二 Èr

YOUTH

A YEAR LATER.


It had been a year and so after the fatal incident and San was still not recovering well. She do smile a lot but everyone around her knew she was still not okay. Sometimes at night she would cry herself to sleep because she still believed that it was her fault for Seungyoun's death. And the day after she would smile again for she didn't want to worry Joy and Wooseok.

It's the time of the year for semester break for the college students. San was packing her things when Joy entered the room, "San, are you going back today? I thought it's tomorrow." Joy said curiously. "Yaa, it was supposed to be tomorrow but my mother decided to pick me up today as Yeri is going to go to Jeju tomorrow, she wanted me to tag along." San replied while still packing her clothes. She still had lots to pack and she was getting so stressed. It'll be a long holiday so she needed to pack all her essential belongings and that was practically everything. "Aaaa that's a bump. I just planned with Wooseok oppa that we should hang out for the last time before the long holiday, I'll be missing you lot!" whined Joy because she had planned everything for tonight but what was it for if San couldn't join. Joy then noticed that San's facial expression changed, soon tears flowing down her cheeks. "Hey Sanha, what's wrong? Did I say something that hurt you?" asked Joy anxiously, San's crying was the last thing she wanted to happen on this day. "No, you did nothing wrong. In fact you did good planning all the things, but I just don't like the word 'last', what if it's really the last time I'll see you guys. I hate even to imagine that, I don't want to lose anyone anymore." San, she was still unstable no matter how you look at her. "Sanha listen, I know you're still in grief. Seeing you like this is too much for me, as your bestfriend, it hurts me. Seungyoun oppa was my friend too, letting him go it doesn't mean that we forget him. I bet my whole life that he wouldn't want you to be like this." Joy tried her best to be good for San, she was so fragile. San was already fragile before but after Seungyoun's death she became even more fragile, like every words could cut her deeply. "I'm sorry Joy, I must have troubled you a lot not knowing that you are hurting too." San soon realizing that Joy was too precious for her, she went and hug her tightly and whispered "Saranghae naui chingu."

It's already 5PM, San was waiting for her parents to pick her up accompanied by Joy and Wooseok. "San, I'm going to visit you often as I already bought a new nice car huhuhu that suits a prince like me." said Wooseok cockily. "Aaaaahh oppa, can't you let me breath for a second. Please at least let me miss you." sighed San jokingly. "What about me oppa? You are always about San, aren't going to visit me too?" said Joy while trying to act all sulky. "San, this oppa will never give a chance for you to miss me. Sooyoung-shi, if I ever to go and visit you, I will only be devastated because I know you won't be at home. You're not the type to stay at home.. huhuhu" Wooseok loved these two so much. After what had happened to Seungyoun they're his strength. When the incident happened, he was the first to get the call from Seungyoun's mom asking him to rush to the hospital first as she’s in Daegu due to some business engagement so it was quite far from Seoul, they will probably arrived late. He remembered the moment vividly as it was only yesterday, Wooseok was scared to death during that time, it took him so long to call Joy to break the tragic news. He didn't have the heart to call San as he knew how delicate San was, San couldn't have stomach the info as well as Joy will. At the hospital he was again traumatized to know that San had fainted due to the shock of what happened to Seungyoun. Joy also told him that Seungyoun confessed to San and she returned his feelings, at that time Wooseok was a bit repelled. He didn't have the slightest idea that his bestfriend would have that kind of feeling for San. To be very honest with his feelings, he had the same attraction towards San too. Even the very first time he met San, he wanted to protect her, even more now seeing San in that state. Wooseok was so deep in thoughts he didn't realized that Joy and San had been talking to him, at last he was snapped when Joy slapped him on the "OUCH, DAHEL PARK SOOYOUNG?!" groaned Wooseok. "Oppa are you even listening to us?! Ugh, whatever." said Joy kind of pissed off. *Honk* "Aaaa they're here, so I say it's goodbye for now. I LOVE YOU BOTH! Don't forget about me okay, no one should forget about a princess, remember you're always in the presence of a princess. ALL HAIL SAN GOONGJUNIM" said San proudly. "Eeeeww, I can't believe I have two bestfriends that are prince and princess wannabe, you two should just get married and go to your faraway non-existence land and leave me in peace here in Seoul." said Joy casually, she was that type of girl, saying harsh things but really she's the sweetest girl on earth. "You're just jealous!" said San and Wooseok in sync and the three of them laughed at their own unfunny jokes. San bid Joy farewell with hug and kisses and lastly she hugged Wooseok, "Aren't you going to give your oppa a kiss too, come on I'm a prince. Every prince is deserving of a kiss." said the guy jokingly but as soon after San gave him a peck of kiss on his cheek, he freaking didn't expect that, he was turning red. "EUN SAN HA!! I didn't ask you to literally kiss me. Please don't go around kissing every guy you meet. All men are dogs!" scolded him just because he wanted to cover that he was blushing so hard. "Hey, don't look down on dogs oppa. Anyway BYEBYE!! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO SO SO VERY VERY MUCH!!" San bid her farewell to both of her dearest before going into the car.

