IYBF! [Twitter AU] {1}

Undecided

NOnonoNoNoooNO

 

I must be mad!

 

Minhyun stood in front of the gym, clutching his phone tightly as he was early... A whole hour early. He had been way too excited and literally somehow came here way too early! He even dressed up in clothings that weren't appropriate for gym and he definitely regretted it now.

 

Or not.

 

"Oh. You're here."

 

His eyes bulged when he saw Baekho with a black cap and... And... Oh, his arms. Minhyun could SEE his arms. He was wearing a singlet and gym pants, smiling brightly at him. Minhyun immediately stopped breathing and almost dropped his phone and bag. Baekho tilted his head.

 

"Minhyun?"

 

"Ah. Aaahhhhh. Ah," he muttered before shutting his mouth again and averting his gaze. His mind was already blank and they hadn't even started. Baekho chuckled and patted his arm.

 

"Come on. What are you standing around for?" He said casually and Minhyun swore if he had practiced his calming ritual (yes he practiced), he would practically be mush right now. If he wasn't already one.

 

"Y-you are early," Minhyun managed to say after almost biting his tongue.

 

"Yeah. I thought I would get warmed up first but seems like you're here early too." Baekho put his bag aside and greeted some fellow gym friends before turning to Minhyun, eyeing his outfit. "You're not going to wear that to exercise, are you?"

 

"O-of course not!" Minhyun squeaked and squeezed his phone. No, he was not calm at all. The calming ritual is just a hoax and he can't possibly master it like an anime character in a matter of days!

 

"Okay. I'll wait for you then."

 

"Eh?"

 

"You're... Going to change, right? There's a changing room over there."

 

"Uh... Um..." Crap. He hadn't brought any spare clothes since he literally rushed all the way here and now he felt like a complete idiot again. First he met Baekho on his birthday and went out with him in utterly casual clothes and now he was in the gym with him in utterly over the top clothes. Idiot, idiot, idiot!! Baekho blinked and chuckled.

 

"Something wrong?"

 

"Ah... Um... I... Made a mistake," Minhyun confessed and Baekho nodded. "I didn't... Bring... Spare."

 

"Ah... That's okay. I have. You can lend mine for now."

 

"EH?!" Baekho ped his bag and handed Minhyun a black shirt and long sweatpants.

 

"I was going to change after gym but since you don't have any, you can wear my clothes first. There's no way you can exercise in a coat and button up."

 

Minhyun became flustered as he squeezed the clothes in his hands before rushing off to the changing room. He tried to keep his squealing inside as he hurriedly changed out. Oh he was already such a mess.

 

"Oh god. Breathe, Minhyun. You're not going to survive this if you don't breathe." Minhyun stared at the shirt on him and shook his head. "Nope. Don't even think about it."

 

He grabbed his phone and exited the changing room. He started to look around for Baekho and paused when he saw the other doing pull ups. Minhyun covered his face and breathed in deeply. He can do this. He can-

 

"Ah. You're out."

 

Can't do this.

 

"Yes!" he said in a shrill tone. Curse himself.

 

"What are you being so nervous for? Come on. Let's start your training."

 

"T-training?"

 

"Yeah. Why else did you think I invited you? I'm going to build your stamina so that you'll last longer on the stage. It's important for us singers slash performers slash idols to have good stamina," Baekho said and Minhyun gulped. He nodded and tried to keep his eyes on Baekho's brown eyes. Wait, no. That is still distracting. His lips maybe? Worse. That's horrible to even think that he could stare at his lips. So... Body was out. Definitely. No way. "Earth to Minhyun. Are you listening?"

 

"Eh? Ah. Sorry. I think I blanked out."

 

Baekho chuckled and shook his head. "It's alright. Come on. Let's start with some simple stuff."

 

"Ah..."

 

"I'll demonstrate and then we can do it together, okay?"

 

Minhyun just nodded and watched as Baekho warmed up. He just followed along like a zombie, clearing his head of all thoughts. Forcing himself not to think about anything but exercise. Exercise. Exer-abs. He blinked.

 

"It sure is warm today," Baekho said while lifting his shirt and wiping his sweat. Minhyun flickered his eyelids and felt light headed. Or maybe. He quickly reached for his nose. No blood. Okay. Still safe. "How are you holding up?"

 

Minhyun didn't even realise he was wet with sweat after all the sit ups and push ups. He didn't even feel anything except... Oh. His arms. His thighs. "I'm okay."

 

"Oh... You have better stamina than I thought. Then want to try lifting some weights?"

 

"Anything you want, I'll try."

 

Baekho chuckled and nodded. Minhyun took a seat while Baekho brought over some weights for him to try lifting. "We will start light and go heavier. Don't push yourself if you can't."

 

"Yes."

 

"Heh. You're like a robot now."

 

"H-hmm?"

 

"Nothing. Come on." Minhyun lifted the weight. It was easy at first but then Baekho slowly added more until his arm started to falter. Baekho hummed and approached him, touching his hand gently and helping him move up. Minhyun's heart went a thousand hundred miles per hour and his head exploded but he had no idea how he managed to stay cool and collected. He was dying inside. Ah. He wanted to drop the weights already but Baekho's hands was touching him. Oh lord. Why did he think it was okay to agree to this? He was so going to pass out. "Minhyun?"

 

"Eh?" Minhyun raised his head, a little confused as if time had skipped itself forward and he was now seated beside Baekho drinking water.

 

"You've been blanking out ever since you dropped the weight. Are you sure you're alright?"

 

"Ah... I out?"

 

"No. You blanked out. I kept calling you but you didn't answer me until now. You just kept drinking water and ignoring me."

 

"Ah... I'm sorry. I..." Minhyun scratched his neck and noticed a towel around his neck. "When..."

 

"You were sweating a lot so I put it on you."

 

"O-oh. Thanks."

 

Baekho shook his head and smiled. "You did well today. I thought you would be dying halfway but you managed to do quite a lot."

 

Minhyun blushed and cleared his throat, sipping the water again. "T-thanks." Baekho was praising him? Where was he? Heaven?

 

"So... Did you enjoy it?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Exercising."

 

"Ah... I... Well..." Did he? He pursed his lips. He could barely even remember what happened if he was to be honest. It felt like his body went on autopilot at some point to prevent himself from passing out. "I enjoyed spending time... With you."

 

"Ah... Me too."

 

Minhyun raised his brows in surprise. Baekho flashed him a smile and Minhyun breathed in deeply. "B-Baekho... A-about the message that day."

 

"Ah. Its nothing, right? You were just drunk, right?"

 

"Eh? How did you know?"

 

"I'm just guessing. There's no way the shy Minhyun could suddenly text me something like this or something like that, I guess?"

 

"Oh... A-anyways, I... I really admire you! As... As a fan. Yeah..."

 

"I know."

 

"You do?!"

 

"Mmm. I do. After all, you're always looking at me."

 

"I do?!"

 

"Yeah. You didn't notice?"

 

"I-I mean... Y-you noticed?"

 

"Why wouldn't I? A fan looks at the person they like a lot, won't they?"

 

"Yeah... Yeah. They do." Minhyun nodded and pursed his lips, unsure why he felt disheartened even though he should be glad that Baekho didn't take his drunk talking to heart. "I guess... I should leave now."

 

"Okay. If you think you've done enough for today."

 

"Y-yeah. I'll wash your clothes and give it back to you."

 

"Sure."

 

Minhyun stood up and so did Baekho but the sudden blood rush made Minhyun unstable and he tripped. Baekho gasped and caught him by the waist, pulling him up. Minhyun spun around and moved forward too quickly as...

 

Give me a break.