boy like me." every words that he spoke come out naturally from his mouth, it didn't even sound like he's flirting. "Hahaha you sure are cheesy, but thank you. Hurm actually sunbaenim, do you remember that I said I wanna treat you to anything, from before?" San was very awkward because that's how she is, she didn't even look at Seungwoo as she talked.

Seungwoo smiled at her and nodded, "Yaa about that. Sorry that I ditched you on that day.. Hahahah" He laughed again while scratching the back of his head, he looked adoringly cute. "HAHAHAHHAHAHA. Don't say ditch because obviously you did not. It's just suddenly you were gone. So, when are you free sunbaenim?" San found it amusing when Seungwoo said he ditched, she never even had in mind that Seungwoo ditched her. As Seungwoo going to respond to San, someone called him from afar. "Yah hyung!" San couldn't recognize the owner of the voice because he's still far from sight and San was long sighted and she hated to wear spectacles.

Seungwoo turned to the owner of the voice and responded, "Ya inma, I thought you were dead because I waited so long. Hahahahhaha" he joked. The owner of the voice came nearer and again that day San got shocked. It's that boy from the convenient store again; she was horrified. Out of everyone why was he friend with Seungwoo, she hushed. But oh well, he didn't even recognize her. "Eh you. How are you here?" said the boy. "Oh now he recognized me", San thought to herself. "You too know each other?" Seungwoo seems blurred. "Aaa this girl bumped onto me this morning, hahahaha." San was taken aback by how the boy introduced how he knew her. She was not denying that she did bump onto him but he could have put in a nicer way. Seungwoo looked at San and form another adoringly smile and said "You sure do bump onto quite a people hahahhahaha." San laughed it out to cover how embarassed she was because she knew how clumsy she could be.

"Mogu, this is the girl that I told you from before. The one from the bus hahahaha. San, Mogu; Mogu, San." Seungwoo introduced San to Jungmo, and San face was all-red but she tried so hard to cover it infront of these two nonchalant boys. "Aaaaa so you're the girl who fell onto my hyung and caused a commotion in the bus. I'm Jungmo by the way, name is Koo Jungmo but Jungmo for short." he introduced himself, but God knew how pissed San was with him. He didn't even need to pin out again what Seungwoo had said and where's the correlation between Jungmo and Mogu. But still, San didn't want to look rude infront of the older guy so she greeted Jungmo back disinclinedly. "Well hello. My name is Eun Sanha, but you can just call me San NOONA." San merely smiled at him but stresses the word noona. "Errr sunbaenim, I see you have company and I don't want to interrupt you guys. Do tell me when you're free so I can treat you, I insist. Hahaha" she emphasized. "Okay, give me your number. I'll contact you later, okay?" Seungwoo said as he hand his phone to San. San nodded and typed down her number and handed back the phone to it's owner. San bid her farewell to the boys although she intended to bid farewell to Seungwoo only but she's not rude so yeah.

San went back to where Joy and Wooseok were initially but they were already gone. "This is what we call ditch."

»»——————— ✼ ———————««
// I'm still improving my writing so do bear with me. I'm still an amateur in writing fanfic as this is the very first time I'm writing one (actually my first bcs i just copy pasted the one I posted on wattpad and reedit the name). Feel free to comment if you want me to improve anything. Thanks for reading. XOXO