二十五 Èr shí wǔ

YOUTH

Jungmo helped Seungwoo to his bed, he'd been living in the hospital for the past two weeks, that explained why San couldn't find him anywhere. It just happened that the day Wooseok saw him at the café he was stopping by there just because he missed San and that's one of the ways he relief it. Also the day San met him and Jungmo in the college was when he needed to send his school work.

"Mogu, parting with the person you most dear, never being able to see them again, I never knew it can be this sad and painful. My father told me to keep on smiling because everything will eventually work out but it didn't. Smiling never solve anything." Seungwoo had stopped crying but he still looked pitiful. "Hyung-ah. Do you really have to do this? Can't you just stop all you're doing and just tell her the truth, you're killing yourself and also her." Jungmo doesn't have the heart to watch Seungwoo like that and even more when he knew what happened to San, it ripped his heart. "Jungmo-yah, she said that she regretted meeting me and she would've unmet me. To be brutally honest I would do the same if I knew she would suffer like this." Seungwoo looked at the walls thinking if he just could undo everything. "The only weapon that I have to protect San now is by running away from her. I don't know any other way to make her get used to live without me. My time is almost up you see, sooner or later..." Jungmo eyes are getting teary, he hated when things got emotional. "You see the human body is very amusing, some time it can be very strong but some other times it can be very weak, we die so easily." he continued looking at his dearest dongsaeng whom he had taken care of almost 15 years who never failed to support him.

"But hyung, I know you say more things with your eyes than with your mouth and now your eyes are saying you need San and she needs you too. So, please I beg you to stop this nonsense you're doing." Jungmo was so hurt, he just couldn't bear with everything that's happening. It should have not ended this way, those two were supposed to find happiness not a tragedy like this. "You're just the same. You never say much with words either because we both know how words have no power. Imagined what words could do to protect her when there would be time I couldn't even recognize her." the guy on the bed replied. Jungmo was just like Seungwoo, they never differed that much from each other and they both treasured each other so much than words could ever be explained. "Kid, you're the most selfless and kindest person amongst everyone I know, you’ve been a very good younger brother, you’ve been a very good best friend, at least to me heh. I must have likely hurt you in various ways, so it's okay to let loose a bit because in this world we're living in it's okay to get discouraged or be selfish in once a while..."

Seungwoo held the younger hand. "and, I'm sorry I took Sanha away from you." that moment Jungmo eyes widened but said nothing. "I knew you like her. How? It's your eyes. The way you look at her is the exact same way I look at her, you think I wouldn't notice did you? Relax, I'm not mad or anything, in fact, I'm relieved at least I know there's someone who would treasure and take good care of her after you know." Seungwoo smiled. "And at first, I thought you like her after I did but then San told me she'd met you before at a convenience store long before I met her and met you again when she was rushing to class but she said you couldn't recognize her, and that rings a bell. I remembered that you want to show me your crush but you never did and then remember that time I showed San to you and your face changed a bit, I didn't notice back then but it all made sense after she told me that and ya I figured it was her all along and it was actually me who like her after you. I'm so sorry I'm such a bad friend." He felt so bad making Jungmo suffered after one another, he lost his parents at a young age, then he got to know that his favourite hyung, his best friend got diagnosed cancer, he then let go of his love for him and now that best friend is dying.

<>

10 years ago.

Seungwoo and Jungmo were playing basketball after school just like any other normal kids would be like at their age enjoying youth. Suddenly, it was raining so bad with thunder so Jungmo quickly ran to shade. "How did it suddenly rain like this? We didn't even bring umbrella hyungggg." Jungmo said to Seungwoo but there was no response so he turned around and realized Seungwoo was hyperventilating a few metres away from him. He ran to Seungwoo and he was shocked, Seungwoo was panting so bad, his face was all red. Jungmo carried the taller guy on his back in the rain with his small body all the way to Seungwoo's house.

"Sunhwa noona! Sunhwa noona! Seungwoo hyung! I don't know what happened to him but he's suddenly like this." Sunhwa who got panic by what's happening quickly took the car key and drove them to the hospital. There the doctor diagnosed the 15 years old boy has anemia. For a boy that age who had still much to explore Seungwoo was not allowed to do anything heavy that may harm his cardiac.

All those years after, Seungwoo had been going back and forth to the hospital, at some point of times he didn't get to go to school for months because he needed to be warded but by the end of their high school he got loads better.

