Stray Bullet (Baekmin, Ongniel)

Undecided

*inspired by an Ongniel fanfic I read named Tightrope by ShirayukiSayaka on asianfanfics*
Promise it'll be totally different though ><

Main Pairing : Baekho x Minhyun , Daniel x Seungwoo

Police x Mafia au
Rated (foul words, bloody scenes, nonconsensual, M, TW, etc)
###

Summary

When a recon mission goes wrong, policeman Minhyun and Seungwoo find themselves in the hands of the mafia gang members they were tasked to observe. However, they both end up in situations that could either cost them their lives or their hearts.

☆☆☆

1

"Day 4 of recon, no particular active signs from the gang. 3 on lookout as usual with 2 guarding the goods," Seungwoo spoke into the voice recorder as he kept track of their progress. Minhyun looked through the binoculars as he laid on the grassy area that served as cover. Seungwoo joined him after he was done with his voice report and scooted beside Minhyun as quietly as he could. "You doing alright?"

Minhyun nodded as he waved the little medicine bottle in front of Seungwoo to tell him that he had taken his medication before keeping it in the front pocket of his bulletproof vest. The two policemen had been out here for days ever since there had been spilled information that a transaction would happen right where they were stationed but there was yet to be any suspicious activities so they couldn't just go in guns blazing without concrete proof. There were other policemen stationed around the area in pairs as well but each pair was a huge distance away from the next to cover more ground.

"Think we will be out here for a few more days?" Seungwoo asked, already getting bored of the job somewhat. He preferred the action and chasing after bad guys, capturing them in the name of justice without actually killing them.

"Probably. They haven't done anything so far and there's no signs of any suspicious vehicles that's coming this way," Minhyun responded as he pushed himself up to sit. His arms were aching from being in a rigid position for a long time. He handed the binoculars over to Seungwoo instead.

"Think we will actually bust them this time?"

"No clue. We don't even know if we can trust this information. Those guys may look like gang members but we can't even be sure of that," Minhyun replied with a hint of annoyance, mostly because this type of work was strenuous on his health. He was more of the type that stayed behind the desktop all day but Seungwoo was the only one left without a pair and Minhyun was their best shot. He had good aim that made up for his lack of stamina although Minhyun preferred to be nowhere near the action. He was sensitive to sweat itself and being stationed out in the open could prove to be more lethal than keeping a keen eye on these guys from behind a screen but they weren't going to allow Seungwoo to join if he didn't have a pair so the other practically had to strike a deal with Minhyun to get the sensitive policeman out from his station.

"This is boring," Seungwoo complained despite the fact that he still do a darn good job at keeping his focus on ever little movement they made.

"For someone who loves action, I can only trust that this is indeed boring for you. I am more than thankful that I don't have to deal with gunshot wounds or being threatened from this range," Minhyun said with a chuckle. Seungwoo groaned and rolled his eyes. A crackle in the walkie talkie hooked onto Seungwoo's belt startled the both of them.

"Incoming car from 9 o'clock," a short response came through in a static filled voice. Both the policemen had their guards up immediately as Minhyun laid low again to try to see what was going on. A plain car was driving up to the warehouse. It wouldn't have looked suspicious at all if you just saw it on the streets on a normal day but this wasn't a normal day and the most normal things you see could often prove to be the least normal of them all. The glint in Seungwoo's eyes changed as he kept track of the car.

"Think you'll finally get the action you're craving for?" Minhyun asked and Seungwoo shrugged.

"Could just be someone checking up on the goods," Seungwoo responded. The car stopped in front of the warehouse and the men standing charge walked up to the car, seemingly having a chat with whoever was inside the car before the door was opened for the car to drive in.

"Team 1 and 2 will move in. Get to a better position. The rest of you stay put until further orders," the voice said through the walkie talkie again. Minhyun was glad they were on the last team so chances of them moving from their spot was low unless a gunfight blew out. Seungwoo was itching to join though.

"Should we go?" Seungwoo asked Minhyun the dreaded question.

"What about no? I like being safe up here," Minhyun replied while getting up again. He checked his gun and the amount of bullets he had just to be sure he had something to protect himself with if anything ever happened. Seungwoo clicked his tongue but nodded.

An eerie chill ran down both the cops' back when a gunshot filled the air, followed by cries for help. The two partners exchanged glances.

"Team 3, 4 and 5, move in. Team 6, check on team 1 and 2."

"Great. So much for not joining in the action," Minhyun grumbled but stood up with his gun ready. Seungwoo got up as well but the uneven ground made him slip even for someone experienced in the field.

"!" The cop cursed as he started slipping down the hill at an alarming rate. Minhyun gasped and immediately dropped to the ground to grasp his partner's hand to stop him from falling down the hill.

