You, Me, Us

Undecided

Switch bodies au

 

~~~

 

When Minhyun wakes up in a body that isn't his own, he realises that someone's life would end up in danger just from being in his life instead if they had woke up in his body. 

 

#

 

1

 

I am a master of disguise or rather, I was good at pretending to be people who I wasn't. Acting a role, putting on a face or a front. It was as easy as clicking a button. One click and I was someone else. Another and I was back to myself again.

 

Of course, this would only work if people didn't know me. So when I woke up to an unknown surrounding, the ceiling fan rotating above me slowly, I was startled. I sat up and realised everything around me was unfamiliar. I blinked and looked at the clothes scattered on the floor, the bed with a tattered blanket, drawers and desks with items I did not recognise. I scrambled up and realised I was.... Different. My body felt different. Big. I was slightly buffer than I was typically and also shorter. I noticed a mirror and approached it carefully before gasping in shock as the face looking back at me wasn't mine. I gulped and took a step back before taking a deep breath in.

 

Something must've had happened to me in my last mission but what? I couldn't remember and neither could I tell what had just happened. All I know was that I was not in my own body anymore and was in someone who was more athletic than me. I looked at the mess on the floor and scowled. Definitely someone messier than me too. I started to pick up the clothes and the door creaked open. My hand reached behind me as I looked up and a stranger poked his head in.

 

"Hyung, are y- wait. What are you doing?" the young male asked in a bewildered tone as I studied his expression. Now I was a master of disguise but that didn't mean I knew what role to take on now. I didn't know the person whose body I now inhabited so I didn't know which mask to put up. I smiled. That was the most natural response, right? Yet the male gave me a confused irked response instead. 

 

"Morning," I continued. 

 

"Okay, hyung. You're acting all weird. Hurry up or we are going to be late."

 

The male shut the door and I stood there, stunned. Late? I am never late. I grabbed the uniform that was the only thing hung up neatly and hurriedly washed up. I didn't bother about the fact that I was in someone else's body now but I still need to be clean. I wore the uniform and hurried down the steps.

 

"Wow. I didn't think I have ever seen you down here in time for breakfast before," the same male said jokingly. I blinked and realised that the person's body I was in seemed to be everything I was probably not. "Hyung, are you sick? You're even wearing your necktie and buttoning all the way up."

 

I blinked and sat down beside him. A lady walked out from the kitchen and served us a meal. I stared at it before looking at the woman who suddenly leaned over to press her cheek over mine before doing the same with the other.

 

"Morning, you two."

 

"Mom, something is wrong with hyung today."

 

"Oh, Junho. Stop picking a fight with your brother."

 

I looked at the meal and started to eat quietly. The lady walked out and sat down with a meal of her own. I glanced at her and nodded slightly.

 

"Thank you for the food," I said and the male beside me was shocked again. The lady smacked the male lightly and he pouted.

 

"See? I told you he's acting weird."

 

"Don't badmouth your brother. He's just feeling under the weather today, aren't you, Dongho?"

 

I blinked.

 

Dongho.

 

That was the name of the person's body I was inside.

 

"Yes. A little."

 

"Well, just eat up and-"

 

I flinched when I felt something in my pocket vibrated. I pulled it out to find a phone. Just what I needed and on it was an unknown number but I could tell who it was. I excused myself and picked it up.

 

"Hello?" I said calmly and heard snivelling.

 

"H-hello? W-who is this? Please... I don't know what's going on...," my voice whimpered back at me. Well, that was a natural response if one were to wake in a different place in a completely different body bit it felt odd to hear myself cry.

 

"Dongho sshi?"

 

"Hah! Yes, that's me! Please, you have my phone. Whoever you are. Please. What did I do to deserve this?"

 

"Calm down, Dongho sshi. I do not know what is going on either but I need your help to bring my body to me too."

 

"W-what?! You don't know?"

 

"Hyung, is something wrong?" the male named Junho asked and I shook my head, offering a small smile again that seemed to get an irked reaction again. I blinked, confused but decided to take the conversation to the bedroom.

 

"No, I don't know either. All I know is we switched bodies. I need you to bring my body to me so that I can try to understand what's going on too."

 

"Hah... You're not tricking me, are you?"

 

"No. Look. There should be a bag in the living room. Inside should be your school uniform."

 

"What?! How do you know that?"

 

I looked into the mirror and sighed. Because my next mission was to take place in your school but I didn't say that.

 

"Just do as I say and maybe we can fix things."

 

"O-okay."

 

I gave him a set of detailed instructions to follow so we could meet up at the school. Hopefully without a hitch.

 

"Do you understand everything I told you?"

 

"Yes..."

 

"Good. Now go. I'll meet you at your school."

 

I ended the call and opened the door, flinching when I saw Junho standing outside the door.

 

"Wow. Who are you meeting at school?" he asked teasingly and I tried frowning this time.

 

"None of your business," I retorted and he chuckled to my surprise.

 