It had been 2 months since the semester break starts, San stayed at home more than going out. Her only friend at home was her sister Yeri. Yeri was 7 years apart than her but she's very matured for her age. Sometimes San thought that Yeri was much older than her. Yeri was the opposite of San, San cries at everything but Yeri rarely cries, she's more like Joy. There's no word in the world that could ever describe how San's love for Yeri; it's infinite. She'd do anything for her little sister. "Yeri, I have a question. Do you remember Seungyoun oppa?" an unexpected question suddenly popped out of San's mouth when San and Yeri was having their tea. "Yeaa, the one who passed away last year because of a car accident. Why?" asked Yeri. "Hmmm do you think it's my fault that he died?" San was still not over his death, she still blame herself for it. "Eonnie, are you still not over this. We have spoke about this tons of time and yet no matter what I told you, you still blame yourself. So why bother asking?" Yeri got so pissed by her sister question, she really hated it when San tried to bring this matter again because she knew San will again cry herself at night, and what sister could bear to see her one and only eonnie suffered. Upon that, her parents would be worried of San's state. They'd been knew how depressed their daughter was, they was thinking to send her to therapy but knowing how stubborn San was, they didn't. "No, it's just I couldn't stop thinking about it. What if he didn't send me off that night, he would arrived home early and everything would be just fine. He would still have be living happily now.." the prompt belief that everything started from her had San put all the guilt in the world on her. "Know what eonnie? I'm tired of hearing this thing for over a year now. Can you please respect me even a bit, we keep fighting every single time you brought this up. So, I don't want to quarell, at least for today. By the way, is Wooseok oppa going to come today?" Wooseok as promised had come to visit San more than often since the semester break, San's house was already like his second home, moreover San's parents would be so delighted when Wooseok came by, like couldn't blame him; who wouldn't be happy if a prince come to your house. "No, he couldn't come by today as he had other matters to quell and he'll not be coming in the meantime too." replied San reluctantly as she was lowkey hurt by her sister's words just now. "Aaaa, he promised me to buy me ice cream! I'm so going to empty his wallet for his next visit. huhuhu, but I still want an ice-cream today. Eonnie, let's go to the conbini to buy my ice-cream, I'll buy you one too!" urged Yeri. "You should really stop asking Wooseok oppa to buy you things haihh he's not your bank, and I don't feel like going out today, you can go buy yourself, it's not like you're not use to it." San was really not in the mood for an ice-cream or what so ever. "Come on. An ice-cream wouldn't harm you in any way, let's go please!! It's on me, and that's very rare! Come on come on! Don't be a baby." seeing her sister like that Yeri knew she had hurt San, so she's going to make up to her by treating her over an ice-cream hehehe. "Fine, fine. A minute, I'm going to get my jacket." said San, she knew she couldn't resist her sister.

The conbini was just a walking distant from their house but since it's windy and cold it felt longer. "Eonnie, why are you wearing your college jacket? You're gonna embarrass me." said Yeri while looking so disgusted. "Hey, what's wrong with it? It's not that ugly and I like it because it's comfortable and no one would know me here." claimed San but soon after she saw a very familiar faces, the Double J; Jieun and Jiyeon, her sunbaes at college. "Damn, what the hell are they doing here at of all the places." hushed San. "Yeri, you go inside and go buy the usuals for me. I'm waiting outside." said San, she wouldn't want to meet them eventhough she already knew that they prolly didn't even know she exist, but the jacket she's wearing they would totally recognised that. It was getting colder outside, she was freezing "Dahel is wrong with Yeri wanting an ice-cream in this weather." murmured San to herself. She was then greeted by a guy voice "Hey, you should get in. You're going to turn into an ice if you wait any longer." said the guy who looks very much younger than her, San was a bit taken aback when a stranger talked to her, she just didn't know how to respond. "Yah, why are you not speaking. Are you mute?" added the guy. "Hey, you're sure friendly around people you don't know kid." San was pissed as the guy just banmal-ed her. "It's not like I don't totally know you, we go to the same college." said the guy. "How do you know we go to the same college, I've never seen you." snapped San. "Aishh this girl, excuse me but I've never seen you too as you know our college is big but common sense girl, see we're wearing the same jacket." and San's eyes widened when she saw he was wearing the exact same jacket as her. This was the total worst case scenario. "You sure don't talk much girl, I'm going in, it's really cold outside." the guy went inside, presently after Yeri got out. "Hey, I got your ice-cream!!" said Yeri happily. "Damn Eun Yeri, what took you so long?! I was freezing outside. AND BECAUSE YOU I WAS EXPOSED TO DISASTROUS OF THE HUMAN WORLD TODAY!" babbled San, she couldn't believe she saw 3 people from her college at the least most expected place at the same freaking time. "Geez sis, what are you so emo about?" said Yeri quite shocked for the sudden raised voice from her sister. "Whatever! Let's go home!" said San still pissed, not at Yeri actually but more to that rude guy who she barely knew, she hoped not to ever see him again.

»»——————— ———————««