[Nu'est]

Undecided

~Requested by shesus~

Okay well, not going to lie but I at heartwarming stories but I tried so wheeze I hope u guys enjoy it QwQ also I'm not sure about the timeline in reality so if there are any mistakes, I apologise cause I wasn't really active during that period and now I feel guilty af, it's also kinda short but enjoy? >v< 

To all my fellow Loves out there, 

###

L

It's been about a month since they have heard of the news of a dear member's father passing. The member himself had been focusing on the survival show so he never once showed that he was feeling down or upset especially in front of the cameras. He worked hard and even pushed himself further. More, he told himself. He had to keep it up because now it wasn't only s that were relying on him but his mother as well. He didn't have time to cry or mourn. He couldn't break down. Not now. But even hours of practice and after several stages, he was still unable to get into the final lineup. Minhyun was there though and he felt as though that was better than nothing. At least one of them made it and now, they could still continue as a sub unit while waiting for Minhyun. 

After the show ended and several days passed, he went to the studio and sat there by himself. Thinking that the first step back to idol world was completed. Now the second was to create something people would actually like. Their fans. Loves. They deserved so much better and so Baekho flooded himself with work instead of spending time thinking about useless thoughts. He would go back home and visit once there was time but right now wasn't the time. Right now, he had to keep going. He was too busy writing new song lyrics that he hasn't even noticed the studio door opening and shutting. He felt a hand on his shoulder and he turned to find Minhyun there.

"Hey...," Minhyun said with a small smile.

"Hey. How's dorm life with the new group?" Baekho asked while continuing his scribbling. He heard from the others that Minhyun would be shifting out to film a reality show with the other Wanna One group members. 

"Noisy," Minhyun replied while arranging the papers on the desk as he watched Baekho write intensely. "Baekho, how long have you not sleep?"

"What are you talking about?" Baekho chuckled nervously.

"Jonghyun called me and told me that you haven't gone back to the dorm at all ever since the show ended. You haven't even shaved. Look at you," Minhyun said in a worried motherly tone as he tilted Baekho's face towards him. Baekho sighed.

"I need to work on the music for the unit to have a comeback. Without you..." Baekho didn't want to continue talking about it. Without Minhyun, he felt like something would be lacking. Their group only felt complete when it was the five of them but now they were one down. Minhyun sighed and pulled him up from the chair before dragging him to the couch that was in the studio room. "Minhyun, I need to write."

"I know and I don't have much time here either." Minhyun sat down and pulled Baekho down onto his lap. "I brought you soup and... Also a blanket and some supplements. Baekho, it's okay to cry if you want to."

"What do you mean?" 

"We all know what's going on and it hasn't been that long. It's good to be strong and all but you don't have to hold back with us. The show is over too and there's only you and me in the studio right now." Baekho blinked and his eyes soon glistened. He didn't realise he had been holding back so much when his tears started pouring out and he wailed into Minhyun's lap. Minhyun gently patted his back and took out some tissues to wipe his face. Baekho cried. Cried for the loss of his father, cried for the guilt of not being there for his family in times of need, cried for not being good enough, cried for being unable to help the group, cried that their responsibilities had been heavily burdened onto Minhyun and just cried for having held back. Minhyun said soothing assuring words as he continued to pat the other's back. He knew how much Baekho had kept inside after all since he could hear him whispering words of apology to everyone. They've always to be a crybaby so when Minhyun realised he hadn't been crying, he was holding in a lot. Even during the end of the show, Minhyun had been the one who shed more tears than him which rarely happened. 

He cried until his tears stopped flowing and he was too tired. Minhyun gently wiped away his tears and snot as he fell asleep from crying too much in such a short period of time. He sighed and slowly got up, sliding in a pillow under his head. He covered Baekho with the blanket that he brought and took a look at the lyrics Baekho had written for the unit's comeback. He smiled a little when he saw that his name was included as well. He took a piece of paper and wrote a note for the other.

