Straight to my Heart [Baekmin]

Undecided

Hitman Baekho

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3qSsr-lpXc/
Teacher Minhyun

###

Summary

Minhyun was a regular school teacher or at least that's what he had worked hard to become until his house gets infiltrated by a man holding a gun to his head to the same said man living inside it. Maybe he wasn't so regular anymore.

###

1

Music class, maths class and Korean class were all parts of his schedule. That may seemed a lot but at least he wasn't the only teacher around with such a tight schedule. He worked with a different teacher for each class after all and they all handled their jobs differently. If there was a word to describe Minhyun, he would probably pick organised. The others liked to work with him because of that reason too. He always made sure to prepare his materials beforehand and do everything to ensure a smooth sailing lesson. Always keeping up to date with the syllabus and making sure his classes were fun to be in. He was a well liked teacher and honestly, he didn't think anything in his life could go wrong until he was faced with a gun barrel to his forehead.

~~~

The file was placed on the table. His next target. Or at least that's what he thought before he was briefed on his mission. Baekho was more of a hit and run type of hitman. He didn't really make much contact with his targets, mostly because he didn't have to. He either go upfront to them and blast a hole right in their face or he would snipe at them from a safe location he had scout out beforehand. He never really liked missions where he had to work hard to gain someone's trust just to backstab them or any of the sort. He just wasn't cut out for that since they weren't straight to the point.

"You are to protect this man for these two months. Every information you need on him is within that file. Any questions?"

"Protect? Wait. I don't take this kind of missions."

"You are our best shot at this, Baekho. He has to be protected no matter the cost and no one is better at shooting down targets than you are."

"Yeah but that's because I'm alone. I can't protect-"

"Baekho, I'm counting on you because this is confidential information and direct orders from the top brass. I don't trust any other hitmen to take on this mission."

And that was how Baekho ended up standing in front of his target's apartment door with his own luggage filled with equipments and a couple of clothes. He hesitated in pressing the doorbell since he really don't think he was cut out for this but it was just protecting one guy, right? How hard could that get? He knew the answer to that question would be answered in the two months he had to spend with him. He pressed the doorbell and moved his hand to the back of his belt out of habit since that's where one of his guns would usually be located. He rested his hand on the handle as he heard a soft "Coming" from the other side of the door. The door opened and the male standing before him was indeed the man from the pictures in the file.

"Hello. How may I help you?" the male whom Baekho already knew his name asked with a small smile.

"Hi. Are you... Hwang Minhyun?"

"Yes. Yes I am. And you are...?"

Calm down, Baekho. If you can shoot people in the face without batting an eyelash, you should be able to talk to someone without throwing up and making an embarrassment out of yourself.

"I'm Baekho."

"Ah. Are you... My new neighbor or something?" Minhyun asked since there was a luggage beside Baekho and he couldn't think of any other reason that someone would come up to his door right now. Baekho glanced at his luggage before turning back to Minhyun.

"No, no. You see, I heard from one of your... Colleagues that you stay alone and actually, I am in need of a place to stay in this... Next 2 months. I was wondering if it was possible for you to... Have me around for awhile," Baekho said, hoping he sounded convincing. He could totally tell from Minhyun's expression that he was suspicious.

"My colleague? And... Who exactly?"

"He goes by the name Jonghyun?"

"Oh. Jonghyun. Wait a minute."

Baekho nodded and watched the other retreat into the house. The hitman could guess the other would call his colleague to ascertain the truth due to his cautious nature and thankfully Baekho had already met with this said Jonghyun person beforehand and conjured up a fake story to the other about how he badly needed a place to stay and if he could recommend someone who would let him stay. Thankfully Jonghyun pointed him right towards Minhyun or else this would be a bigger hassle to deal with. The door opened again, wider this time and Minhyun smiled.

