一 Yī

YOUTH

It's a very sunny Monday, a good day to start a packed scheduled day with class. "A very beautiful morning but a princess like me still hasn't got herself a prince charming, Joy AM I TOO UGLY FOR THE WORLD?!" San suddenly killed the silent of the morning. Joy was shaking her head and always thought what did she do in her past life to gain such a loud friend as San. "San, don't you remember how your last relationship was, it was just a few months ago since he lasts disturbed the hell out of you. Are you sure you're ready for a new one? Huhuhu." Joy had to state the fact so that San wouldn't dream to get a new boyfriend in the meantime, Joy knew that deep down San was still not emotionally stable. "Excuse you Park Sooyoung! It's been 12 months okay, that is equal to a freakin year, get your math straight missy." She was a bit hurt that Joy brought up her past, she really hated it actually but she knew what her bestfriend said, she meant good. "Well 12 months are still a few months ago, Eun Sanha get your fact straight!!" Joy replied sarcastically and San started to walk ahead of Joy to show that she was protesting. The taller girl let her be because after this San will walk back with her. Yes, less than a minute later San walked back to her. "Why are you walking to slow?! I need to talk while walking but people will see me as a very weird person if I talked to myself while walking so do walk faster!" Joy smiled at her friend's randomness and it's good to see her real smile again.

San and Joy just got in the class in-time, since it's a brand new semester they saw quite a lot of new faces and suddenly a boy caught their eyes. "Joy look at that guy over there! I've never seen him before, is he really from our batch?" Joy agrees, "Yes I was thinking the same too!!" Suddenly their eyes met his, they were shocked and pretended to do other things, cliche girls, cliche.

After the first class ended, Joy and San went to the cafeteria as they both were starving. While they were walking San was greeted by a pat on her back, she looked and it was the boy from before. Both of them were startled of his presence there. "Yo, I saw you guys in the class just now, I'm Seungyoun, Cho Seungyoun. I'm sure I'm an oppa to you guys, '96 hehehe." San and Joy were kind of shocked that he’s older than them despite being in the same class. "Wahhhh, you're an oppa and who is the young lad beside you?" Joy said excitedly, as Seungyoun wanted to open his mouth to talk, Joy interrupted, "Wait! We forgot to introduce ourselves hahahha, silly me, I'm Park Sooyoung but just call me Joy, and she is Eun San Ha, but do call her San, never call her Sanha, she really despises it huhuhu" Joy being her usual-self very outgoing and the opposite happened for San, she suddenly became a mute. She just nodded to both boys, they both replied with a smile too. "This handsome lad beside me is Wooseok, my brother, my bestfriend ahhaha" said Seungyoun continued with a big laugh, Wooseok's facial expression changed a bit. "Sorry, I'm not his brother, at least not blood-related. I'm still new to the college so he was taking me on tour. Let me introduce myself properly, my name is Kim Wooseok, and I'm a wangjanim. Nice to meet you." Soon as Wooseok introduced himself all three of them; Joy, Seungyoun and even San burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing?" asked Wooseok cluelessly. "So you really call yourself a prince, a wangjanim whatsoever you just called you are?" San finally decided to talk because this was outrageous even for a random person like her. "Yes. Don't I look like one?" said Wooseok casually. They again laughed so hard at the statement and this time includes Wooseok himself.
━━━━━━━━━━ ✿ ━━━━━━━━━━

 

A year had passed since San, Joy, Seungyoun and Wooseok had been friends. They're like the strongest trio+one, they went everywhere together but at times Joy was absent because she's a one busy woman. She had a lot of friends and most of them were guys so she went out a lot, and as for San she's really awkward around new people so she kept a small circle of people and she called them her people.

As usual on Sunday night the four of them would gather at their usual spot at Blute in Itaewon, they would order coffee and cake, but milk tea for San as she couldn't drink coffee. They would spend hours there to talk about everything. San arrived first as Joy had an errand to do so she texted her that she'd be a bit late. Then a few minutes later Seungyoun arrived, "Where's Wooseok oppa, I thought you're with him?" asked San as she saw Seungyoun was alone. "Oh, Wooseok couldn't make it, he had to go back to his parents house, it's his mother's birthday today." Seungyoun answered while sitting. "Aaaaa, I see.. Joy also said she's gonna be late *beep* ouh, speaking of the devil, I got a text message from her." said San while opening the text message.

"Sorry bbygirl, I don't think I can make it tonight. I have another errands to do. That stupid girl that I was team up to didn't finish the assignment, and now I have to complete it. Sorry again, seeya at home."

