Just You And Me [Baekmin]

Undecided

Power Au 

 

###

 

Summary

 

The world is against you and me but together, we can fight it.

 

That was what Baekho had told Minhyun.

 

But Minhyun wasn't so sure about it.

 

So Baekho just has to prove it.

 

###

 

1

 

At the age of 9, both males has been stripped away from their loving homes and into a cold isolated facility. Having been diagnosed with psychic powers and claimed as a danger to society, both children now stuck in a facility where they no longer see the light of the day or the dark of the night. 

 

Minhyun was always alone. Sitting in the room with white walls and only a single bed with a toilet attachment in the other corner. He wasn't allowed to mingle with the other children. He wasn't allowed to speak to anyone except the scientists, doctors and a few other exceptions. But that didn't mean he didn't see the other children. Every time they walked him to the procedure room, they would walk pass the playroom and that's when he will always see him.

 

Baekho.

 

Baekho was the complete opposite of Minhyun. He stood tall and proud amongst the children. He made friends and played with everyone as if they were all his family. His smiles were bright and infectious. He was allowed to speak to anyone except Minhyun.

 

And he didn't understand why.

 

Fast forward to a decade later, both boys now young adults at the age of 19 still locked away in the facility. Baekho had become the most liked person in the facility. Everyone got along with him and he helped the younger ones settle in as well. His powers never really grew much although his body size did. He was more on the muscular side while Minhyun was slim and tall.

 

Minhyun didn't know what jealousy was like but every time he saw Baekho grinning widely in the middle of all the children and teenagers surrounding him, he would feel the same dull stab in his chest. He wanted to be there with them. He wanted to stand among them. Smile with them. Laugh. Cry. But he couldn't.

 

"Hey."

 

Minhyun looked up at the white wall that he looks at everyday without fail ever since he had been placed in the room. A knock sounded and he flinched.

 

This was new. Different. The first time.

 

"Over here."

 

He could feel someone else's presence and he got up from his bed, slowly moving in the direction of the presence. He knelt down beside the wall and suddenly, the metal plate shifted. A thin glass now stood in his way of coming into contact with the one person who he had seen for years but never made contact before. Until now.

 

They weren't the first two to be there but they were the only two that had remained the longest. For as long as Minhyun could remember, Baekho had been the only person he would see without fail everyday. The others? They either disappear or end their own lives. But not the both of them. They held on.

 

But Minhyun knew things were changing.

 

"Finally. I've been trying for years to get here," Baekho said as Minhyun stared at the male sitting on the other side of the glass.

 

"..." Should he speak? His tongue found itself unable to move and his throat dry. He blinked again and again, making sure he wasn't dreaming.

 

"Oops. I must have scared you. Uh... Let's see. I'm Baekho. Nice to meet you. I've seen you around for years but you never came into the playroom once so I thought I'll come to you this time."

 

Minhyun gulped and looked around. He could tell the other was in a camera's blind spot so they were safe for now. For now. He parted his lips, wondering if he should actually talk to the other. He hadn't had a proper conversation with someone his age for a long time. Growing up he had only been surrounded by adults. "... Hi."

 

Baekho beamed brightly and waved as well. "Finally you said something. What's your name?"

 

"Minhyun."

 

"It's great to finally have a name to go with your face. Oh god. You have no idea how many times I've asked them for your name at least but they would never give it to me."

 

Minhyun was probably just as curious about Baekho like the other was curious about him but he didn't know how to show it or what to ask or how to hold a conversation. Thankfully he didn't have to because Baekho just kept talking and talking about random things. About how the playroom was like, how the new kids were like and just things Minhyun had never got to experience before. It was weirdly liberating and Minhyun didn't feel so caged as he listened to the other speak. His hands found their way to the glass. He could break it so easily. Just one push from his mind and he could shatter the only thing standing between him and Baekho. 

 

"Oh. My time is up. I need to go now. Um... See you tomorrow?" Baekho said with a sheepish smile. Minhyun nodded, unable to say anything as he watched Baekho put the metal plate back in place. Then it was just him and the white room all over again. 

 

Until tomorrow.