OMD [Twitter AU] {3}

Undecided

Aron's clan including the other trio made their way towards the town which Minhyun's friend was last seen in. Their plan had to be changed since they couldn't procure Minki's help and delaying it would only cause unnecessary tension between them. The night had settled and Aron's men surrounded the town, hiding in secret spots they had staked out previously.

 

"You really didn't have to come along, you know," Aron said to Minhyun who was hiding with them. Minhyun frowned and shook his head.

 

"I have to. I need to be sure that she's safe."

 

"We could have just brought her back."

 

"There's no point in arguing with him, Aron," Baekho said and Minhyun smiled a little. Aron sighed and nodded.

 

"Just stay close."

 

They patiently waited for one of Aron's men's signal before the vampire's started to close in on the inn. The signal meant they were there, both master and familiar. Minhyun was nervous to the pits of his stomach as he watched the vampires flood into the inn, Aron and Jonghyun included. Moments later, there were screams and loud noises. Fighting and various noises that he couldn't decipher as well.

 

"Do you think they'll be fine?" Minhyun asked Baekho who sat by him.

 

"Considering their history with hunting, they should be," Baekho replied even if he couldn't really say for sure.

 

The front doors burst open and vampires poured out along with hunters and daemons. The windows broke and magic spilled up from the inside. Baekho gasped along with Minhyun as they watched the emss unfold before them. Jonghyun rushed back towards them, gasping as he was wounded.

 

"Jonghyun," Baekho gasped again, rushing towards his friend's side. "What happened? What's going on?"

 

"It's a trap. There are way more hunters and daemons inside there. They masked themselves and they're picking us off like flies," Jonghyun said while pressing against his wound and gritting his teeth.

 

"W-why aren't you healing?" Minhyun asked worriedly.

 

"Silver?" Baekho added. 

 

"All sorts of bull. They're going all out to kill us and the daemons are mad tonight."

 

"And noona?"

 

"She's there too."

 

Minhyun gritted his teeth and turned to the inn. Baekho grabbed his arm before he could run off. "We need to fall back, Minhyun."

 

"No. Aron is still fighting. We can't just leave him."

 

". Wait here with Jonghyun then. I'll go tell him to fall back."

 

"But, Baekho-" Baekho kissed his forehead before breaking off into a sprint towards the inn that looked like a raging war. Minhyun wanted to follow him but Jonghyun's groans made him halt as he tried to bandage the vampire's wounds instead. Baekho had to fight his way through and find Aron. He had no clue where the other was so he could only follow his scent, avoiding as much daemons and hunters as he could. A daemon stopped in front of him, pulling back her bowstring but froze. Baekho's eyes widened when he caught a whiff of her scent and she seemed equally surprised too.

 

"Minhyun?" Baekho blurted out. Her lips parted and for a moment, her stoic expression changed but an explosion surrounded them with smoke and Baekho hurriedly rushed off again. He found Aron ultimately, battling 3 hunters at once and backed off into the corner. He flung the first one aside easily since Baekho still had inhumane strength. Aron took the chance and bit into the neck of the one closest to him and they both tackled the third one down in a flash.

 

"Thanks for the save."

 

"I'm only here to stop Minhyun from running in himself. We have to leave. There's no way the clan will survive this."

 

"That's if we can even leave," Aron said while flashing his fangs. Baekho gulped as he watched more daemons than hunters closing in on them.

 

"Where are they even coming from?"

 

"I don't know but we must have had a mouse. Or one of these daemons have the ability to foresee things."

 

"Have you pinpoint the master and his friend?"

 

"Yep. The one with the arrow and bow is his friend. The master is the man in the white coat."

 

"Let's do this."

 

"Hunting like the old days huh?"

 

"No. I'm just doing this for Minhyun's sake. And our futures."

 

The two vampires fought side-by-side, trying to get close to the archer daemon and her master but it was no easy task when she was capable of running away from their grasps swiftly. Her reflexes matched theirs or worse, was better. Even when they tried to pincher her, she shot an arrow in their direction without fear and forced them to break formation instead. 