"Ooh. Now that's the brother I know. Come on. Let's go to school."

 

I blinked and guessed that was this person's usual response. I followed him out and stood by the gate while he went to the side. He showed up with two bicycles and a confused look again.

 

"Okay and you're back to being weird. Come on. Take your bike."

 

I nodded and grabbed what I felt would be Dongho's bicycle. At least, I knew how to cycle. We got up our respective bicycles and started heading to school. I allowed him to lead since I didn't want to make an embarrassment out of myself for suddenly forgetting the way. I breathed in the cool air and for once in a long time, I didn't feel like a target was on my back. Some unwarranted things came with being a master of disguise after all.

 

"Oi."

 

We braked when a gang of males suddenly showed up and blocked the path. Junho immediately seemed afraid and scooted back slightly. I blinked and he turned to me with a sheepish look.

 

"Junho, oh, Junho. Hey, you, brother. Why don't you cycle out of here?" the male with the blonde hair said. Junho gulped and looked uncomfortable. I blinked again.

 

"H-hyung, I'll be fine. Why don't you go on ahead?"

 

I stared at the five males surrounding my supposed brother and kicked the stand down instead. Junho gasped as I got down the bicycle.

 

"Hyung!"

 

"Oh? You're not leaving today?"

 

I frowned and rubbed my neck before stretching it. The male came near me and I breathed in sharply.

 

"I told you to leave us alo-gah!" The male said before being cut off by a straight punch across his face. He fell down and I let out a whistle. This body is strong physically.

 

"Hyung!"

 

The rest charged up to me and I took a fighting stance. I dodged their fists and threw one across my shoulder easily without much effort before kneeing another in the stomach and punching another down. Junho was stunned as they all dropped one by one as their attacks were barely even coordinated enough to hit me. I cracked my fists and stretched my fingers. This body had a strength that mine had lacked.

 

"Amazing," I whispered before turning my attention to the main leader. I walked over to him and lifted him up with ease. He yelped and covered his face. "You come after my brother again and I won't show you any mercy."

 

"Yes! I understand!" he yelped and I let him go before climbing onto the bicycle again.

 

"Shall we?" I asked Junho who gaped at me before nodding and hurriedly cycling off.

 

"What was that, hyung?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"You're... You're really different today... Usually you just cycle off without question but.. Well, you were so cool earlier..."

 

"Huh..." I wondered what kind of brother was I to leave my brother in danger by himself. Maybe not a great one.

 

"STOP!"

 

A voice suddenly yelled in front of me and I couldn't brake in time as I went crashing into the person who jumped out of nowhere. I fell off the bike and tumbled before bumping the other who had fallen as well. I looked up and gasped as I faced myself.

 

"Hyung, are you alright?!" Junho's worried voice asked as he pulled me up. The horror in my own face showed clearly as he looked between us.

 

"Hyung?!" the one in my body blurted out as he pointed at me. "Junho!" He got up and winced.

 

"Um... Sorry. Do I know you?"

 

"You don't know me? I'm Dongho. I'm your hyung, not this... This... Imposter!"

 

I blinked and looked at Junho who was just confused as he met my eyes.

 

"What a weirdo."

 

"Did you just call your own brother weirdo?! Yah! Where are your manners?" I watched myself snap which was a rather rare thing to do even for myself.

 

"Huh? Wait. What's going on?" Junho asked bewilderedly. 

 

"I'm your hyung. This guy is someone else.... He's probably this body I'm in's person."

 

Junho looked at me and blinked. I smiled and he flinched.

 

"You're joking."

 

"No way in hell!"

 

I sighed and patted my uniform, adjusting it. "Your brother is right, Junho sshi. Pleased to be of acquaintance. I'm Minhyun."

 

Junho's eyes widened as he stared at me. "No, no, no, no. Wait. That means... Just now... When you beat up those guys..."

 

"You beat people up in MY body?!"

 

"Well, they would have tried to extort your brother again or beat him up. Whatever it is they do."

 

"Wait, what?!"

 

I guess this Dongho person was rather loud too but to hear my own voice raise in such octaves were a surprise too.

 

"Ah... So! So... You are my hyung and you... You are... This Minhyun?"

 

I nodded and Junho looked as if a headache had struck him.

 

"H-how?"

 

"That's what I want to know too!"

 

"Hmm... It just happened this morning," I said. "So it's not surprising that you didn't immediately think that I was not your brother."

 

"Well I did think you were weird as crazy today.... But to think, something like this happened... I can't believe it."

 

"Neither can I."

 

I hummed and nodded in agreement to their words. "Which is why we would probably require your help to get back into our own bodies, Junho sshi."

 

"My help?"

 

"Yes. Your help to convince your mother to let your hyung stay in your home."

 

"E-eh??"

 

"It'll be easier for us to monitor each other and to make sure we do not completely ruin each other's lives if we could ever go back to before."

 

"You mean I could be stuck in your body forever?!" Dongho yelled and I shrugged.

 

"I do not know but there is a possibility."

 

"No way! No thanks!"

 

"But hyung... This person is kind of handsome. Maybe you can actually get with that girl you like with his body."

 

"Wah! You're already teasing me?!"