XOXO {Baekmin}

Undecided

One shot

For the lovely and wonderful purpleviper~

Fluff (?) I can't write this for the life of me, I think it became more sweet than fluff... What is fluff oh god. 

Secret relationship au

 

###

 

It's been 7 years since their debut and 5 since the beginning of their secret. Baekho and Minhyun were dating but they hadn't told anyone yet, not their manager or even group members. That didn't mean it wasn't obvious at times. The small seemingly meaningless touches or giggly interactions or nagging or sneaky gazes. Any chance they had, they would group together. Whether it was the sports day event or the bowling game or just any time really, Baekho would choose Minhyun and Minhyun would choose Baekho. It was their own secret.

 

Why haven't they told anyone? They didn't know really. Even after years of hiding it and when Minhyun joined Wanna One, they never found the need to tell anyone. Because being together was more than enough to them. They trusted their members with all their hearts but they just didn't find the need to mention it. Maybe they were afraid it would mess with the group's balance or maybe it was just something else but right now, it was still a secret.

 

"-Minbaek team-"

 

"So you and I are just friends?"

 

"I would like to fall into your eyes."

 

Baekho was excited about their 'LieV' that day because of the sleeping arrangements. He was right beside Minhyun and not to mention, they would get to take a nap after too. He tried his best not to be too clingy the entire night although it didn't help that Minhyun was being so cute during the aegyo scene or when he was holding up the 1 million followers trophy. Minhyun acted as if nothing was different. Their members didn't really take notice either as they continued chatting the night away. Baekho kept taking the opportunity to lay down on his boyfriend who didn't really respond much until it was time to take pictures for their SNS accounts. Minhyun poked his cheek and the other couldn't hold back the cheeky smile either. Once the lights dimmed and the Vlive was over, they thanked the staff and crew before finally being allowed to take a short break before going back to the dorms or in Minhyun's case, his own home. The 5 of them laid down again and the other three started chatting away while Baekho leaned against Minhyun, trying to act interested in what the others were saying. Sometimes he wondered if things would be different if the others knew. Maybe they wouldn't have to act all secretive about this but Baekho didn't think they were hiding it either. Jonghyun, Aron and Minki just never really voiced it out either.

 

"I'm going to take a nap," Minhyun said while yawning. Baekho followed along, sticking to him like glue.

 

"We should too. It's been a pretty long day," Jonghyun said and they all proceeded to shut their eyes except Baekho. He couldn't. He knew the lights were dimmed and the crew had all left the room. Their manager was doing something else and would be fetching them in an hour's time. Within minutes, it seemed like all of them had fallen asleep except the songwriter who usually slept late on a daily basis. He hugged Minhyun and pouted a little. Minhyun shifted and turned around to face Baekho, peeking his eyes open slightly.

 

"Hey," Minhyun mumbled sleepily. Baekho smiled and crawled a little higher so their faces were at the same eye level.

 

"Hey. You tired?" Baekho asked in a whisper and Minhyun nodded honestly. "So I probably shouldn't disturb you, right?"

 

Minhyun chuckled softly and pulled Baekho closer. "You can disturb me any time you want. Something wrong?"

 

"No... I'm just wondering why do we keep this a secret again?"

 

"What secret?" Minhyun mumbled, his brain wasn't exactly registering their relationship as a secret anymore. It was just not made public in his eyes.

 

"Us.. You know?"

 

"Oh." Minhyun shrugged and glanced at s behind Baekho. He could see the three of them cuddling each other to sleep and scooted closer to Baekho, sneaking a kiss on his lips. Baekho was taken by surprise since he knew the others were behind him. "Was it ever a secret?"

 

"What?! Was it not?" Baekho squeaked while glancing behind him. He was more afraid of Jonghyun waking up than the other two. He knew Aron won't stir unless someone shook him up. Minki was unpredictable while Jonghyun was a pretty light sleeper.

 

"I don't know. I never really thought much about it," Minhyun replied him while giving him another kiss. As if he was slowly starting to get addicted, Minhyun rolled onto Baekho and claimed his lips again. It was always as exciting as the first time they shared one after a sweaty day of training, only more so when it was sneaky. Jonghyun stirred and the two of them froze, glancing over nervously. They turned back to each other, lips barely hovering over one another's before they broke into little giggles. 

 

"Not a secret? Then why are we being so sneaky?" Baekho scoffed and smacked Minhyun's arm. Minhyun feigned pain as he rolled back to Baekho's side, pressing his chin against his boyfriend's shoulder. 

 

"Why not? It's more fun this way, right?" Minhyun whispered back and hid his giggle behind a hand.

 

"Don't you think we should come clean? We have been together as a group for 7 years now. Even longer as friends." 

 

"I don't think we need to. They'll ask us if they want to know," Minhyun replied while yawning a little, rubbing his tired eyes. "Plus I think they already speculated it..." 

 

"Are we that obvious?" Baekho gasped and Minhyun raised a brow at his boyfriend. 

 

"Sometimes... Maybe. I don't know. I'm sleepy, Baekho ah..." Minhyun closed his eyes and Baekho rolled over to face him, placing a gentle kiss on his forehead. 

 

"Right. I'm sorry for disturbing your nap." 

 

"Mmm... Don't think too much about this," Minhyun said softly and tiredly. "When the time comes, I know they'll accept us. We are more than just friends after all. We have been through so much together... Baekho..." Minhyun opened his eyes and smiled prettily. Baekho wished his eyes had a camera function then and there. "Everything will be fine. You'll always be Nuest's main vocal and I'll always be the lead vocal... Or was it the other way around? Anyways, I love you." 

 

Baekho found Minhyun's hands under the sheet and squeezed them. "I love you too, Hwang Minhyun." 

 

Minhyun closed his eyes again and drifted to sleep, dreaming of standing on stage with Baekho except it wasn't just a dream but a reality he could share with the one he loved and s. He would never trade anything for it. 

 

When Jonghyun woke up because of the manager shaking him and asking him to wake the rest up, he took notice of s'. Minki was still clinging onto his waist and Aron onto Minki's. The two drumstick thighs on him earlier was gone and he turned to find Baekho and Minhyun messily tangled together in their nap although Minhyun was mostly like a stick and Baekho's limbs were strewn everywhere on the tall male. He smiled, seeing how affectionate the members was and wished things would last like this forever. 

 

###

 

A/N : I really want all of you to know that I sincerely appreciate your time to read my stories and leave a comment and even find me personally to give a gift. All of you are such sweet wonderful people and I wish all the best to you in any endeavours you have. I'm always happy to hear that I am able to make your day even just a little better and I'm really grateful especially if I am your favorite author because I wouldn't be here writing so much if it weren't for you guys too. You guys make my days much better too and I always look forward to all your comments and love towards the group especially baekmin/minbaek coughs. Thank you so much and hopefully we will be able to stay strong with Nu'est for many years to come :)