Puppy Manager / Sunday Mornings

Undecided

Singer Minhyun 

Manager Baekho 

Can't decide on the title haha 

Rated story

 

~

 

It was a Sunday morning and Sunday mornings were Minhyun's quiet time away from work or so he had hoped it stayed that way until his manager came in at the wrong time on the wrong day. 

 

~

 

1

 

He was a singer.

 

He was a manager.

 

They were both not the worst person to be paired with but neither were they the best. One sometimes get too curious and overstep boundaries while the other tried his very best to build walls and stay out of reach. It was a very curious little relationship between manager and singer. That was until one day when phones were accidentally forgotten and time was running out.

 

Typically on a Sunday morning such as this one, Minhyun made it particularly clear that he didn't want anyone to disturb him. He had already informed his manager about it too, telling him to stay away from his apartment and also not to call but not today. Unfortunately, a phone call from a director had Baekho panicking as Minhyun was urgently needed to refilm a part of the music video that was set for release in a couple of hours. So here his manager was spamming calls but none getting any response from the singer himself. So he took it upon himself to head up 7 floors to the singer's apartment despite the warnings before. Well, it was either he lose his job or he lose his job so it was a lost to him either ways. He knocked on the door at first, wanting to be polite and not barge in on the singer despite having a spare key for emergency purposes. 

 

With no response, he decided to press the bell instead and waited almost patiently... For 3 minutes before he decided that the urgency was making him too sweaty and it didn't help that it was hot that day too added with his slightly thicker than usual hoodie. He pulled out the key card and placed it on the reader. It beeped and lo and behold, the door swung open for him. He entered the apartment and looked around for any sign of the singer. As he made his way to the kitchen, he heard a sound coming from the direction of his bedroom instead so his feet switched directions in a hurry. He was about to barge in when he heard muffled noises which made him even more worried that something might have happened to the singer. He didn't so much as to think to call the police or investigate the sound further when he opened the door widely. He felt a tight squeeze in his chest as he stared in shock over the singer standing beside the bed and on the bed was a stranger bound by his hands and feet with a ball gag in his mouth too.

 

Everyone was shocked and surprised but the one who was hit the worst was the manager who abruptly ran out of the room. The singer gave chase and grabbed hold of the manager's arms, spinning him around to stop him from running away. 

 

"Wait! Let me explain!" the singer raised his voice but Baekho was too flabbergasted to actually hear the other as he tried to wrestle his way out from his hold. Baekho was definitely stronger since he needed to be to protect the one he was in charge of but he seemed to have forgotten at that moment, elbow moving to hit Minhyun's jaw. Minhyun cried out in pain and let him go. Without a second thought, Baekho left like the wind, leaving a hurting Minhyun holding his jaw. 

 

***

 

Regret was probably the strongest feeling as the manager sat in his car, squeezing his phone tightly in his hand. What was he supposed to do after seeing that scene? Hear Minhyun out? But he didn't want to hear any excuses the other would come up with right now. He wasn't even sure how he was going to face him after hurting his prized face, something that should never ever be hurt. What now? Should he just hand in his resignation letter instead? Quit and run to a quiet corner of a village far away on an island? He should have listened to Minhyun's warning not to find for him on Sunday mornings. It's just mornings but what about his job? His phone rang and he yelped, abruptly dropping it before hurriedly picking it up.

 

"Baekho sshi, its been an hour since we informed you of the filming errors... Have you been able to contact Minhyun sshi yet?"

 

What should he say? Should he just cut the line? Why did he even bother to pick up then? He almost let out a whimper but held it in as he took a deep breath. Just before he could say anything, a knock sounded on his window and he ended up screaming instead. He jolted and stared with wide eyes as the singer stood outside the car with a disguise on but Baekho had trained himself enough to recognise the other even just with his eyes or nose or lips. Minhyun gestured almost irritatedly for him to open the door and Baekho reluctantly opened the lock. Minhyun got into the car and was about to snap at him when he noticed the phone.

 

"Uh... Um... He's with me right now. We will be heading to the set in about... 10 minutes." Baekho ended the call and tried to remain calm as Minhyun just stared at him. He took a deep breath, feeling secondhand embarrassment creeping up his neck for making such a scene. "I-I am so sorry!"

 

He bowed his head down and prayed Minhyun was in a good mood since the other had all the authority over his job just as much as his boss does.

 

"I won't tell anyone at all! Not a single soul!"

 

"That's not what I'm here to say, Baekho. I read the messages. We need to refilm something, right? So let's get going."

 

"Huh? Eh? You're not upset?" Baekho blurted out naively and met Minhyun's clearly fierce piercing eyes. He yelped and hurriedly changed the gear to drive. The drive to the set was quiet and unsettling but not like he had a choice as he brought the singer over to the set to refilm his music video.

 

Baekho sighed and watched Minhyun working professionally like he always does yet somehow noticed that their eyes kept meeting. His cheeks flared up and he pretended to be busy with his phone instead. He was quite sure Minhyun was holding a whip in his hand earlier as well, now that he finally calmed down a little but thinking about it didn't help at all too! Obviously, he shouldn't be too affected by what Minhyun wanted to do or did during his free time but he also had the duty to make sure it wasn't anything too scandalous. If this got out anywhere, neither of them would survive. 

 

It wasn't until they were almost back at Minhyun's place that Baekho gasped aloud, making the singer jolt.

 

"You didn't kidnap someone, did you?!"

 

"What? No. Of course not."

 

"Oh thank god... I would have lost my job if that were the case," Baekho muttered, forgetting that his relief wasn't exactly at the right moment.

 

"I'm still here, you know."

 

"Ah, crap. Sorry. Uh... Anyways, you're home." 

 

"Thank you. Good work today. I'll see you tomorrow." 

 

"Ah, yes. Good work too..." He watched as Minhyun scooted out from the car and headed back into his apartment. He couldn't help but to stare at the other until he was out of sight before letting out an exasperated sigh. Next time, remember not to come here on Sunday mornings. 

 

As stressed out as Baekho was, Minhyun was equally stressed out but he just managed to hide it better as he headed up to apartment. The moment he entered it, he fell to his knees and took deep gulps of oxygen as he recollected himself. He had to always act calm on the outside so he wouldn't worry anyone but on the inside, he was suffering just as much. From being found out and also not knowing how to explain to his manager that it was just a one time thing. It wasn't that he was on bad terms with Baekho but he had tried to keep his distance. He got up from the floor and headed towards a room beside his bedroom which he kept locked at all times. After all, he wouldn't want his manager to enter it by accident. He unlocked the door and stepped in, taking a deep breath before opening his eyes to his own sanctuary. 

 

On the walls were enlarged images of none other than his own manager, taken with his own phone. While he was sure his fans had rooms just like this, he knew if this got out, it'll spell nothing but trouble for him and his manager. Hence why he had to keep his distance once he started realising he was taking too many photos of a single person sleeping or eating and even putting them up on his wall. Though it was hard for him not to admit that being in the room made him feel calm and safe as he laid on the mattress he had place there just so he could lay down and feel closer to his manager. He did wish he could get closer to Baekho but knew his obsession for his manager wouldn't end well. Not for his career or love life. 

 

So for now, he would just accept that this is his fate and this is the closest he would ever get to holding him close.