55 Hours {Baekmin}

Undecided

A/N : inspired by Zev's 55 hour shift. I know zilch about doctors and their shifts so... Pls don't be too harsh on me if this is like super inaccurate, it was a spur of a moment writing but anyways hope u enjoy it~

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f726f31644f74682d5f67434337673d3d2d3834373334303335312e313566616435376232643034313234343238363434303739323135312e6a7067     

###

One shot 
Doctor au

###

If there were a few types of people that Minhyun disliked to date, they were doctors, policeman, firefighters and a couple more        

If there were a few types of people that Minhyun disliked to date, they were doctors, policeman, firefighters and a couple more. Not that he didn't appreciate their efforts or the good they do for the world but he hated it because they wouldn't have time for him. Their time was dedicated for the better of the world or the good of people. Something Minhyun find troubling because he wanted the attention. But then he met Baekho, a fellow colleague at the hospital he worked at and they clicked. They really did and they tried.

But Baekho was a doctor too and their next shift was 55 hours        

But Baekho was a doctor too and their next shift was 55 hours.

55 hours until they can finally go home and have a long rest. That shouldn't be too tough for either of them since they should be used to it.

But here's the first problem.

It was their first full month anniversary but neither of them could celebrate it.

Second problem.

Minhyun hadn't had enough sleep following up from his last shift and coffee wasn't cutting out for him.

Third problem.

Baekho had forgotten about their anniversary.

So what did that mean?

55 hours of utter chaos perhaps.

When does your lunch break start?
Minhyunnie [8.03am]

I don't think I'll have a break today. I've already got my whole schedule full today. A surgery at 7pm too.
Baekbabe [8.04am]

But you still have to eat! How are you going to work without food? Nutrients. You're a doctor for goodness sake.
Minhyunnie [8.04am]

Sorry. Gotta go. First patient is here.
Baekbabe [8.05am]

Minhyun pouted and that... That was never a good sign unless he was doing it to act cute but he wasn't acting cute right now. He was a little annoyed. Annoyed from the already apparent lack of sleep he had to go through from his last 36 hour shift and 4 hours sleep. He downed the bitter waking drug but it wasn't working. Not when Minhyun had already downed so much that his body had gotten too used to it. His hand picked up the calender that sat at the edge of his table, squinting a little to see what he had today. He froze when he saw a little heart shape drawn on the date.

Oh no.

Not today.

He snatched his phone up but a knock on his door made him stop.

"Doc? Your first patient is here."

"Frick," He blurted out quietly before taking a deep breath and nodding. "Bring them in."

"Okay."

Minhyun slid on his face mask and thanked his nurse aka Aron for the patient file.

Here he goes.

53 hours left.

He was worn out and already beyond exhausted. It had only been 2 hours since he started to take in patients but he was already drained. More bitter drink went down his gullet but did it help? No. Not enough bitter perhaps, he thought to himself as he pushed himself up and brought his cup out. He needed a little break before the next flow of patients.

Are you free now? There's something I want to tell you.
Minhyunnie [10.20am]

The doctor refilled his cup as he waited impatiently for his boyfriend to reply. He could just make a quick stop over to his office which was just two floors above his.

"Doc! There you are. We need your immediate attention!" Aron squeaked, panting as if he had ran all the way there. Minhyun groaned and pocketed his phone, rushing with Aron back to his office. There was a patient crying on the seat with a broken arm. Minhyun steeled himself for this as he put his cup down and went back to work mode.

50 hours left.

Hungry. Minhyun bit his lower lip as his stomach grumbled but he couldn't complain or say anything since he was in front of another patient. The young daughter of his patient stared at him as he checked the mother. He glanced over and gave her a small smile that was mostly covered by the face mask. The little girl smiled back though.

"Thank you, doctor," the lady said once he was done with the checkup.

"No problem. Just make sure to finish your antibiotics and...and follow the rest as prescribed," Minhyun blurted out. His brain was malfunctioning with the lack of food and sleep needed to keep himself awake.

"I will. Come on, SooJin," the mother said as she stood up. The daughter nodded and stood up but she dug into her pocket and took out a sweet.

"Mister, for you," she said to Minhyun's surprise but he smiled and took it.