"Seungyoun oppa, I guess it's just the two of us today. Joy couldn't make it too, she had to complete her assignment, her group assignment pair messed up. Poor her." It was clearly shown how dissapointed San was when she read the text. "Wahh, how y can her pair be? Why are you not in the same group as her?" asked Seungyoun concernedly. "The lecturer decided the group so it was picked randomly, thank god that my pair was luckily Wooseok and we already submitted the assignment days ago. Poor Joy got Hana." San was very frustrated that Hana had the heart to do that to Joy. Everyone knew that she was the top of the class, but it didn't mean you should take her for granted. "Hana? I think I heard about her, isn't she the beautiful girl with an 'attitude'?" asked Seungyoun like he already knew everything about Hana. "Yepp, that's totally her. A pretty face with zero integrity, huhu." said San with a total disgusted face.

San and Seungyoun talked more than usual that night because usually there were four of them but tonight there were only two. Lowkey she was quite happy that she got to spend time with just Seungyoun. "San, it's getting late we should get home. You have a morning class tomorrow right." said Seungyoun when he realized it was already pass 10 PM. "Waaa, look at the time, we've been here for 3 hours. How time flies hahaha." San said while checking her phone to check on the time. "Hahahaha yaa, we talked a lot. Let me send you home tonight as Joy is not here. I could never let you take the bus at this hour." said the chivalrous guy and he really meant it when he said he want to send San home. "It's okay oppa, really. I'm used to using the bus, I wouldn't want to trouble you." San declined gently. "No, I would be otherwise worried sick about you so it's better if I see you off with my own eyes." sterned Seungyoun. At last, San had to agree with him because fighting with him was the last thing she wanted.

San got in the car and Seungyoun put the seatbelt on San so she would be save throughout the journey to San's dorms. San was touched with Seungyoun's kind gesture, she was very proud to have a guy bestfriend whom 'kind' was the first nature for him. They talked more in the car, and suddenly the conversation got serious. "San, would you mind if I say something?" asked Seungyoun, San was a bit anxious as he stopped the car at the sideways. "Err, yes oppa? What is it about that you have to stop the car?" San was a bit worried at this point and she had all the bad thought going on her mind right now, what if Seungyoun turned out to be a bad person, what if he was trying to harm her. "Hmmmm, actually... I like you. Not friend to friend kind of like, but I like you like how lovers do.." San was shocked she couldn't even talk, it was very awkward. "Hahahahahahah forget it!! Let's just send you home, Joy must be worried sick. I'm s.." San stopped him as he was speaking, "Oppa, i think I like you too. I realized it just now at the cafe, I was actually so content that it was only the two of us tonight. It couldn't mean other thing then that I also share the same feelings as you. You know how a dimwit I can be hahaha.” Seungyoun was stunned by San's sudden confession, he couldn't even believe his ears. It was surreal, he was overjoyed that he hugged San unconciously, he was again more shocked of his own action. "Aaaahhhh, I'm sorry. I was just so happy. I didn't realize what I was doing. I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!" he apologized frantically. "Hahahaha, it's okay oppa, you don't have to be sorry. It's not like the first time you hugged me, we've been hugging here and there before this; four of us hahahaha." San just laughed it out, Seungyoun can be very cute if he's nervous. "So we're a thing now right?" the embarrassed guy asked again, cute. San smiled at him; confirming it. She felt so happy this time; genuinely happy.

San safely arrived home, accompanying her, a boyfriend who she had known for a year but she hadn't got a clue that she had fallen in love with. Love do come at the least unexpected moment. "Bye, oppa!! See you tomorrow." San bid Seungyoun farewell. "BYEBYE GIRLFRIEND!!" Seungyoun waved at her lovingly.

San got in her house while humming and Joy greeted her. "Eyyy, girl what's the commotion about? Like you're always so loud but Eun Sanha humming is really out of you?" San smiled more widely because yeokshi her bestfriend knew her best, "Joy, don't be shock of what I'll be about to tell you. Hahahahhaha." said San happily and jumping here and there. "Settle down girl, stop being a monkey and do sit down." said Joy jokingly. "Hahahhaa okay, hahahhaha how am I going to tell you this hahahah." San couldn't stop laughing, she's like that when she's too happy or embarrassed about something. "Sanha, please stop laughing and talk." Joy was used to this but she would find it funny everytime and sometime got pissed if San went overboard. "Okay, okay. It's like this, SEUNGYOUN OPPA JUST CONFESSED TO ME AND I ACCEPT HIM AND WE'RE A THING NOW. There I said it!" San said it in one breath. "Hahhahahah so he did it? He succeed on it?! HELL YEAH!" San was suddenly confused after she heard what Joy said. "Wait, what did you mean by he did it?" the girl in front of the laptop laughed so hard by San's clueless face, she looked so dumb "I knew it all along, actually Seungyoun oppa had told me beforehand. That's why I didn’t go to the cafe today but wait before you start accusing me of lying to your face, I didn't lie about the assignment okay. That Hana really did me dirty okay. Look I'm doing the assignment now." explained Joy as she realized San started giving her dirty looks. "BUT STILL!!!!!!!!! ugh I can't believe my whole life is a lie, so did Wooseok oppa know too?" San was totally stressed out, her inner drama-queen self was getting her high-key. "LOL, chill girl. Istg, that prince doesn't know about this, he really went to his parents’ house. So you should really prepare your speech to tell him about this tomorrow. I'm pretty sure he'll be very shock. Hahahhaha" said Joy while laughing because she knew that San will be more stress to face Wooseok tomorrow, she'll end up draining her poor brain on how to tell that charming narcissist tomorrow morning. "Aaaaaaa, I haven't thought that far, Joy help me, how am I going to tell Wooseok oppa tomorrow..." San started crying just because she haven't thought on how to tell Wooseok. "Eun San Ha, why are you crying. Can you relax a bit, it's not like he will be mad or what, and it's tomorrow so cry tomorrow not now, hahhaha" Joy giggled, she really enjoyed teasing San. "AAAAAA YOU'RE TOTALLY NOT HELPING ME PARK SOOYOUNG!" screamed San. "Shhh, now go away, get some sleep. I wanna finish my damn assignment." hush Joy to keep San quite. "Okay, bye. I hate you but I hate Hana more HAHAHHAHA." both girls laughed at the statement.

