二十六 Èr shí liù

YOUTH


San and Joy went down and saw Jungmo's car at the lobby. San opened the front door and sat beside Jungmo observing his face. "Where are you taking us?" San asked. "Hospital." the guy answered, that made San and Joy looked at each other. "Why? Are you sick?" dumb San threw another question to the guy beside him. "You'll know when we get there." he answered so vaguely but neither San nor Joy asked more.

They arrived at the hospital and just followed the taller one to a specific room. Soon as San read the name of the room's owner her eyes got teary immediately, and it broke her heart more seeing the person who was lying sleeping on the bed. There, were Sunhwa and Jongsuk. The older girl holds her hand whispering "Please be strong." she then let go of San's hand. San was dazed of what's happening but still went straight to reach Seungwoo's hand causing him to wake up. "Ouh hi." he said to San. "Noona is this your friend? She seems so friendly holding my hand when this is the first time we met." San eyes widened, her tears were streaming non-stop, Sunhwa could no longer hold her tears, Joy looked stunned and Jongsuk faced the wall because he couldn't bear to look at San. San started wailing and that's when Jungmo knew this will turn out ugly, he pulled San out of the room and brought her to the cafe downstairs.

"Have a seat. I'll explain to you all you need to know but first, you need to calm down. They are lots of people here." Jungmo chose the cafe because he knew San would not cause a scene where there were many eyes on sight. The girl who was crying so hard just now trying to calm herself down, wiping her tears with the handkerchief Jungmo handed to her. "Alright, now tell me why is he there, lying on the bed? And why can't he recognize me? Jungmo why?" there were so many things she had to stomach and her mind couldn't do it. "Noona... listen..." Jungmo let out a big sigh. "Seungwoo hyung has been sick all along. Long before he knows you. He was first diagnosed with anaemia when he was 15... I still remember like it was just yesterday of what did happen, so he couldn't do heavy activities because he will get tired easily. Treatment after treatments for years, he's finally recovering. He was fully recovered when we graduated high school. Everyone was so content, we even celebrated it." He pulled out a photo from his wallet and showed it to San; it was a photo of him, Seungwoo, Sunhwa, Jongsuk, Jieun and Jiyeon were eating at a jajangmyeon restaurant with a banner behind them said --THANK GOD FOR RECOVERING OUR SNOOPYWOO AND CONGRATULATION KIDS ON FINISHING HIGH SCHOOL.-- "But then earlier last year, it happened again. My feeling was numb, tears came out without me realizing it. I thought he was already fine, he was just fine all this while how did it become like this. I kept on slapping myself because I thought it was a dream noona." the girl in front couldn't believe her ears, was this even real? But now all the dots are connected why Seungwoo never did all the heavy job, it was always Jungmo. Why the first time they went hiking it was Jungmo who carried her instead of him, it was all because Seungwoo was sick. How could she not notice?

"Hyung been diagnosed cancer was not the worst part yet, last two months he began to have amnesia. Then the doctor said on certain cases this type of cancer will sometimes lead to Alzheimer and it did to uri poor Seungwoo hyung. Do you know how did it happen? He was sleeping and I went to him to wake him up for dinner. So you know hyung right? The first thing he'll do after waking up is checked his phone so he did. Then suddenly he asked me, who's the girl as the lock screen in his phone? I was stunned, I explained to him it was you, his lover. He laughed, he said how can he have a girlfriend... He went through his phone, and his gallery was full of your photos, he was so confused." the girl who was listening almost lose her breath hearing that. "Do you know how I felt then noona? My heart almost stopped seeing him in that condition, not recognizing his one and only love. I don't know how to react, my tear was streaming he looked at me looking so confused, it was just us then, Sunhwa noona and Jongsuk hyung was still on their honeymoon, so I couldn't reach them. I asked him to go to the hospital, he refused at first. I have to force him to go, I texted Jieun noona to keep on calling Sunhwa noona or Jongsuk hyung until she can reach them. The doctor confirmed that cancer he's suffering now is causing Alzheimer. My heart breaks into a million pieces, how can his condition got worse than it already was. I went back to him, he was already sleeping, later after he woke up saying why is he in the hospital? I stayed silent, he reached his phone and smiled helplessly then he said I miss her. But hours ago he couldn't remember you, I quickly called the doctor. The doctor rushed to him and have another CT scan on his brain. They said it was a rare case this time. He will have amnesia at times when his brain triggered it. And his memories are limited only until he was 19 that's why he couldn't recognize you. I told him what happened, he broke down, he cried so much. I never saw he cried this much, not even when he first knew he was diagnosed with cancer. He was so mad at himself for being so sick, for not recognizing you. He felt so guilty towards you and then when he decided to let you go. He knew you couldn't bear to watch him like that, he knew you would cry everyday seeing his condition. He was afraid that you would treat him as someone who'll die, he was so scared that you would treat him differently. He was so scared that you would do something stupid and not think about yourself that's why he lied, he said it was to protect you noona." *beep* Jungmo looked the text message he got from Sunhwa. "He's already awake. Sunhwa noona and Jongsuk hyung already told him everything. He wanted to see you, just know that his memory is a little fuzzy, please don't be you know." the guy really didn't want San to cause a scene, it will be so heartrending for everyone.

Soon as Seungwoo saw San he smiled at her like nothing had happened because he didn't know any other way to do at that particular time. San went beside him feeling so angered. "I'm sorry dear." Seungwoo held her hand but she pulled her hand from him. "You know what oppa? you got carried away thinking that you knew what's best for others, for me. You being like that had hurt me more than you could ever imagine, I cried every single day, I cried myself to sleep each night thinking what fault did I cause to ever make you leave me. And now seeing you like this, how can I accept this oppa? what makes you think that by me knowing later when you're already dead, when you're no longer in this world gonna make it less hurting. You're so selfish oppa, you tried to save me but you destroyed me. I hate you for that. How do you expect me to live without you, not seeing you smile, not seeing you laugh, not seeing you console me how oppa how? And so what, even if I get hurt it's me, not you. So please don't you ever dare say that you did what you do for my own sake." her tears finally broke. It was because she was angry, she was sad, she was disappointed, the feelings were all mixed.

All Seungwoo did was trying to mend and save San's heart not realising the process had made it worse. Seungwoo knew San would react like this, he knew that San would give him that look, he can already foresee that his girl would be crying like this and it hurt so much. "Sanha dear, I'm sorry. but in time like this shouldn't you supposed to be saying, I love you, I love you, I love you and I love you. Shouldn't you embrace me and be nice to me. Do you really no longer love me?" Seungwoo tried to joke but the girl didn't answer she was crying so hard, how could she not love him. Seungwoo is her world, seeing him in that condition was too much, it was unbearable.

"Let's not make it more painful than it needs to be." Seungwoo held her hand. After a while she started to calm down then she fell asleep due to exhaustion of crying too much. "This is why I don't want to tell you. Because now whenever you're with me you're always gonna cry. Just as much you're always on my mind, in your mind you will always think of my illness. You're always going to be scared of when I'll die. That's why, in order for you not to cry for me anymore while I'm still alive, I have to let you go but I guess our love is just like this. I'm so sorry for hurting you so much." he whispered to her while her hair.

 

⠀»»——————— ✼ ———————««

//Yeay yeay yeay. This is going faster than I planned, so what is the fate that lies ahead these two.

-And pls do comment anything you want to say, id love to know XOXO