"Well, he told me quite the sob story and uh... Come on in. I do have an extra guest room you can use for the following two months. Uh..." Baekho could tell Minhyun probably had a lot of questions but saw that he was holding back as he eyed Baekho who was clad in black from top to bottom. Baekho stepped in, pulling his luggage along with him as he moved his hand away from the gun, trying to act casual. He succeeded in the first step. Now to make sure the house was set up so he would be warned of any impending danger. Problem was Minhyun was a clean freak and he knew that from the file so he would have to find spots that he wouldn't notice if he were to clean up and that was really difficult the moment Baekho started looking around the place. There was not a single patch of mess in the apartment coming from a single man and it really shocked Baekho although he tried not to show it in his expression. "So... He told me that uh... You need a place to stay because your house was sold to loan sharks due to all the debts your deceased parents left you with and uh..."

Baekho watched the man's face scrunch up in confusion and hesitation for awhile. "And?"

"I won't be expecting any loan sharks to be showing up my door, right?"

"No. That shouldn't be a problem. Don't worry. I intend to pay you rent to stay here for the two months."

"But don't you have limited cash on you now? Jonghyun made it like such a big deal," Minhyun said while his hands and legs started moving around to clean up whatever he deemed out of place. Although in Baekho's eyes, this guy was way too neat for his liking. It was almost like there was not a spot he hasn't put his hands on.

"Not that little that I have to freeload. And I'm really thankful that you're willing to let me stay for the two months. I'll be sure to not get in your way," Baekho said although he knew that was a lie. 

"Yeah. Well, over here then," Minhyun said while walking Baekho to the guest room. Just like the rest of the apartment, it was clean and organised. Simple. A cupboard, a bed and a table. "You can stay here. Uh... If you need anything, just tell me. Oh, how do you know Jonghyun? I mean, what's your relation with him...?"

Baekho stiffened and he had to dig into his brain hard to come up with a reason. "Uh... Well, I met him just last week actually. Drinking. Just drinking buddies." Which wasn't a lie although he left out the part where it was mostly just Jonghyun drinking and complaining for an entire week while he took that chance to dig out more information about Minhyun. Surprisingly it was easier than he thought.

"Well, if there's nothing else, feel free to... Settle in." Baekho nodded and followed Minhyun out of the room. "Oh. One mo-" Minhyun turned around abruptly and knocked into Baekho quite hard. Although Baekho was rather sturdy, that didn't mean parts of what wasn't him was just as sturdy. While his gun didn't drop out like he dreaded, something else did and that was possibly worse because everything was calm one moment and the next, Minhyun screamed and stepped away from Baekho, grabbing onto whatever object he could use as a weapon. Baekho looked down and gasped. How stupid of him to have dropped... A bomb. Well it was a flash bang grenade but the shape could easily be misinterpret to someone who didn't know what it was.

"Why the hell do you have a bomb with you?!" Minhyun squeaked while grasping onto a hardcover book.

"Calm down. Its just... A prop," Baekho said, trying to keep Minhyun calm but he was definitely not calm. Baekho picked it up and Minhyun took a couple more steps back.

"That is no goddamn prop. Get out of my house!"

"Hey, no, look. Its totally harmless," he lied.

"Get out or I'm calling the police!" Minhyun was freaking out as he tried to grab his phone from his pocket. Baekho stepped forward quickly and startled the taller male as he started swinging the book at Baekho. "Don't come near me!"

"Just let me ex-" The book hit him on the head and while he had been hit in the head before, it was never a pleasant experience. Baekho grabbed Minhyun by his wrist and tried to take the book from him but Minhyun used his height as an advantage although Baekho was more skilled in disarming people. He hooked Minhyun's leg, causing the frightened male to slip and fall back onto the couch. Baekho grabbed his other wrist but before he could pin him down, Minhyun literally headbutted him. Again, why the head. Baekho groaned as Minhyun tried to scramble away from him. Baekho pulled him back, forcing him down onto the couch as he straddled him and the next thing he did happened in a blink of that before Minhyun could even register to scream, there was a gun pointed to his forehead.

"Will you calm the down and listen to me?"