"Thank you, miss." He waved to her and they left. Minhyun sighed, finally able to take a short break. He stretched his body and checked his phone. Still no reply? Gosh, his boyfriend was busier than him. He looked at the calender again. He couldn't believe he had managed to date the other for a whole month now and yet look at them. Separated by two floors on their first month anniversary. Minhyun puffed his cheeks in disbelief. He decided he was going to go for his lunch break either ways and check up on his boyfriend despite not wanting to look needy. He informed Aron and hurried off to the cafeteria to grab himself something to eat before he passed out himself. With two lunchboxes in his hands, he went up the floors to his boyfriend's level. Baekho better remember their anniversary or Minhyun was certain he might flip in his office (only because he didn't have enough sleep and demanded attention). Once he arrived, he asked Baekho's assigned nurse if he was in. The nurse nodded and informed him that he should almost be done with his final patient before going for lunch so Minhyun sat outside and waited.

50 hours and 30 minutes left.

The door finally opened after half an hour. The patient bading Baekho goodbye with a cast around their hand. Baekho waved and smiled wearily before he took notice of the sleeping doctor on the waiting seats.

"Ah... How long has he been there?" Baekho asked his nurse.

"Half an hour roughly."

"Okay. I'm going for my lunch break now. You should eat too."

"Yes, doctor." Baekho approached Minhyun and squatted down, noticing the meals in his hands and smiled. He poked Minhyun's cheek and the other's eyes parted slowly, focusing on the person in front of him before opening wider.

"Baekho."

"Hey. What are you doing?" Baekho chuckled and sat beside him as he slowly wake up again. He yawned and rubbed his neck, stretching it a little.

"I was waiting for you," He mumbled while tiredly moving one of the lunchboxes over to his lap.

"Thank you. Do you want to go inside and eat instead?" Baekho suggested the waiting room. Minhyun nodded and with Baekho's help, managed to make it there without tripping on his own tired feet. "You look so dead."

"Hnn... I haven't had a proper sleep yet since my last shift," He replied and Baekho chuckled.

"Then you've got no right to be scolding me about not eating when you barely even sleep," Baekho said jokingly but Minhyun was obviously not in the mood for jokes now. He frowned and popped the lid off the lunchbox open. Baekho noticed and ruffled Minhyun's hair. Minhyun pouted and glanced at him.

"Do you even know what today is?"

"Hmm? Monday?" Baekho replied and Minhyun sighed. Why did he ever trust that the other would be bothered by dates? "Why? What day is it?"

"Never mind. I'm going now," Minhyun said and got up but Baekho held his hand.

"Let's have dinner before I help out with the surgery tonight," Baekho said and Minhyun sighed.

"Hospital food?"

Baekho chuckled. "Not that we have much of a choice."

Minhyun nodded and pulled his hand away from Baekho's while taking his half eaten lunchbox with him. He had no more appetite to eat after all. Baekho was worried about Minhyun but the other was a tad difficult to handle when he was low on sleep.

"I'll come to your level instead," Baekho said and smiled, hoping it would help with cheering him up even if it was just a little. Minhyun smiled tiredly and patted his shoulder before leaving. Just half a day more before he could take a nap break.

49 hours left.

He was dying. His eyes were shutting by themselves and his head drooped every so often. He shook himself awake, having eaten a bunch of sweets to keep his sugar levels up and also downing coffee like there's no tomorrow. He was also upset that Baekho had forgotten that it was their 1st month together, not that it was that important but to the tired man who just wanted some affection, it was important. He needed love. He craved love much like any regular person. Maybe just a kiss on the cheek or a hug. But Baekho was busy. He knew people were all frantic and scared about the virus infection too hence the hectic schedules but even doctors need rest. He leaned on his seat, about to fall asleep until a knock echoed and he had to force himself to stay awake.

"Doc, the next pa-"

Minhyun nodded and motioned him to let them come in tiredly as he slid his face mask up.

How many more hours before he could go home for a quick shower?

45 hours left.

It was 6pm. And his phone buzzed.

Min, I'm so sorry but surgery has been moved earlier. I'll be inside in 5. I'm really sorry. I'll make it up to u ltr. Love u 
Baekbabe [6.12pm]

Minhyun bit his lower lip. No! No, no, no! Ugh. He hated this. This is why he didn't date doctors! Sleep deprived and agitated, Minhyun put his phone aside and groaned into his hands. He knew it wasn't Baekho's fault but he just couldn't help it. He was busy too but he made time earlier to head up, didn't he? Still, he was distracted the moment his patient came in and back to work mode it is.

After the patient, he poked his head out to find his next nurse coming in.

"Jonghyun-ah, are you free to help me run to the cafeteria to get a cup of coffee?" He asked, trying to sound as polite as possible with a weary smile. Jonghyun flinched from the sight of the doctor.

