十六 Shí liù

YOUTH

 

The 4 days and 3 nights trip had finally over, Joy was laying on her bed when she got a text message from Wooseok. 

 

Joy put down her phone after. She looked at the clock hanging on the wall, it was already 1.30pm and she haven't got herself any breakfast. "Aaahh oh well, it's not like I'm hungry. I'll just eat later when I meet up with Wooseok oppa." she mumbled to herself. She promised to meet Wooseok to break him the news that their dearest Sanha already got herself a boyfriend.

[5 days prior]
San was packing back her things although she just got here yesterday. "So at what time are your parents going to arrive?" Joy asked. "An hour ago they already on their way here, I guess they'll be here soon." San decided to go back to her parents' house as she couldn't continue the activities here due to her injury. So might as well take this time to go back home, plus she haven't gone home for a while now. She called her parents to fetch her and as expected they freaked out after knowing what had happened to her.

"San have you told Wooseok oppa?" said Joy while nonchalantly playing with her hair. "Yepp, just now when you were out to get us food. I send a photo of my ankle to him. He called me right after that hahahaha. He freaked out too, he even insisted to come and see me. Stupid oppa, I scolded him for that hahahaha How unreasonable of him to travel this far just too see my condition, it's just a sprained ankle. Not like I'm dying or something hahahaha" San laughed remembering the conversation on phone she had just now with him. That guy sure freaked out like a madman. "Hahaha as expected from him. But, actually that's not what I meant." San looked at Joy all confused. "Sanha, you don't have to look that confuse... Come on, have you told him that you're officially dating someone?" Joy smirked whilst lifting up her eyebrows.

"Hahahhahahhahahahhahaha. No, of course not. You know how awkward I am when it comes to this. Like there's no way I'd go to him, Oppa I already found my prince! Definitely a nooo! Hm can I please pass this job to youuuuuuuuu my dearest best of friend." San went all puppy eyes to Joy. "I knew it, this was going to be passed to me. But oh well, I dear you so much so I can't really decline huhuhu." Joy replied. Actually she was hoping that San would say that. She really wanted to be the one who'll break the news. Soon after, San parents arrived and picked her up. The day after, Joy also got to know that Jungmo and Seungwoo also went back home. She figured maybe there's no more reason for them to stay as San was the main reason Seungwoo joined the trip and for Jungmo, he must have been asked to accompany Seungwoo. Well, she couldn't blame them, they were not even obligate to join the trip as they're seniors.

[Present time]
Joy just remembered the whole reason why she had to meet up with Wooseok today. Apart of her regretted asking to meet him today as her body was still feeling sore all over due to the packed activities during the trip. But, what could she do more she already promised him.

She got up from bed and went straight to the shower. She needed to look fresh to break an exciting news.

At the coffee shop, Wooseok was waiting for almost 10 minutes but Joy still haven't arrived. "Damn that girl. She was the one who forced me to not be late and now.. How double standard." a moment later he saw a woman who he had been cursing in his breath entering through the shop door; he glared at her. "Hahahha sorry oppa!! The traffic was ridiculous as it was raining outside.." Joy already knew the moment her eyes met Wooseok's, she's going to get a good scold from him. "Ugh, double standard. Woman, you should have gone out from home more-" Joy shut his mouth by placing her finger on his lips. "Oppa, to pay for it, today's meal is on me. Okay? hehehe. Now let's order!" Wooseok replied with another glare and Joy sticked her tongue out to him.

They ordered their usuals and Joy was being very obvious how excited she was to the point that she almost forgot that her body was aching. "Okay what's with the sudden meeting up right after the trip? Shouldn't you rest?" Wooseok asked. "Hehehe rest can wait but this news cannot wait!" Joy cannot really hide her excitedness. "Okay, okay chill chill, no need to be so excited. You're embarassing me, it's not like San got herself a boyfriend." Wooseok shot at her but Joy immediately closed . "Wait.... Is that what this is about?" Wooseok noticed and he thought he got the gist of it. "How did you guess on the bull's eye oppa? Hahahaha. YES! OUR LOVELY PRECIOUS PRINCESS WANNABE FINALLY GOT HERSELF A BOYFRIEND !! She finally brought down the walls that she kept on building all this while. Can you believe it oppa? I'm so happy for her and Seungwoo sunbaenim." Joy was so over the moon to the point she didn't even realize how Wooseok's expression changed in an instance. "Ouh, so she's with that guy?" it's the only words that were out from his mouth, his heart was literally shattering apart. He didn't know how to handle the situation. To be very honest, he already kind of figured that San had feelings for the other guy but he didn't expect that the feelings were mutual. "YES YES! And oppa, you don't have to be so salty, Seungwoo sunbaenim loves-"

Joy didn't finish her words as she finally noticed the face of the guy who is sitting infront of her was very cold as she looked at him, it's like he was going to break into tears any moment then. "Oppa... don't tell me you.. you too.." Wooseok was silent, it's not like he couldn't say anything, it's more that he didn't know what to say. "Oppa.. but since when?" Joy was having mixed feelings, how did she not notice, how heedless could she be. Wooseokwas still silent but Joy knew he was screaming and tearing inside. "Oppa talk to me please, I'm sorry. I don't have the slightest idea. But, since when oppa?" Joy asked again. "Huh? Hahaha, no one is to blame. It's all on me. If you asked when did I start to have such feelings for her, I can't really remember that. But, I know for sure it was long before Seungyoun’s death." Joy couldn't believe her ears, she was so shocked; she was so close to be in tears. That's explain why Wooseok had exactly the same facial expression when Joy told that San just went out together with Seungyoun the night when they got the news that he was involved in a fatal accident. Joy didn't notice anything back then because she thought that it's a normal expression for someone who just experienced a bestfriend's death.

Wooseok must be hurting so much, he must had been the one who's hurting the most. Joy felt so bad, she felt so guilty. She should have known better, Wooseok was always there with them; she should have been the one who noticed it as San was a whole different case. She couldn't possibly notice such thing, San was the most oblivious person Joy had ever met.

"Oppa, I'm truly sorry. If only I knew..." Joy couldn't help but to place the blame on herself. "No, no. It's not anyone's fault. I did keep it lowkey hahahaha Don't worry, I'll be okay as time pass by. Regardless, she's happy right? With that guy?" Wooseok decided to just get over the topic of his feelings, he's very sure if Joy kept on talking about it, he's going to cry. "Hurm... Yaa, she's really happy. Sunbaenim treats her so well.. Hmm but oppa..." Joy still was worried about Wooseok. "Sooyoung ah, I really don't want to talk about my feelings now, I'll be okay... soon.." Joy didn't say anything after, she felt at guilt. "It's fine Sooyoung... but please don't tell San about this. I rather she to not know about this hahaha. Plus, it's nice knowing that San has other people who love and treat her well as much as us hehe" he tried to smile, but yes Joy knew his eyes were saying otherwise.

"I'm sorry oppa.." again she said to the brokenhearted boy; he smiled.

         »»——————— ✼ ———————««
//I'm trying my best to post all 27 chapters before new semester starts bcs im gonna be hella busy.

-Do comment anything you want to say, id love to know XOXO