San was sleeping soundly as she was awoken by a sudden hysterical scream that she assumed coming from Joy. She went straight to her to see what was going on, (P/S: San was not panicked as Joy always screamed in the middle of the night due to the stressed of assignment.) "What the hell Joy? I was barely sleeping. And I even need to face Wooseok oppa tomorrow so I really need my sl...." San didn't end her sentence when she saw her friend was on her knees crying while holding her phone. This was totally different from the usual. "Joy.. what's wrong?" San asked worriedly, tears started flowing because she's anxious and very worried. Joy was different from her, she was not the type to cry unless it's awfully serious. "Joy-ah speak to me, what's wrong." She was still crying on her knees. "PARK SOOYOUNG TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG?!" Joy look at San pitifully, "San, Seungyoun oppa.." Joy was still crying as she spoke. San was already on her knees, she was already bawling than she already was, she knew this was no good news.

The next time she realized she's already on a hospital bed. Wooseok was beside her, holding her hands tightly and his eyes were swollen and red. Wooseok oppa, where's Seungyoun oppa. I need to go to see him now." San was trying to get up, she was very weak so Wooseok tried to stop her from getting off bed. "San, stay put. Listen to me please. It's going to be very hard to accept for every each of us especially Seungyoun's family. We have to be strong for them." Wooseok explained while trying so hard to hold his tears. "Oppa, what do you mean. What is so hard to accept?! WHY DO I HAVE TO BE STRONG?!" San started screaming in tears, she didn't want to believe anything. "Sanha please SEUNGYOUN IS GONE! Everyone is having it hard especially his parents so please, I beg you Sanha." Wooseok had lost it, San needed that. San who heard that thought her whole world just trembled down, she couldn't bear her mind to accept what she just heard. It was just few hours ago she'd spent time with him, how could he left her so soon. "Oppa, this is a totally bad joke. Is it my birthday today? Aaaa, stop it I get it now. This is all a joke right, Seungyoun oppa you got me already. Now, come out from your hiding. You must be missing me so much, that's why you planned this thing to scare the hell out of me right? Hahahahaha. Okay, okay I will not be mad as this is our first day as a girlfriend and boyfriend, I'll be okay. So please, please just come and greet me with your loving smile.. please.." again San broke down into tears, it was unbearable for Wooseok to see San in that state, it was tearing him apart. Joy came in to check on San's a while after, she had went to calm herself down. The one who always took care of her looks, that night, her eyes were puffy, her hair was a messed, she's a totally different person. It was harder to see her poor bestfriend condition. "Wooseok oppa, you should go home now. Go get ready for the funeral. Don't worry I'll take care of San, at this state it's better for me to be with her. See you tomorrow oppa." The saddened guy agreed and went home. "San, let's go home for now. We have to get ready for tomorrow." said Joy, she had used the most gentle voice because she didn't want to hurt San anymore than she was already is. "Sooyoung-ah, how did it happen actually? It was only a few hours before I met him and talked to him. Today was our first day..." San finally decided to talk after a few hours of crying. "He got into accident at the junction at his neighbourhood, he had a major concussion on his head. He lost a lot of blood, he couldn't make it through. The doctors tried so hard but it was futile." Joy was strong, she's trying so hard for San. "So it was my fault he got into the accident, if he hadn't meet me, this whole thing would not have happened. He would still be alive, he would still be smiling. IT'S MY FAULT!! IT'S MY FAULT!! IM THE ONE WHO SHOULD JUST DIE!! IT'S MY FAULT!! Seungyoun oppa was dead because he fell in love with me, I'm a curse, I was cursed by my previous relationship. It's my fault.." San fainted again due to exhaustion; crying and screaming.

»»——————— ✼ ———————««

// It's a very long first chapter. I hope you enjoy the whole drama in just a chapter. Thank you for reading!