"Wow, doc. You look like you're about to collapse at any moment now," the nurse said. Minhyun just smiled and wished he could have something else other than coffee to work with but nothing really worked anymore. "I'll go get you a coffee."

"Thank you. I'll be inside."

A couple of minutes and a tedious work of sorting documents later, Jonghyun came back with a cup of coffee and grapefruit juice. Minhyun raised a brow at the juice as it was placed down.

"Did you get me this too?" he asked with a light chuckle, wondering how the nurse knew his favourite drink.

"No. It's from Doctor Baekho."

"Eh? Isn't he in the surgery room now?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah. He had to grab something and he called out to me, asking me to get you this as an apology for being unable to have dinner with you. He sure is nice, huh."

Minhyun puffed his cheeks, trying to stop himself from grinning like a fool over something small. "Ugh. Thanks." The moment Jonghyun left his office, he broke into a small giggle and hugged the grapefruit juice. Yep, he felt silly alright but maybe it was okay to date Baekho even if he was a doctor. Maybe. Still, he hadn't fully forgiven him for forgetting their anniversary. Minhyun sighed and continued with his job, feeling a little more awake now.

41 hours left

"Jonghyun, I'm taking a short trip home now to take a shower and change. Call me if anything arises."

"Okay."

Minhyun packed up his bag and left his office. He paused as he entered the elevator to go down to the basement parking, staring at the level the surgery rooms were. Did Baekho bring extra clothes? Would he go home and clean up too? His thoughts became muddled with Baekho that he accidentally clicked the surgery room level. He gasped and spammed the basement level but it was too late as the elevator started heading upwards.

"Ugh..." He rubbed his temples, telling himself that this is all because he hadn't had enough sleep. The doors open and he expected no one to come in except someone did and that someone being an exhausted looking Baekho who hasn't even notice that Minhyun was inside. He just turned around and pressed the button to his office, yawning tiredly as he took off the surgery apron. Minhyun's eyes widened as they were now in the elevator together. He pursed his lips and looked around the empty space before slowly approaching his boyfriend and wrapping his arms around him. Baekho flinched and glanced back with widened eyes.

"M-Minhyun?!" He squeaked and Minhyun smiled.

"Hey."

"You scared me. How long have you been in here? Why didn't you say anything?"

"I've been here even before the door opened and you walked in. I was waiting for you to notice me but you look so tired," Minhyun said, feeling sorry for being upset at his hardworking boyfriend now. Baekho rubbed his eyes and smiled tiredly.

"Yeah... The surgery didn't go that well," Baekho said softly. Minhyun gasped.

"Are they..."

"She's alive but barely. We are just hoping she can push through now. I wish there was something more that we could have done," Baekho said, voice cracking slightly. Minhyun didn't like to see him like this. He hugged Baekho closer and Baekho embraced him tightly too, trying not to cry. He had been through this kind of situation countless times but it always hit hard.

"You did your best. Now it's up to her to recover," Minhyun said soothingly and patted his head. Baekho sniffled and nodded.

"Where were you going anyways?"

"Home to take a bath and come back. What about you? Are you gonna go take a short rest?"

"Maybe... I don't know," Baekho sighed. Minhyun kissed his forehead and rubbed his cheek.

"Why don't you follow me home then? You could take a bath there and I'll send you over too. You could take a nap in the car too."

Baekho sighed and nodded. "Alright. Thank you, Minhyun. I'll go grab my things."

40 hours left.

Minhyun sat on his couch, feeling refreshed after a good long shower and a change of clothes. He made himself something light to eat as well as a separate portion for Baekho who was showering now. It was a good thing they had the same clothes size too so it wasn't that troublesome for Baekho to fit in his work clothes too. He sat on his couch and sighed, feeling all the exhaustion trying to force him to sleep. His eyes unfortunately couldn't fight it anymore and he closed them. His body slumped onto the couch and he started snoring lightly. Baekho came out from the shower, taking notice of his sleeping boyfriend and smiled. He knew Minhyun was just as tired as he was. He wore the clothes Minhyun had laid out for him and walked over to him. Putting his phone ringtone at its loudest, he set it aside and got a blanket. He walked back to Minhyun and laid down beside him on the couch, covering them both with the blanket and hugged him from behind. Minhyun mumbled softly and sunk deeper into his hold just the way Baekho loved it. He fell asleep in a matter of seconds as well.

35 hours left.