It was all good for several years until that fateful night, they were having a birthday dinner; Jungmo's birthday. Jiyeon and him were in the kitchen cooking when suddenly Jieun screamed Seungwoo's name. Jungmo left whatever he was doing and ran to the living room. Seungwoo was coughing blood, he kept on coughing then he fainted. It was the first time Seungwoo collapsed after 4 years, Jungmo carried him again the same way as he did many years before. Jiyeon and Jieun took all his important belongings and got into the car. The girls were already tearing, they called Sunhwa and Jongsuk. They rushed to the hospital, Sunhwa and Jongsuk were already there waiting for them. The doctor said thank God that they were quick enough going straight to the hospital and didn't wait for the ambulance because they might have lost him but he also confirmed something that no one would want to hear. He said the anemia from before is from the caused of cancer, Seungwoo had actually been suffering cancer all this while.

"How much more time do I have?" Sunhwa’s eyes widened by the question coming out from her one and only brother. "Dear..." Seungwoo looked in his sister's eye, signalling he's okay. "It's hard to say but maybe 3 years at most." hearing that Sunhwa fell on her knees and cried, Jungmo who was outside eavesdropping the conversation ran to the washroom and cried his heart out. He refused to believe that he's about to lose the most dearest person to him.

Everyday after that Seungwoo had to console everyone that he's fine, he already saw this coming the moment he got diagnosed a few years back so he's accepting it well so must everyone who is dear to him. He even said he wanted to try everything he couldn't have so he won't have any regrets later on including falling in love.

One day, Seungwoo went back from his faculty and declared to Jungmo that he's finally in love.

<>

Joy opened the door and rushed to San and hugged her. "How sick of you not telling me a single thing to the point I had to know from Wooseok when he picked me up just now and that's only because I ask how are you to him and his face changed and had the audacity to lie to me." the taller girl said. "Ouh you know now. Don't be mad at him, I was the one who told him to keep quiet and I didn't tell you because I don't want to disturb you while you're on a vacation." San tried to reason to Joy.

"Okay understandable. Now tell me what happened actually, Wooseok oppa didn't tell me anything just now because he said it's better hearing it from you, he just said you broke up with Seungwoo oppa and been crying everyday since." Joy wanted to know the whole story and tried to not jump to any baseless conclusion. "Haihh, long story short. I told him about my past and he didn't accept it well and it resulted in ending our relationship." Joy was obviously shocked. "That is not possible. He already knew though, I was the one who told him myself. He did accept it pretty well too." hearing that San face changed. "He knew?! When did you tell him?" San just couldn't understand what was happening. "Last summer. I don't really remember the exact moment but while we were waiting for you or some sort. I was telling him that please take care of you well because you've been through so much and some stuff that made me open up the story about your past relationships. I hope you're not mad." Joy suddenly felt wrong telling Seungwoo that without her friend's consent. "That's not the case now. If he already knew about that way before I told him why the hell he wanted to end our relationship?" San is getting teary again, she was so confused.

One of Joy's weakness is seeing San crying so she really had to come out with a solution. "Now, I think the only answer to this is Jungmo right? So we have to get through him." Joy tried giving ways so that San stop crying. "I tried, he won't answer my calls, he will only respond to my text but also rare." San replied. "You do know I have two phone numbers right, I don't think he saves my other numbers so let's try calling him using that." do expect that coming from clever Joy.

Jungmo: Hello?

Joy: Jungmo, it's Joy noona here. Please don't hang up the phone and hear me out first, please. San and I already knew that San's past was not the reason that Seungwoo sunbaenim acted that way. Now would you mind telling us the real reason because San is really about to lose her mind here.

Jungmo: Ouh, it's you noona. I think I really have to do what I have to do even hyung doesn't want it...

Joy: What do you mean?

Jungmo: You guys are at your apartment right? Wait there, I'll pick you up in 30 minutes.

Joy: Wait, I don't under-- *Jungmo hung up*

"Rude!" Joy was a bit pissed when Jungmo just suddenly hung up on her. "What happened?" confused San asked. "I don't know but he said something that he had to do what he had to do and will pick us up in 30 minutes." Joy explained still pissed. "Heh? What did he mean by that?" San was now more confused. "I don't know Sanha-shi. Now I want to wash up a bit while waiting for that ruthless kid sunbae." Joy said and went straight to the bathroom.

⠀»»——————— ✼ ———————««

//That's about it for this chapter. Stay tuned for the next one!! Thank you for who's still reading.

-And pls do comment anything you want to say, id love to know XOXO