Clean Slate (Baekmin)

Undecided

Cleaner x hitman

 

###

 

The hitman's last cleaner fell to the ground with a heavy thump as a bullet pierced his skull. Having to seek out a new cleaner for himself, Baekho had asked his fellow hitman for recommendations and so was invited by a fellow hitman to a room where he first meets a new cleaner. 

 

###

 

Baekho could still remember the first time he saw him. The tall raven haired male. With the black mask over his mouth and black gloves. Black turtleneck and black pants. He was dressed in black from top to bottom. Even his pupils were black and his shoes too. He had thought the other was a hitman or maybe even someone the other guy had missed. He raised his gun, taking aim but just before he fired, the hitman who had called him here gasped and moved his hands upwards just as he pulled the trigger. The bullet hit the ceiling harmlessly but that made the male look up with a confused glint in his eyes as he dropped the body in his hands.

 

"Woah, calm down there, buddy."

 

"What do you mean calm down? You didn't call me here to finish this person off?"

 

"No, no. I called you here to introduce you to him since you were rambling about your previous cleaner being offed by the organisation for having slip up."

 

The male frowned and crossed his arms as he stared at the two hitmen. Baekho gulped and kept his gun before crossing his arms as well.

 

"Baekho, meet M. He's a freelance cleaner and I have to say, one of the best in his job too."

 

"Don't flatter me, Joshua. Your man just tried to kill me," the male named M hissed in a muffled voice but Baekho could hear from his tone that he wasn't going to be someone easy to deal with.

 

"Firstly, Baekho here isn't my man. He's a hitman just like me too. Secondly, I'm not flattering you since you've already cleaned up several scenes for me so I know your capabilities."

 

"Thirdly, I told you before not to simply introduce me to people."

 

"Yes but Baekho here is in need of a cleaner. A good one..."

 

Baekho squinted at Joshua as he knew why the other had to put it that way. He wasn't the cleanest or most low profile killer despite having a strong streak of successful missions. His previous cleaners had either quit or get themselves killed by the organization or by others.

 

"M is also low profile unlike the rest and he appreciates to keep his private life and personal life separate so... Only call him when absolutely necessary."

 

"I haven't agreed to work with him yet," M snapped and Baekho scowled.

 

"Yeah. There's no way I can work with this guy either."

 

Joshua just smiled and patted Baekho on the chest as he placed a paper on it.

 

"You'll get used to it."

 

Baekho took a look at the paper with a number scribbled on it before directing his gaze back to the male who had continued to clean up the bodies. Guess it was worth a shot and this was Baekho's chance to gauge just how good the other was too. 

 

20 minutes. 

 

That was all it took for every evidence and even the smallest drop of blood to be wiped away. He was impressed, of course. Even the best cleaner he had took 30 minutes at least but then again, Joshua was less messy compared to him. 

 

"You're not that bad," he blurted out as the male had cleaned up his utensils and packed up everything. M didn't seem impressed by Baekho though. 

 

"Hmm... Just to be clear, I get to choose whether I take your job or not," M said in a clear tone as he pulled down the mask slightly to breathe. Baekho squinted slightly, trying to catch more of his facial features but it was only for a split monnet before he had adjusted the mask back to its original position. 

 

"So you're telling me, I can call you but you might not even show up?" 

 

"Yes, that's the gist of having me as your cleaner. It's your own responsibility to clean up the mess you created, not mine so if conditions are unfavourable, I won't show up." 

 

"Conditions as in?" 

 

"Pay, location and time. And you."

 

"Me?"

 

"I shall take my leave now," the other said instead of clarifying his meaning. He started to head out from the room with the body bag and cleaning bags. 

 

"Oi. I'm not done talk-," Baekho reached out to grab the male but the other had moved out of the way quickly before shooting a glare at him. 

 

"Another thing. Don't even think about prying into my personal affairs. I do not take lightly to people who try to come closer than they have to. You live your life and I live mine. Don't forget that." 

 

Baekho frowned at the walls fortified by the male before he even tried anything. He let the male leave, guessing he would just be even snappier if he stopped him. Joshua came back to check on the cleaning and smiled, obviously satisfied with the job. 

 

"Told you he's the best." 

 

"Except for his attitude." 

 

"Oh. Don't mind that. He's pretty decent once you get used to him. Also he is much crankier if you call him in the noon or well, broad daylight as some say." 

 

"Which you did. Which is why he's so cranky. Thanks for introducing him to me at his worst." 

 

"Got that right. Can't know someone's best without their worst first in our line. In any case, if you can't find anyone to help you clean up, he's your next best option. See you around, Baekho." 

 

"You too, Josh." 

 

Baekho was tempted to throw the number away and find someone else to do the cleaning but as he walked around the room to assess the job, he couldn't help but to continuously be impressed. Not even a fingerprint was left and there were even some dust particles scattered down to make the area look untouched. Baekho scowled as he could only praise the other and find nothing out of the ordinary. That's right. The place looked just as it would without any dead bodies. A normal room. Wiht that in mind, he left the place before he accidentally left a trail after himself.