十五 Shí wǔ

YOUTH

The three of them; San, Seungwoo and Jungmo climbed up the mountain earnestly but suddenly San stopped. "I'm tired, can we rest?" San whined. "Hahaha sure. There's a nice spot to sit." Seungwoo spotted and ran to a very suitable place for them to rest a bit. "I thought you like this kind of thing." Jungmo suddenly spoke. He hadn't said a word since the three of them started climbing up the mountain thus made San a bit awed. "Aaa, hahaha I thought so too. But I guess outdoor activity as this such isn't really my forte." San was still awkward talking to him. She just couldn't imagine herself being close to this guy.

"Hyung, here." Jungmo passed a bottle of mineral water to Seungwoo. "Aigu, uri Mogu, thank you." The slightly taller guy smiled at him. "Do you need your milk?" Jungmo asked him. "It's okay for now. I'm gonna save it until we reach the top. Hehehe." he replied. "You can have mine. I don't really want it, I just brought extra just in case." Jungmo tried to convince Seungwoo that it's okay to drink his if he really wanted it. Seungwoo replied by shaking his head and a smile. "If you say so. But, if you do want it later on just tell me. I have it in my bag." Jungmo assured the older guy. Witnessing that, San knew how close both of them are, she could see how dear Seungwoo was to Jungmo.

"Sanha why are you suddenly quite?" Seungwoo noticed how quite his lover suddenly was. "Hahahah it's nothing. I'm just tired." San was snapped back into reality. "Hahahahha, poor my lil princess. Come here sit beside me, maybe we should just stay here and wait for the others to get down?" he asked. "No, no it's okay. I'm not that that tired ahahahaha, in fact I'm already fine now." San replied feeling a bit guilty to slow down the two guys. "Hahahah sure you are, but maybe we can rest another 5 minute for the sake of just because hehehe" Seungwoo's face always lit up whenever he spoke though he's not as talkative as San, but he was full of humor and knew how to make people happy, San really loved that side of him.

After they had enough rest, the three of them continued climbing up the mountain. Seungwoo lead them as he insisted to be in the front, following by San and Jungmo behind her. Seungwoo was very energetic, he never let go the smile carved on his face. San was so focused on him until she didn't realize there were crooked staircase that caused her to slip. Fortunately, Jungmo was there to grab her from falling. The situation would be so bad if he wasn't there. San was shocked of the sudden incident, Seungwoo also stopped noticing the situation and rushed to San. "Sanha?! What happened?" it could be seen how worried Seungwoo was. "Hahaha I just slipped. But, thank God Jungmo is behind me." San's laughed to not worry Seungwoo. "I think you can let go of me now. Hahaha, thanks I guess." San continued. Jungmo didn't notice that San was still in his arms, he was a bit embarrassed.

Jungmo let go of the girl, and San tried to walk after. "Ouch!" she screamed, Seungwoo and Jungmo both looked at her concernedly. "Sanha, are you sure you're okay? You don't seem like it." Seungwoo knew something was off by San's facial expression. "I'm fine, this is nothing-" the girl couldn't even finish her words when the boyfriend decided to rolled a bit of San's pants. Her ankle was so swollen, immediately he carried her in his arms. San was very flustered; Jungmo was too. She even tried to get off him because she was really embarrassed, she was blushing furiously but Seungwoo held her so tight to himself. "Now, now princess. Behave, you don't want yourself to fall right? What about we stop here and have a good look at your ankle." He tried to joke but he sounded very stern. "Mogu, did you bring any first-" Seungwoo didn't get to finish his sentence when the other guy already handed him the first aid kit. "Hahaha I know I could count on you kid." he smiled at Jungmo.

Seungwoo gently put San down, and rolled her pants higher than before. "Oppa, you know I can do this by myself. You don't really have to go this far ahahaha." the girl was still embarrassed and tried to stop Seungwoo but the guy ignored. "Kid can you hold this lady's hands from doing any sorts of thing other than resting." he directed the younger one. "HAH?" Jungmo and San said in sync. They both were taken aback and reluctant, Seungwoo no longer had the smile he had before. Only worried and stern expression were painted all over his face. Jungmo eyed San to just concur what the oldest wanted as he didn't really want to go that far to the point he had to hold her hands. San nodded and just let Seungwoo do what he wanted. He then took off San's shoes and socks and sprayed the cold spray to her ankle.

Jungmo observed his dearest hyung doing, everyone who'd saw this could tell that Seungwoo was dead worried about San. He had his mouth shut since he told Jungmo to hold San's hands, only his hands are moving very efficiently; he knew what he was doing. To be very honest with himself Jungmo was as worried as Seungwoo but he's not really the type to portray his feelings nor his emotions. Jungmo was very stunned when San slipped, his hands moved automatically to grab San for falling any further and their eyes met. Then he didn't know what to feel, the feelings were rather everything. Who'd have thought the girl he saw around 8 months ago at a convenient store shivering in cold was going to be his closest person's most cherished person.

Jungmo knew all along the girl whom he met at the convenient store and the one who bumped on him the first thing in the morning to class was the same person. People called love at first sight was cliché but guess young o Jungmo defined cliché. It was a very cold afternoon that day, there standing a girl wearing the same varsity jacket as him shivering, he assumed that she must be waiting for someone. He was called to say something on the situation, though people called Jungmo as a sadist but he couldn't help himself to bare his eyes knowing the fact that it's really cold to wait someone outside in this cold weather. Upon speaking to her he was mesmerized by her appearence. The girl was beautiful but her eyes seems rather sad and cold, as the climate. He could sense the girl was wary of his presence, maybe it was the way he spoke to her. Even the way she replied proved that she was wary of him, well couldn't blame her, he should had spoken in much nicer manner; she's a stranger at that. Regardless, Jungmo had fallen for a stranger.

