Vaccine {Baekmin}

Undecided

Just a quickie cause I'm soft for min holding rawon(?) 's hand during her injection 

 

###

 

"It won't be painful at all! You're just being a wuss," Baekho crackled at Ren who was huffing about having to take a vaccine. He was there along with his two best friends, Minhyun and Baekho. He wasn't the only one doomed to take it but he knew Minhyun wasn't really that frightened of needles and Baekho's optimistic view definitely wasn't helping him.

 

"I don't trust you," Ren hissed at the older.

 

"Oh. Come on. We are already... Almost 26 soon. Why are you still scared of taking an injection?" Baekho said proudly. Minhyun just quietly listened to the two talk as they waited for their turn.

 

"I'm not! I'm just scared of the needle before it goes in."

 

Baekho and Ren continued throwing comments back and forth about the injection that they hadn't even realised Minhyun had gotten up to enter the office for his injection. The tall male took it without much problem although he did glance away as the needle entered his skin because literally who in their right mind would want to stare at a metallic thin threatening object pierce your skin (the author probably since needles are just needles). He heard the announcement call for Baekho and thanked the doctor. He opened the door to find the previously boastful male now standing meek before him.

 

"Good luck," Minhyun blurted out but before he managed to walk out, Baekho had hooked his arm around his and dragged him back inside. The doctor smiled at them and didn't question it. Baekho plopped his down onto the seat, forcing Minhyun into the one beside him. "Umm... I already had my shot, Baekho."

 

"I know," the loud male now spoke in a quiet tone. Minhyun realised Baekho was actually trembling a little. It was almost unnoticeable and he guessed the other was just talking big earlier so Ren wouldn't be scared either when in fact, he was the most scared among them all. Minhyun adjusted himself in the seat as the doctor prepared the needle. He noticed Baekho's pupils shrink and nervously glanced away. Minhyun held back a teasing laugh and tried to remove his arm from Baekho's but the other had a tight grip on him. Despite how much Baekho didn't want to look weak in front of them, he didn't mind it when it was Minhyun. Maybe it was because they were closest to age or maybe he just knew Minhyun wouldn't purposely make him feel terrible when he already felt bad now, not when he wanted to make fun of Baekho later on though.

 

"I'll hold your hand if you're nervous," Minhyun whispered to Baekho just as the doctor's attention shifted to finding for an alcohol swab to use. Baekho gulped and nodded very very slightly. Minhyun almost missed it but since his full attention had been on Baekho, he didn't. His hand shifted and he slowly wrapped his fingers around Baekho who tensed up a little before relaxing. "Don't worry. It won't hurt at all."

 

"S-shut up," Baekho whined and Minhyun smiled a little.

 

"Okay then."

 

The doctor turned back to them and rolled Baekho's sleeve up. If he saw their held hands, he didn't mention it or show any changes in expression. Baekho turned away from the needle but the thing that came into view happened to be Minhyun's gentle smile and he wasn't sure which was worse to stare at now. His impending doom or his impending doom. Minhyun's thumb gently rubbed his hand comfortingly and Baekho eased up as he stared into his friend's eyes. Gentle. Caring. Comforting. 

 

"Okay. Done."

 

"Wha-" Baekho was surprised since he didn't feel anything apart from a little sting which was now turning into a numbing sensation as the doctor patched it up with a little square bandaid. "Thank you, doctor." 

 

They immediately let each other's hands go and exited the room, not saying a word to each other. Their eyes didn't even dare look at one another despite their earlier stare.

 

"That didn't happen earlier," Baekho muttered to Minhyun quickly before running back to Ren who was wailing about it being his turn. Baekho broke into a grin as he went back to his usual boastful self, trying to assure Ren that everything would be fine as the other sulked and walked past them to get to the office. Minhyun sat down and Baekho sat down in the seat beside him.

 

Without warning, Baekho held Minhyun's hand. 

 

"Thanks..."

 

Minhyun smiled and nodded, squeezing his hand in response.

 

Maybe taking a vaccine wasn't so bad after all.