'Remember to drink the soup when you wake up and go home and take a shower. You stink! Don't starve yourself! Keep it up and see you soon.
-Minhyun-'

###

O

Days passed then and Aron invited Baekho out from the studio where the other had pretty much holed himself up in. Only occasionally going back to get a fresh change of clothes and take a shower every time he caught sight of the note Minhyun left behind. It helped remind him of things he should remember to do as well like drinking enough water and definitely eating proper meals.

"Where are we going, Aron hyung?" Baekho asked as they walked around in disguises.

"Just getting coffee and doing a little shopping together."

"Really? On a day like this?" Baekho responded as he looked up at the sunny sky and squinted. It was hot. 

"It's a perfect day to be outside and you need more sunlight. Have you seen yourself? You look like a zombie right now."

"I feel like one." He probably also sounded like one since he didn't really have much conversations with anyone in the studio except Bumzu who was helping with the songwriting and also loads of singing that would still take a toll on his voice. 

"All the more reason you should come out. I know finishing the songs is important but you're just as important, Baekho. You don't have to take up all the burden yourself. We are also part of the group."

"I know. Bumzu hyung is helping out too so things have been getting much better." Baekho guessed Aron could be kind of brotherly sometimes despite his cute outlook which wasn't that surprising since the other did have younger siblings. Baekho felt better and more energetic to work on the songs once their hangout was over. Aron wanted him to go back to the dorm but he decided not to since he had fresh new ideas and he wanted to put them down on paper before he forgot.

###

V

Baekho laid on the couch and frowned, trying to get the tone right for the song that he had just managed to piece together. It was already rather late but he still didn't want to rest. He wanted to at least figure out this song before he called it a night and probably just knock out on the couch anyways. He grumbled and scratched his head before putting the paper down onto the table, humming again and again but can't seem to get the right tone for it. The studio door opened after a small unnecessary knock and in came Ren with a bright disposition. He was definitely a sight for sore eyes right now for Baekho.

"Minki, you're here," Baekho said with genuine delight in his voice as he sat up. Ren grinned and plopped himself onto the couch beside Baekho.

"I'm here indeed! Working on the songs?" Ren asked and Baekho nodded.

"All day and night."

"Stuck on something?"

"Yeah. I can't really figure out how this tone goes. Do you think you could think of something right now?" Baekho slid the paper to him and Ren picked it up.

"Well, what's the base for it?"

"A little like this," Baekho said and proceeded to hum the background music for Ren to listen to. The youngest nodded and tried to add his own rendition to it. Soon they were both going with the flow and Baekho liked the way it sounded. Different from what he originally thought about but it came out even more wonderful than he expected. They went over it a couple more times until Baekho felt satisfied, even making a quick recording of it so he won't forget. "Wow. You're a great help."

"Thanks. As a reward, why don't we go out and sing karaoke? You've been stuck in the studio for days, Baekho. Maybe going to the karaoke and singing some other songs would help you gain inspiration."

"Seriously? It's not the right time, Minki."

"Just for tonight. It'll be just 3 hours and then you can get back to work. I promise."

Baekho couldn't find it in him to reject the youngest especially when he pulled out the cute card as well. "Alright, alright. Just 3 hours as a thank you for helping me out."

"Great!"

With that, Baekho was dragged out from the studio to sing karaoke with Ren. He had to say that he did miss spending time with s like before but he knew during the preparations and promotions for the comeback, he would be able to spend ample time with them. Right now, he had to do his part for the group. No matter how tough it was.

###

E

It was one of the rare nights that Baekho went back to the dorm to shower when he bumped into JR as he came out from the shower. The leader was delighted to find Baekho at home and actually caring for himself.

"You're home!"

"Yeah. Just for a bit and then I'll head back again."

"Why not stay the night?" JR asked as they sat down on the couch beside one another almost too naturally despite JR going in the opposite direction earlier.

"I'm almost done with the album. Then we can start recording soon."

