Rain & Shine [Baekmin]

Undecided

Gloomy Minhyun 
"The rain is here again."

Bright Baekho xD       

Bright Baekho xD
"The sun is so bright!"

Bright Baekho xD       

###

Summary

It always rains wherever Minhyun is. It follows him whether its a storm or a drizzle. Being constantly surrounded by rain had made him a gloomy person but what if he meets someone who shines bright like the sun?

Because wherever Baekho goes, the sun follows.

###

1

"That's the last of the boxes," the tall male said to himself as he put away the last of the boxes together with the rest of the folded cardboards. He sighed and sat down on his chair that was by the window. He had just shifted into a dorm for university since it was far from his hometown. He didn't mind. At least he won't have to deal with anyone else for now. He stared as the rain gently pitter-pattered against the window. Again, it had followed him all the way here. He wondered if the sky had a raincloud specifically just for him. Minhyun was born on a stormy day and somehow that had made his days filled with rain. No matter how big or small. Sure there were some sunny days but even then, there would be sun rain.

"Gloomy," he mumbled to himself as he traced a raindrop sliding down the window. He decided that just murking around wasn't going to help so he decided to get up and start cleaning the dorm again even if that was all he had been doing ever since he stepped into the room he was going to spend the next 4 years in. He knew that someone else could be coming in any time now since there was another bed in the dorm room and there was also another nameplate at the front door.

His days after the shift was the same. Same gloomy rain. Same gloomy expressions. He had tried to change his image before and even that didn't help much. Sure, he already had good looks but because of how much coldness he always felt, he had somehow become someone cold and distant. He was tucked away in the corner of his class with an oversized hoodie and his bangs covering his eyes ever so slightly, just enough so he could still see. He listened to the lectures intently and wrote notes down. Nobody really tried to approach him and he rather keep it that way as well. He had friends who left him before because they couldn't stand how the rain seemed to persist whenever they were around him. Even he wanted to run away from it but there was just no way. Because believe him when he said he had tried. He ended up being drenched down to the bone instead and caught a cold after that.

He heard laughter coming from a different corner of the class he was in and peeked over. There were a couple of friends just chatting and laughing together and Minhyun couldn't help the desolate feeling in his chest. He quickly got up and left the class instead. He didn't have anymore classes after this so he decided to head back to the dorm instead. It was just a 5 minutes walk away from the campus and thankfully there was a walkway there so he didn't need to get wet from the rain. Although he did bring an umbrella with him wherever he goes. He headed up to his floor which was the 4th floor and headed to his dorm room. He stopped when he noticed his door wide open and there were boxes, bags and some other junk laying about. He blinked a couple of times, registering the mess right outside the door before guessing that his dorm mate had arrived and by the looks of it, his wish for a clean dorm mate wasn't happening. He hoped his new dorm mate wouldn't get fed up with all the rainy days that was coming too. He walked up to the door and looked inside.

He was stunned. The window had bright rays of sunlight shining in through the glass panels and in the middle of the room where the light struck was his new dorm mate whose back was facing him. The light reflected off his black wavy hair in a gentle manner and beautifully outlining the chiseled back no matter how he moved. Minhyun couldn't speak momentarily, just taking in the view but the keys in his hand that he had placed against the door made a scraping noise as he lost his balance a little when he tripped over a random baseball that was on the floor. His dorm mate heard the noise and turned around. Minhyun unintentionally let out a gasp as he looked up. His eyes widened at the sight before him.

"Hello!" A bright smile crept up his dorm mate's lips, showing a gummy grin which made Minhyun feel like all those rainy days he had endured led up to this moment right now. "I'm Baekho. You must be Hwang!" The male put down whatever was in his hands, patted his pants and grabbed Minhyun's hand to shake vigorously. Minhyun had never felt such energy in someone's shake before and he was still stunned. The way the male's face seemed to light up. His crescent eyes when he smiled. The little crinkles beside them. His rosy cheeks. Minhyun gasped again and quickly pulled his hand away to his dorm mate's confusion.

"Uh... Hi. Yeah, I'm... Hwang." Minhyun finally found his voice again but it came out awkward and nervous. After all, the only people he had talked to ever since moving in were his lecturers and the security guard for the dormitory. Not someone of his age or even close.

"Nice to meet you."

"N-nice to meet you too?"

Baekho stared at Minhyun who glanced away awkwardly, unused to being looked at so straightforwardly. "Sorry. I must be making you nervous. I'll uh... Put my stuff away and then we could maybe hang out?"

"Hang out?"

"Yeah. You know, be friends and stuff. Since I'll be here for the next 4 years."

"Oh... Oh. Yeah... Yeah. Uh... Do you need help?"

Baekho's eyes twinkled from the offer and he nodded. "I will appreciate that a whole lot!"

"Okay. Just let me put my stuff down first."

"Thank you so much!"

###

AN : I'm so happy that the boys are finally getting more recognition QAQ they won awards at the AAA fest and I'm js Hshshshs gahhhh so happy for them <3333