 

". This isn't going to work," Aron panted, feeling exhausted from having to fend off other hunters and daemons as well. Baekho was in a similar position since he hadn't been in a fight for so long and his body just didn't work like before. "Great. We are surrounded." 

 

"That one is of royal blood. We should capture him."

 

"He would make good cash with those collectors." 

 

"Wound him just enough." 

 

Baekho's eyes glowed, finding the hunters unbelievable and pitied the daemons who were unable to go against them. His eyes met those of the archer daemon again and he pursed his lips. They only needed to save her, capture her master and they could leave but it wasn't that easy. 

 

"Wow. You get to live for being royal blood? I'm jealous," Aron said jokingly, feeling the rush of adrenaline kick in. "But I'm not going down today. Come on, Baekho. We can do this." 

 

Minhyun bit his thumb, waiting and waiting for them to show up again. The fighting outside had ceased slowly and the outcome was horrifying to him. Dead daemons started to fizzle and only the bodies of humans and vampires scattered around town. Those who survived headed back into the inn and Minhyun started feeling antsy. Did Baekho get caught? Did they all die? 

 

"Minhyun, I'm sorry," Jonghyun said and Minhyun shook his head. 

 

"No. I'm sorry. Its because of me this happened. I never... Never should have involved any of you in this."

 

"Baekho is still alive. I can tell." Jonghyun suddenly stiffened and he clutched his wound, trying to sit up. "Minhyun, run." 

 

"Huh?" 

 

From behind, a daemon stepped out from their hiding spot with a bow and arrow pointing directly towards Minhyun who yelped and shuffled back on his arms. 

 

"Please don't shoot!" Minhyun said as the male daemon approached them. 

 

"An unclaimed daemon and an injured vampire," the daemon spoke. The tip of the arrow lit up with fire and Jonghyun hissed, trying to stand up but couldn't find the strength in his legs. The daemon turned the arrow towards Jonghyun and Minhyun stood up, arms open wide. 

 

"No! You can't. You shouldn't." 

 

"I'll deal with you later. Move out of my way." 

 

"I... I'll fight you!" Minhyun squeaked and the daemon laughed mockingly. 

 

"You? Powerless daemon?" 

 

"You don't want to do this. The hunters are just using you to hurt them."

 

"And so what? Not all of us are goody two shoes like you." 

 

"Huh?" The daemon threw a punch across Minhyun's face before he could even react, sending him falling onto the ground from the sheer impact. He howled painfully and Jonghyun growled, forcing himself up to fight off the daemon but he was easily thrown off his feet and sent rolling with 2 kicks. 

 

"You'll die once the sun comes up anyways. You, on the other hand," the daemon chuckled and walked towards Minhyun, lifting him up by his shirt. Minhyun tried to push the daemon away but he was strong as he easily threw him over his shoulder. 

 

"L-let him go," Jonghyun choked out. 

 

"Put me down!" Minhyun cried out and smacked the daemon, pulling at his hair and trying all sorts of things as he was carried towards the inn. 

 

"You best behave yourself if you don't want to get a nasty master."

 

"No. No, please. I don't want to be claimed." 

 

"You will soon feel powerful. There's nothing to worry about, my fellow daemon. The hunters will treat you nicely as long as you fulfill your purpose." 

 

Minhyun gasped as the daemon walked into the inn. He ceased his struggling when he first notice her and then he cried out when he noticed Baekho and Aron, both heavily wounded but not giving up. 

 

"Looks like the fight isn't over yet. Oh and a royal blood. What a catch today," the daemon crackled and Minhyun bit his lower lip. 

 

He gathered what little courage he could and yelled,"So-hyang noona!" 

 

Baekho and Aron both looked up, taking notice of Minhyun sticking out like a sore thumb from behind. The hunters were all distracted temporarily but just enough for Baekho and Aron to attack them with all they had. The daemons were much more difficult to take down with their abilities and they didn't get far before Baekho was pinned down. Aron managed to break free and slammed into the daemon holding Minhyun who stumbled back. Aron tore Minhyun away from his clutches and they fell back. 