Minhyun's phone rang and the tired doctor jumped from the first ring of his ringtone. He gasped and snatched it up before realising he had picked up the wrong phone. He set Baekho's phone aside and took his, picking it up simultaneously.

"Hello?" he said in a tired voice.

"Ah, doc. Sorry to disturb you if you had fallen asleep. It's just that there's a patient right now so..."

"I'll be right there," Minhyun replied and cut the call. He looked down and finally took notice of the arms curled around his waist. He spun around and smiled. He gave Baekho a light shake even though he wanted the other to sleep more. "Baekho, I need to go back to the hospital."

"Hnng... Mmm... Okay," his groggy boyfriend mumbled as he sat up like a zombie and yawned, stretching his body. Minhyun kissed his cheek and helped him up to his feet. The two of them rushed back to the hospital and went their own ways immediately after a quick kiss on the lips and good luck with work.

32 hours left

The 5 hour sleep helped more than Minhyun expected as he was able to run for 3 hours without a new cup of coffee. He sat in his office and even started to hum softly, slowly regaining back his sanity. He sipped the grapefruit juice and scribbled on a scrap paper. The door opened to his surprise and Baekho poked his head in with a smile. Minhyun beamed at the sight of his boyfriend and got up from his seat.

"To whom do I owe this visit to?" he giggled as he hugged his boyfriend.

"Minki. My nurse. He said that I can take a little break since my hectic schedule only continues at 8 tomorrow."

Minhyun grinned and kissed Baekho, relishing in the feeling of having his boyfriend in his arms. Baekho missed Minhyun too even though they were just together moments ago.

"So we can take another nap together?" Minhyun asked since he still needed sleep. Baekho chuckled and nodded.

"Unless you want to... Take a little rooftop break with me."

Minhyun's eyes twinkled. As much as he wanted to sleep, spending some time with Baekho sounded lovely too. Especially when the other forgot about their anniversary which Minhyun just recalled to. He should be upset. He should be but he couldn't. Not when the surgery had chipped away another piece of his boyfriend's soul from its result. Not when they were both tired and in need of peace, not anger. Minhyun had thought about confronting Baekho about forgetting the anniversary but right now, he just needed the other.

They made their way up to the rooftop after informing Jonghyun as well. They sat down close to each other at the edge and held hands.

"So...I got this for you," Baekho said and took out a packet of gummy candies. Minhyun's eyes twinkled as he took the candy.

"Thank you," He said while grinning. Baekho nodded. Minhyun opened the packet and popped one in his mouth.

"I also got these."

Minhyun wondered if it was another candy when Baekho pulled out two ring shaped gummies. His eyes widened a little.

"Uhm.. I saw your calender back home and uh... I can't believe I didn't realise its been a month since you know...we started dating," Baekho said and Minhyun felt himself melting. Even in such a short span of time, Baekho had managed to erase all his earlier annoyance or disappointment. "I'm guessing you must be real upset at me for forgetting. I'm really sorry too for having to stand you up for dinner. I know this won't make it be-"

Minhyun cut his words off by kissing his lips. Baekho flinched but returned the kiss with a little smile behind it.

"I thought you wouldn't do anything even if you knew," Minhyun whispered and Baekho laughed a little.

"Well, it's not like I can plan something in such a short time. This is all I could come up with." He opened the packet and took out the gummy ring. He cleared his throat and held Minhyun's hand. "I know it's only been a month but I know it's an achievement for both of us. Being doctors and all that. We barely even have time to go on dates and we are faced with death almost everyday.... But... I still love you even if we don't get to spend much time together. Someday, this ring will hopefully be clad in diamond and metal." Baekho slid it onto Minhyun's ring finger and Minhyun beamed, not caring if it was probably going to make his finger sticky later. He kissed Baekho and took the other ring from him.

"Honestly, I almost rejected you when you confessed to me. I never liked dating someone with a profession that takes all their attention away from me. And today... I was..." Minhyun paused as he fiddled with the gummy ring. "I was afraid that it was time to call quits too. Seeing as to how busy we both are. And how much time your work took from you."

Baekho pursed his lips and held Minhyun's hand. "I'm sorry."

"No! Don't be. Don't be... We are doctors. We save human lives to the best of our abilities which also means... We appreciate each other's lives more. When you asked Jonghyun to give me the juice despite the rush and when I saw you shedding tears for the girl... I could see that you think about me just as much as you do for others even while working so... Um..."

They stared into each other's eyes and melted as they shared another kiss. Minhyun took out the ring and slid it onto Baekho's finger.

