The Hate Game {Baekmin}

Undecided

Short drabble cause... Its been awhile

 

###

 

 

"Let's play a game!"

 

Because Little Dongho loved games and always agreed to play with Little Minhyun.

 

"Okay! What game are we playing?"

 

"Let's play something called the hate game."

 

"Eh? Doesn't sound fun," the child grumbled as his taller friend grinned.

 

"Wait until you hear it. This game, we throw insults at each other and say everything that we hate about each other out!"

 

"Why would I do that?"

 

"Because its fun! That way we will know what we don't like about each other."

 

"Are you sure you won't get upset at me?"

 

"I suggested it so there's no way I will get upset."

 

"Okay! Then I'm in. You start first."

 

"Okay. I hate... Your hair. It's always so messy."

 

"Geh- well I hate your big head!"

 

The taller boy gasped and put his hands on his waist. "Well, I hate your big feet. You're always getting in my way."

 

"No fair. Your head blocks my view all the time! Then, I hate your mouth. They're always shifting the blame onto me even though I did nothing wrong!"

 

"My mouth is perfectly fine. I hate your voice. They always make me feel so jumpy and excited."

 

"What's wrong with feeling jumpy and excited?! Then I hate yours too. Because it always reminds me of my mother."

 

"Ughh, you-"

 

"You said you won't get upset!"

 

"I hate that you are so messy and how nothing ever gets put back in their right place after you use it."

 

"I hate that you're so neat and that everything needs to be put back afterwards. I'm just going to use it again. Why do I have to put it back?"

 

"I-I hate that you won the singing competition."

 

"I hate that you lost! Because you song much better than me."

 

"Huh?" At that point, the taller boy was confused. "I hate that you're so strong."

 

"I hate that you're so weak. Even though you don't cry as much as I do."

 

"I hate that you always get the cafeteria lady to give you more food."

 

"I hate that you eat so much yet you don't get fat."

 

"I hate that Kyulkyung get to pair up with you because boys can't be together."

 

"Well, I hate that Aron held your hand!"

 

"Y-you do?"

 

"Yes! Because I want to hold your hand." Upon saying that, the shorter child grabbed the taller one's hand. "Like this."

 

Minhyun blushed furiously as he held Dongho's hand in return. "I hate that the teacher gives you more attention...."

 

"I hate that the girls give you more attention."

 

"I... I... I like you."

 

"I like you to-wait, what?!" Dongho squeaked as he finally realised how shy and awkward his loud friend had become. He looked down at their held hands and opened his eyes widely. Minhyun pulled away and gasped.

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

Then he ran away.

 

16 years later

 

"I'm home."

 

Dongho raised his head from his desktop as he heard Minhyun's voice. "Welcome home."

 

"Not even gonna come and greet me at the door?"

 

"Shucks." Dongho pushed himself off the chair and stumbled over to the front door with a sulk. "Welcome home. I hate it when you do that."

 

"Well, you know how much I hate it when you put your shoes on the upper rack."

 

"Ugh. Why do you have to be so picky about that?"

 

"Because all the dirt falls down onto my shoes. Especially since you don't dust them before you put them back." Dongho rolled his eyes and rushed back to work. Minhyun hung his coat up and sat down on their shared bed to take off his socks. "Deadline?"

 

"Yep."

 

Minhyun got up and lifted Dongho's head, giving him a quick kiss on the lips before heading into the bathroom. Dongho continued typing away furiously to meet his deadline.

 

After his shower, he kissed his cheek and went to the kitchen to find something to snack on. He went back to the room and slid a cashew nut between his lips before washing his hands. He sat down and hugged a pillow as he waited for Dongho since the other was in charge of cooking.

 

Busy eyes darted back and forth between the time and work. And send!

 

"Yes!" Dongho cheered once he was done and managed to send just a couple of seconds before the time changed. He spun in his chair and cheered but stopped when he realised Minhyun had fallen asleep while waiting for him. He got up and covered him with the blanket before rushing to cook for both of them. If Minhyun hadn't force this responsibility onto him, he would probably forget to eat too but after accidentally starving Minhyun, he had tried to change for the better of them both.

 

After cooking, he woke Minhyun up and they ate peacefully. Minhyun washed up as always and Dongho back hugged him, leaning against the tall male.

 

"Dongho, I'm washing the plates. If you're not going to do anything, help me wipe it."

 

Dongho pouted but listened anyways. "I hate doing dishes. Why don't we just get a dishwasher?"

 

"It won't be clean and I'll hate to have to wash it all again."

 

"Dammit..."

 

Once the last plate had been put away, Minhyun took off his rubber gloves and wiped his hands dry. Dongho took the chance to hug him again as well as to kiss him on the lips. Minhyun groaned when Dongho pushed him against the island top, stopping him quickly.

 

"You know I hate getting the kitchen dirty."

 

Dongho rolled his eyes. "You hate getting anything dirty."

 

"Hmmm. So you do know. Then we better prepare so I won't complain later, shall we?"

 

"Ugh... I hate you."

 

"Mhmm I love you."

 

Dongho pouted but snuck another kiss onto Minhyun's lips before letting him go. "Love you too."