 

"We have to run," Aron groaned, trying to make a break for it but froze when he realised Minhyun had slipped out from his hold and ran up towards the archer daemon, pulling her into a tight hug. 

 

"Noona, wake up. This isn't you!" he cried out desperately. Aron turned to Baekho who still struggled against the daemons holding him down and towards the exit. He ran out. 

 

So-hyang looked at Minhyun with bewildered eyes but she pushed him away harshly and pulled her bowstring but before she could let go, the man with the white bloodied coat stepped forward. 

 

"Stop." 

 

She stopped and stared at Minhyun who had collapsed on the floor. He turned to look at them and then Baekho who growled and still tried to break free. 

 

"Noona, don't you recognise me? It's me, Minhyun," He said and the man walked up to him. It took him awhile but he gasped when he realised who the master was. "Y-you..." 

 

"If it isn't the young master himself." 

 

"That's the daemon you told us about?" 

 

"Sure is. The Hwang descendent." 

 

"A healing daemon. He will prove useful to us." 

 

"Noona trusted you! We trusted you!" Minhyun gasped in disbelief at the head chef of his household. 

 

"Unfortunately for you, young master, I was only there to act as a spy for the hunters. When the right time to strike would be and which one of the daemons were free to be claimed." 

 

Minhyun cried out and shook his head, refusing to believe his eyes. "No.." 

 

"Minhyun, don't listen to them," Baekho growled. 

 

"It seems you and the vampires are acquainted. You picked the wrong side, young master. Shouldn't have tried running from us, should you? No, you should be the one referring to me as master from now on. Isn't that right, So-hyang?" 

 

The archer daemon twitched but didn't make a move. Minhyun knew she was under his full control, unable to act on her own accord anymore but to think that the one person she loved was doing this. Minhyun felt horrible. Such a fate shouldn't have been placed onto her. Or any of them. With a steeled resolve, he rushed towards Baekho and pulled out the knife he was given for emergency by Jonghyun. He swung at the daemons who held him down and they reflexively dodged his attacks. 

 

"Hold him down!" 

 

"Why are you stupid daemons dodging a measly attack?!" 

 

Minhyun grabbed Baekho and rolled him onto him so they couldn't tear them apart with Baekho holding onto him tightly. "Baekho, do it." 

 

Baekho clenched his jaw, sliding his hand under Minhyun's shirt. He knew exactly where the mark was by heart after having seen and touched it. The daemons tried to rip them apart per order but Baekho held on as he whispered the incantations that he was forced to learn in case of dire emergencies into Minhyun's ear. 

 

"Don't let him claim the daemon!" 

 

Knives, blunt weapons all hit his back but Baekho managed to repeat it three times despite his failing conscious. Minhyun whispered his silent agreement and felt sheer pain rip through his body as he clawed on Baekho's back, letting out strangled cries. A crimson firey shine engulfed them both and Baekho felt a surge of energy take over him. Large bat like wings spread out from his back and nails turned into claws as he let Minhyun down. His wounds healed over, even from those lethal to vampires. 

 

"The daemon is healing him."

 

"No. He's making him stronger too. Everyone, attack them!" 

 

Minhyun felt dizzy and hurt all over. He could barely muster any energy to move and all he could feel was pain. His body, every inch of it seemed to be on fire especially his back. He tried to focus on Baekho but the vampire had started to attack everyone instinctively, ripping and tearing at anyone who dared approach them. His howls were animalistic and ear piercing. Minhyun could tell what was going on but he felt like he was dying. He couldn't understand his own powers but if Baekho was alive, maybe he didn't have to. If he died just so Baekho could live, he would gladly let the thin thread of consciousness go. His eyelids fluttered shut as pain took over his system. 

 

Baekho had lost control of his new earned strength as he couldn't stop himself from destroying the hunters and daemons where they stood. Their weapons didn't leave a dent on his skin and even when they pierced him, he healed over almost immediately. 