That was the first and the last time Jungmo saw her during the semester break. Soon as the new term opened, he tried to look for her in the college. Then a day after, Seungwoo pointed to a girl who he claimed the love of his life; the same girl from the convenient store. What a turn out of event ey? How could he dare to have such significant feelings for the girl whom his hyung the one who took care of him almost all his life had eyes for. Seungwoo was always before anything, before everything for him thus it's his first nature to give in to him. Hence, that what made Jungmo decided on his action when they both; San and him bumped onto each other was the first time he met San.

Jungmo got back on reality when Seungwoo called him. "Kid, you okay? What's with the spacing out?" Seungwoo said. "Hahaha nothing, I'm just admiring the nature. Anyways, how is she? She's okay now?" Jungmo tried to get away with more unnecessary questions. "San's okay for now I guess, I'll already wrap her ankle with the bandage. But, we still need to take her to the infirmary." Seungwoo explained, he was still wearing the worried face from before, San was feeling so bad at that time. She wasn't supposed to make him felt like that; she sighed. "Okay then. I guess we should get down now." Jungmo replied whilst packing the first aid kit used just now in his backpack. "Another thing Mogu, can you please carry San on your back. She wouldn't be able to walk yet looking at her circumstances." upon hearing that, both San and Jungmo eyes widened. "Hah?! Are you being serious? Please no. I can walk by myself." San protested, what nonsense did she just hear. "I'm dead serious." Seungwoo replied unyieldingly. "Now Koo Jungmo quick, get her on your back. No worries, she's very light hahahaha." Seungwoo decided to make a joke at the end of his words as he sensed the tense that apparently caused by himself.

San whom found another new side of Seungwoo decided to just agree what Seungwoo said because it's clearly seen that he was just worried of her. "I'm sorry if I'm heavy. I just ate a set of double cheeseburger last night..." she got on Jungmo's back, the embarrassment she had to suffer that moment was surreal. Jungmo on the other hand was so nervous, his heart was thumping like crazy, "How daheck did it end up like this?!" he screamed internally but maintain a straight face on the outside. "Oi, hyung is right, she is very light. I wonder if she really does eat anything?" he then monologued to himself. Seungwoo carried Jungmo's backpack with him and took out a carton of milk. "Look at him casually drinking his milk, ain't he the one supposed to carry me? Daheck I'm with this sadist!" San was mumbling to herself, she was still pissed why a kid is carrying her, and yaa she just thought a suitable nickname for Jungmo (Sadist) not knowing that everyone around him called him that too.

The journey to the hostel site felt longer as they didn't talk much. San was bearing the embarrassment so she couldn't talk and she thought that it would be damn awkward to talk when you're on someone's back, plus that person's back. While Jungmo’s heart was still thumping, he was sweating too probably because how nervous he was, and Seungwoo; he looked so deep in thoughts, he must still be worried and wanted to arrive at the infirmary quick.

They finally arrived at the hostel site after a very long silent walk and went straight to the infirmary. Seungwoo opened the door and the doctor there quickly asked Jungmo to put down San on the bed.

"Her ankle was quite swollen but thank God it was just sprained, and good job to you two for taking immediate action attending to it and not letting this miss walk, it would have been bad otherwise." the doctor gave a thumbs up to the two guys. "I'll be going out a bit, you three can stay here if you want to. By the way miss, do rest a lot. If you can don't walk that much. Running is strictly forbidden for the time being." she said while getting ready to go out. "Thank you doc!" the three of them said in sync.

"I already texted Joy the moment we arrived here, I believe she'll be here soon." Seungwoo said. San looked at Jungmo who was fixing his back, she felt sorry. "I'm sorry, I must be very heavy." she said. Jungmo was stunned, he didn't notice that San was looking at him "No, you're not. You're very light, I wondered if you starve yourself." San pouted, she couldn't interpret what did he mean by that but he sounded so sarcastic. "Sanha, later when Joy arrived I want you to rest. It hurts me seeing you in pain like that. I should have taken good care of you, Joy trusted me." Seungwoo felt so at fault, he should've been more careful. But, he was so into the hiking that he neglected San. "No oppa, I was-" San couldn't finish talking when Joy came rushing to her in horrified face.

"Sanha what the hell happened?!" Joy was worried sick. "Hahahahha chill. It was just a sprain, you know how clumsy I am. I was so fortunate to have Seungwoo oppa and Jungmo sunbaenim hehehe." she laughed it out trying to calm Joy who was obviously still not calming down. "Girl! To hell with that clumsiness of yours. You scared the out of me EUN SANHA!" San just laughed seeing how worried her bestfriend was. "Nah nah, I'm okay now you see. Now take me to our room. A princess needs to have her rest hehehehhe." Joy looked at San's ankle and she was relieved actually that nothing beyond this happened. "Thank you Seungwoo sunbaenim, thank you Jungmo, I don't know what would have happened if you two were not with her." she expressed her deepest gratitude to the boys whilst linking San's arm to her shoulder. Seeing that Seungwoo then suddenly took San and put his back.

It happened so fast Joy was shocked, San was too. Why was Seungwoo so random, he could at least said he wanted to carry San to their room. "Oppa, you know you can actually say something. Look you shocked Joy." San who was already getting use to his randomness. "Hahahha sorry my bad Joy. The doctor said to not let San walk so I did what I did hehe." he eyed a sorry look with his smily eyes, Joy laughed so hard.

"Well what a peculiar partner you got her Sanha-shi" Joy thought and the four of them walked to the girls' room.

»»——————— ✼ ———————««
//I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll update another chapter soon. Editing names is so tiring...

-Do comment anything you want to say, id love to know XOXO