"That's great. Have you been eating your meals? Drinking water? Getting enough sun?" Jr bombarded him with questions and Baekho laughed.

"You're going to start sounding like Minhyun nagging me every time he visits the studio." Jr smiled and shrugged.

"We just worry for you. After all, you're important to us."

"Funny. Aron hyung said that too. You're all just as important to me too which is why I want to get this done."

"Make sure you get enough rest after the album is done."

"I can get enough rest after promotions end."

"Baekho." Jr shook his head and sighed. Baekho chuckled and nodded.

"I know, I know."

"Well, since you're home now, why not just call it a night and sleep on a proper bed?"

Baekho contemplated that decision and in the end, Jr dragged him into his room instead. He tucked Baekho in as well.

"Now, no getting up from bed until the sun rises. And no using your phone either. Get some rest and you can finish the album tomorrow."

"Yes, mum," Baekho replied jokingly. He felt warm that s cared about him this much. He didn't feel lonely. He never had to feel that way because he could always just call them and they would pick up too.

"Good. If you need anything, call for me. I'll be playing games in my room."

"Yeah, yeah. You should sleep too."

"I will after I play one round. Maybe two."

"Jonghyun."

"Alright, dad. Two rounds."

They laughed and Jr exited Baekho's room to let the songwriter have his rest.

###

❤️

The album was out. Their music video recording went well. Their photoshoot was fabulous and everything was just as it was supposed to be. Their first stage performances was also a hit. They even won first place for the first time in 7 years after debuting and Baekho felt so proud of s. They had all worked hard for this moment and now it was in their grasps. Tears were shared as they hugged one another. Baekho wished Minhyun was there with them to celebrate their first win but he also wished his father was around so he could tell him that they finally made it. All his efforts were finally showing him a glimmer of hope and he wanted so badly to share it with all of his family. He cried and s just embraced him, giving each other words of comfort. 

That night, they went out to celebrate although Baekho was the only one who didn't know where they were going. 

"Don't worry. We will get there soon." 

"Why do I have to be the only clueless one?" Baekho frowned at the others. 

"It's cause you've been so busy preparing for the comeback we just forgot to tell you about it." 

They stopped at a building and got down the car. They headed up all the way to the rooftop where a table was laid out for them. There were also fairy lights hanging around and the place was decorated like how it would be in a music video. 

"Wow. We are having dinner here?" 

"Yep. In celebration of getting first place!" Baekho noticed something weird as they sat down. There was an extra chair in front of him. He was about to ask when someone else came up to the same level. His eyes widened when he saw Minhyun smiling brightly at them. 

"Guys!!" Baekho was the first on his feet as he stumbled over to hug the tall male whom they all missed. "Hey, Baekho. I heard the new song. Watched the music video too. You all did great today." 

"Minhyun, we missed you, man." 

"Well, it that there have been some problems with... You know what but that's okay. I'm here to celebrate with you guys and I'm sure no one saw me." 

"Congratulations to Wanna One's win too," Ren said and Baekho let the tall male go so they could sit down and have a proper dinner together after months of being separated. They started chatting just like old times as if nothing had changed and all of them were grateful for that. Even though Minhyun had won first place with a different group, they all shared the same feelings for having finally taken a huge step forward. They cheered to each other's success as Nu'est and for each individual. When it was Baekho's turn, they stopped him. 

"What? Why?" 

"Because we got one more surprise for you," Jr said while Minhyun got up from his seat. 

"Seriously, guys. Why are all of you being like... Like..." Baekho felt his tears slide out unknowingly when Minhyun led someone to the table. "M-mum?" 

"Surprise, Baekho." For the second time that night, he ran up to someone to hug. All of them huddled in for the big hug, drowning in the warmth of family and love that night. Thankful for pushing through times of trouble together and for having each other's back all the way through. Thankful that they had each other to lean on when they wanted to cry and to share laughter with. Thankful that they found each other in Nu'est.

"I love all of you so much." 

Fin