 

"Baekho!" A loud cry of his name sounded from the door but he couldn't recognise it. He couldn't see who it was. Everyone was an enemy. Protect Minhyun. Protect Minhyun. That was the only thing going through his head as he took flight and knocked out the people charging towards him. Rip and tear. Destroy them. Blood and guts splattered everywhere as he had lost his humane side in that moment, turning into a beast just to protect the one person who meant the world to him. As he did so, two vampires managed to make their way towards him and one of them approached him. 

 

"Enough." A pair of hands clutched his cheeks and he was consumed by a warm familiar feeling. His claws froze in a swinging motion as his purely red irises started reflecting back a bit of warmth as if someone had reached within him and touched his soul. The voice. "Baekho, it's me. Come back to us." 

 

He gasped, blinking furiously as his consciousness was ripped back into his body. He gazed upon the eyes of an old friend and stared at him. "M-Minki?" 

 

"It's me." 

 

"When-How-" 

 

"Aron came to get me to help. I wasn't expecting to see you in this form though." 

 

Baekho looked at himself and gulped. When did he become like this? He turned around and noticed the horror around him. The hunters surrounding them mostly scattered on the ground, broken or torn. Even the daemons didn't stand a chance against his rage. "D-did I do this?" 

 

"I guess you did."

 

"Ugh..." Both the vampires turned their heads towards the groaning male who slowly stood up. He yelped and lifted his hands. 

 

"Don't kill me. Please." 

 

"You... You're the master," Baekho muttered and jolted, remembering what had just happened. "Minhyun!" He rushed back to the fainted daemon's side and lifted him into his arms. "Minhyun, wake up." He noticed the blood dripping all over Minhyun's body and realised that all his wounds from earlier had transferred to him. His breathing was shallow and he was even colder than Baekho. "No, no. Heal, Minhyun. Dammit. Heal yourself." 

 

Baekho turned to Minki and Aron for help but they both didn't know what to do. The hunter tried to run but Aron grabbed him and pinned him down easily without the protection of a daemon. He was only human after all. "Minki, I need you to control this man. We have to release a daemon from his hold." 

 

"I understand. What about Baekho though?" 

 

Aron pursed his lips. 

 

"No, please. Let me go. I'll do anything. I'll pay you!" the hunter pleaded but the vampires just scoffed. 

 

"We have no need for your money. You have lived enough for one lifetime." 

 

Minki held the hunter's face and his eyes glowed, sinking deep into the mind and feeling his powers wrap around the feeble weakened mind. Once he was under Minki's control, Aron made his way towards Baekho who was silently sobbing. 

 

"Baekho..." 

 

"He's not healing, Aron." 

 

"The shock must have been too much for him. He won't survive at this rate," Aron whispered softly, finding it difficult to speak anymore as he had been weakened considerably as well. The sprint he had took to find Minki left him depleted of energy had it not been for the other sharing a bit of blood with him. 

 

"This is why I didn't want to do it... We don't know how his powers would awaken and now he might die because of my recklessness," Baekho cried and hugged Minhyun's almost lifeless body tightly. Minki approached them and tilted his head. 

 

"Why don't you just give him your blood then? He will heal, right?" 

 

"The man's a daemon, Minki," Aron said and the purple haired vampire gasped. 

 

"Baekho's lover is a daemon? Wow. Have I been sleeping so long that time has changed?" 

 

"A little. Baekho, I know you didn't want to take my suggestion previously but maybe... Maybe you should turn him after all. It might be the only way to save him right now."

 

Baekho was torn with his decisions. Minhyun's life was slowly slipping away from his grasp and he didn't even know if turning him now would save him but what other choice could he take? "I'm so sorry... I should have been stronger. I should have protected you better." Baekho rubbed his tears, feeling his eyes sting as he parted his lips and brought his fangs down onto Minhyun's pale neck, transferring his blood over as rapidly as he could. 

 

"Let's get his friend out of here," Aron said, unable to watch any longer either. Minki nodded and the hunter followed them like a zombie. Aron tossed the bodies aside until he found So-hyang thankfully passed out and not dead. After instructing Minki on what he had to make the man do, he glanced over to Baekho who now cradled Minhyun and waited. They had no idea what was going to happen but all they could do now was wait.