"I guess I just want to say thank you... For caring and loving me even amidst all these. I'm the one who should be sorry for doubting you even a moment," Minhyun said and placed a kiss on the gummy ring on Baekho's finger. Baekho blushed a little and smiled brightly, just the way Minhyun loved to see.

24 hours left

The following day had treated the couple better. They even managed to catch lunch together.

"Shift ends in just a day," Minhyun groaned as he slid down the chair slightly to rest his neck. He yawned and Baekho chuckled.

"Yeah. It does." Baekho stared at the gummy ring that Minhyun kept on his finger and then at his own. He smiled and reached over, holding Minhyun's hand. The unsuspecting doctor jumped a little and looked at their hands, grinning as he wrapped his fingers around Baekho's as well.

"Why don't you stay over after our shifts are over? We get to spend the rest of the day together. We can sleep in and just cuddle," Minhyun suggested.

"Sounds good," Baekho replied him. He was about to say something when someone rushed to their table.

"Doctor! Emergency. We need immediate backup at the surgery room. The patient from yesterday-"

There was no need for the nurse to complete their sentence as Baekho was up and moving. Minhyun got up as well.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" he asked worriedly.

"No, you should go back to your office, Minhyun. Just in case anyone needs your help too," Baekho replied as he rushed off. Minhyun slowed down to a stop and watched his boyfriend run off. He gazed down and breathed in. Baekho was doing all he could to help people. He should too. He headed back to his office just on time as the next patient arrived too.

15 hours left.

And not a word from Baekho. Minhyun was starting to get worried. How did the surgery go? Did it go well? Did the girl survive? Minhyun started to become antsy and got up. He opened his door to find Aron and Jonghyun talking to each other along with Minki. They paused briefly at the sight of the doctor.

"Doctor, is there something wrong?" Aron asked first since it was still his shift currently.

"Um..."

"Do you want to go for dinner now?" Aron continued asking since Minhyun didn't say anything else. The doctor looked at the time and gasped softly.

"Uh.. Yeah! I'm gonna go-" He zipped past the nurses hurriedly and went upstairs instead. He couldn't take his mind off Baekho and the patient. He didn't know which room they were in so he started wandering around the floor until he heard a familiar voice. He turned the corner and saw Baekho squatting down in front of a door, talking and smiling to someone. It was a little boy.

"-strong, okay? Your sister needs you," He said in the warm caring voice that Minhyun had fallen for. The boy nodded and rubbed his tears away. Minhyun approached them slowly and squatted down beside Baekho to his surprise. He gazed inside and saw the girl laying down on the bed with the respirator connected. He looked at the boy and smiled, taking out the gummy candy that Baekho had bought for him and handed it to the boy instead.

"When your sister wakes up, you can share this with her," Minhyun said gently and the boy nodded. Baekho patted his back and ushered him back inside before closing the door. The moment the boy was out of sight, Baekho clutched onto Minhyun tightly. That was not a good sign for the taller doctor.

"What do I do?" Baekho muttered and buried his face against Minhyun's chest. Minhyun patted his back.

"There's only so much that you can do," Minhyun replied painfully. Baekho sniffled and gritted his teeth.

"There has to be... Something more. She's all he has, Minhyun."

Minhyun pursed his lips. What could he say in such a situation? He knew they were doctors, not miracle workers. He hugged Baekho. That was all he could do. Remind him that they were only human after all. And sometimes humans aren't that lucky. He couldn't bring himself to say anything so he brought Baekho to the chairs and they sat down. He patted Baekho's head gently as the other sobbed.

"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't act like this. In the hospital too," Baekho started but Minhyun shook his head.

"It's fine. You're allowed to feel things even if we put on a brave smiling front in front of patients," Minhyun said and Baekho rubbed his tears away.

"You're right."

"Just don't be so hard on yourself," Minhyun said and kissed his cheek. "She will get through this. For her brother's sake."

Baekho nodded and tried not to cry anymore, breathing in deeply. "I'm tired."

Minhyun held his hand, realising that he was shaking. Minhyun wondered how dire the situation was but judging from Baekho's reactions, it must have been close to the end of the girl's lifespan. They could only pray she made it through or else they could only pray she would have an easier life the next round. "Maybe you should go home after all. You've done two surgeries today and yesterday."

"I can't... I still have patients to check on."

"I'll do it," Minhyun blurted out and Baekho raised his brows. Minhyun gulped and squeezed Baekho's hand. "I'll help you. So... Why don't you go home and rest?"