"Hold on!" Minhyun said and tried to pull his partner up. Seungwoo tried to grab the ground but his grip kept slipping until Minhyun managed to get hold of his flailing hand. Seungwoo found his footing once his hands held Minhyun's securely. The taller male pulled as he climbed. Just before Minhyun managed to get to his feet, he heard rustling behind him. He let one hand go, grabbed his gun and spun around, aiming at whoever was coming out from behind the bushes. Seungwoo got a proper hold on the ground before two gunshots went off. He had looked up just in time to see Minhyun and a gang member fall onto the ground.

"Minhyun!" Seungwoo gasped and quickly went to his side. Minhyun bit his lip painfully as blood flowed down his leg that got hit.

"ing hell. It hurts," Minhyun cursed. Seungwoo turned to the gang member who laid dead from a head shot.

"Your aim is as crazy as ever," Seungwoo muttered before he tried to find for something to help stop the blood flow. he removed his belt and tied it above the wound to stop the blood flow. Minhyun bit down on his lip again to keep his screams down.

"Yeah and no thanks for saving both our asses," Minhyun snapped since he was annoyed by the pain in his leg. Seungwoo opened his mouth to say something but shut it instead. Instead, he put Minhyun's arm around his shoulder and helped him to his feet. He took his walkie talkie out to report their situation but there was no response from any of the other teams which made both of them worry.

"You don't think the operation is rigged, do you?" Minhyun asked as he limped along the path.

"What do you mean?" Seungwoo asked.

"That man from earlier. He knew exactly where we would be and not to mention, team 1 and 2 had also shifted to a closer position that was pre-determined before they got attacked."

"You're saying there's a mole among us?"

"That's what I'm guessing or it wouldn't make sense that we are getting attacked without knowing-"

"They could have just scouted out our positions in these 4 days too that we have been here too," Seungwoo tried to convince himself otherwise because a mole among them would be the last thing he wanted to deal with. It meant fighting against someone they most likely knew and that idea had never sit well with him. The two males tried their best to get to the clearing but before they could get any further, Minhyun's leg buckled on him. He collapsed, dragging Seungwoo down with him. He wheezed painfully as Seungwoo put him down carefully. There was a blood trail behind them.

"Go and get help, Seungwoo. I can't keep this pace right now," Minhyun groaned as he leaned against a tree.

"I'm not leaving you here alone," Seungwoo snapped.

"Like it or not, it's not like you can carry me downhill and protect yourself now," Minhyun argued back. "It'll be more efficient for you to get help and then come back for me later. Who knows how many other officers are down right now. Chances of us getting out of here alive are slim to none if neither of us do anything about it."

Seungwoo was reluctant to leave the taller male alone but he understood their situation as well. If he run back to the gathering point, he could warn the others before they were ambushed or worse case scenario, killed. He looked at the pale sweating male and his bleeding leg.

"I'll come back for you. I promise."

"Don't go raising a death flag on me now," Minhyun tried to joke through the pain and Seungwoo almost rolled his eyes but nodded.

"Stay hidden."

"Go already!" Minhyun gave him a light shove to get him moving. He watched Seungwoo disappear down the path with his long speedy legs. He clutched his gun close to himself and counted the seconds. After a whole minute, he shifted to a better hiding spot but he didn't manage to fully hide himself before the pain got the better of him and he out.

Seungwoo rushed down the hill, panting heavier than he did the last three days. He kept trying to get through to the other's through the walkie talkie and in-ear piece but there was no response. The moment he spotted their vehicle, he pulled out his handgun and started scouting the area for any enemies. It was quiet and that only made Seungwoo more alerted. What if Minhyun was right and this was all a set up? He approached the back of the van and kept a look out before opening the backdoor. Empty. Their equipments were all there but there was no one inside. A broken headphone laid on the floor with a puddle of blood. It was then Seungwoo noticed the trail of blood that was leading into the forest. He thought about his choices. He could try to contact headquarters right now or he could try to help any surviving officers who were still able. He didn't have much time to decide when he heard footsteps crunch behind him. He quickly spun around, gun aimed upwards. A blur flew past his face, startling the cop as he realised someone just tried to kick him but missed him by mere inches. He aimed low and shot, missing his attacker who jumped back in time.

"Didn't think any one of you had the guts to pull the trigger," he heard his attacker say before another punch came flying at him. He blocked the attack but was still knocked back by the unexpected power in the blow. Before he could pull the trigger again, his attacker had grabbed his armed hand and twisted it to behind him but he held onto his gun stubbornly. Seungwoo held back his groan and tried to throw the other over his shoulder but an arm locked itself around his neck expertly. He knew this person was no regular gang member. It had to be someone experienced in fighting. He clawed at the arm before trying to elbow his attacker but his elbow only came in contact with something hard which was most likely a body armor.

Seungwoo cursed internally as he started gasping for air. He struggled as much as he could to break free but it only took out more energy from him until he felt his consciousness start to fade. He tried to hold on but there was no fighting it as his body went limp and his vision darkened.