"But... But you'll be suffering then."

"It's okay, Baekho. I can handle it."

Baekho bit his lower lip. He was really tired but he didn't want to put extra stress onto Minhyun. "It's okay. I can't let you."

Minhyun pouted and got up. "I want you to go home and rest. If you don't-" Minhyun held the gummy ring. "I'm going to throw this."

Baekho's eyes widened. "Are you... Threatening me with a gummy ring?"

"Y-yes?" Minhyun knew he was acting childish but it seemed to work as Baekho gave in.

"Okay. I'll go home but don't overwork yourself too."

"I won't. I know how to care for myself." Famous last words, Hwang Minhyun. "Make sure you eat something before you sleep too. Take a shower."

Baekho nodded as they headed to his office together so Baekho could hand him the remaining files he had to check up on. "Thank you, Minhyun. I owe you one."

"Just make it up to me whenever you can." They exchanged a kiss and a hug before Baekho left.

Great.

Just a couple more hours left.

4 hours left.

4.

But Minhyun was on the verge of passing out. Too many hours of non-stop working had taken a toll on him. He hadn't slept a wink ever since the last 5 hours he had. He hadn't had a cup of coffee either since he was just forcing himself to run on sugar. His eyes were red and his breathing a little uneven. He could hide it in front of his patients but Minhyun knew he was about to break down if he went on any further. This was too much work for one person even with the help of his nurse. After all, Baekho's cases were more severe than those he had. He never knew that and now that he did, he only had a newfound respect for his boyfriend who always managed to put on a smile in front of his patients. Minhyun wondered how much pain did that body keep.

A knock on his door made him jolt a little as Aron peered in.

"Doc, your next patient is here."

Minhyun let his lids flutter before he nodded tiredly. Stay focus, Minhyun. Just a few more hours and you can go home. A man came in and Minhyun went straight to work, asking about his condition and how he is and the usual procedure.

Once he was done, the man thanked him and left. Minhyun smiled and waved a little. He breathed out and got up from his seat to take a fresh glass of water but that was the wrong move. His head was immediately hit with a wave of nausea and dizziness. His legs stumbled back and he tried to grab the table for support but missed. He hit his chair, falling back and hoping he would fall onto it but it slid away and he fell.

Onto the floor.

Tired and sprawled out.

His eyelids grew heavier and he...fainted.

??? Hours left

He opened his eyes and breathed in, smelling a familiar lavender scent. It smelt like his house but also something else. It smelt like Baekho. He blinked slowly before he realised there was a figure above him. His eyes focused on the male whose head had drooped downwards, propped against his arm. Baekho. He blinked and soon realised he was laying on his lap. He blinked again and realised he was at home, out of his work clothes and in his pyjamas.

Is he dreaming?

Was he so tired that he actually started to dream that he was home with Baekho?

He slowly sat up. The blanket on him crumpled and he blinked again. He placed his hands on his cheeks. Warm. This doesn't feel like a dream. He turned around and found Baekho smiling at him.

"Weren't you sleeping?" Minhyun asked and Baekho chuckled softly.

"How can I sleep when my boyfriend moves so much?"

Minhyun scoffed and laid down again. "I felt like something happened but I... I can't seem to remember what."

"Mhmm... You fainted. 3 hours before your shift ended."

Minhyun's eyes widened. "I... I did?"

"Yep. They called me and I came to collect you. Sleep deprived, fatigue. You sure you know how to take care of yourself?"

Minhyun stuck his tongue out at Baekho and sighed. "I thought I could handle it."

"Yeah but your body disagreed. Go back to sleep."

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Just 5 hours since you fainted."

"Ugh..."

"Unless you want to have dinner before you sleep again."

"Are you cooking? I refuse to eat if you're not," Minhyun said on purpose. He didn't mind not eating since he wasn't even hungry. Baekho laughed and flicked Minhyun's forehead lightly. "Ow."

"I'll cook for you. Just wait for a bit then."

Baekho got up and left Minhyun huddled on the couch. Minhyun smiled and watched Baekho disappear into his kitchen. Finally the hellish 55 hours were over. Although he knew there were more to come, for now, he was thankful he made it to 52 hours with only 5 hours of sleep in between. Being a doctor was difficult work and maybe... Just maybe, having someone that understood and share the same burden wasn't so bad for a change.

"Minhyun, do you want apple juice?"

"Yes please."

"Okay."

"Thank you."

And also someone who still cared even amidst all that.

Fin.