My Only Sin is You (Baekmin)

Undecided

Main Pairing : Baekmin 

### 

Summary

In which Baekho is a psychologist and Minhyun happens to be a serial killer he can't help but to be attracted towards because of a specific reason. Some says he's cold blooded while there are some who claims he is a vigilante. Baekho was more than determined to find out on his own. After all, he was saved by him once before.

☆☆☆

1

He could still remember that day clearly as though he was there experiencing it all over again. The drops of sweat that dampened his body and made him fasten his pace. The panting and uneasy tightness in his chest. He could hear the footsteps behind him, picking up in pace. For most of his life, Kang Baekho had been living in fear of the one person who plagued his life. 

Until that day.  

When he got trapped in an alley and a gun was pointed towards him. His heart thumping loudly in his chest and his hands sweaty. His bag already fallen and forgotten as he stood in fear before the very man who had made him afraid to sleep at night, afraid to have late night drinks and afraid of every little footstep that seemed to go in his direction. The man in the red hood. He couldn't breathe, much less call for help. His body trembled as his muscles contracted tightly. He knew he was going to die. Finally. After years of being stalked and follow, he had come to terms that this day would come. The day when the man in the red hood would finally make his move. He often thought about ways to run away from the other but none of them had ever end in success, neither did the ones in his dreams. He heard the click of the gun, telling him the safety was off. The man in the red hood will shoot. 

So he shut his eyes tightly because that seemed to be the only muscle in his body he had control over. 

Then came the bang.

He waited and waited until he felt warm trickling down his face but the blood wasn't his. He gasped and opened his eyes as the man in the red hood fell onto the ground without a sound. Not that he could make a sound with a gaping hole in his throat and blood spurting out of it. Baekho looked up and there he was. 

Hwang Minhyun. 

Equipped with a gun that had smoke trailing off its tip. The gun was lowered. Their eyes met but neither said a word. Baekho could only watch as the man who had shot his nightmare walk away and now the same man sat before him in handcuffs.

Hwang Minhyun.

He repeated the name over and over in his mind. The one who had saved him. Yet the one who also sat before him in a criminal institution for the mentally ill. How ever did it come to this? 

"What brings a sane man like you here?" The man had asked in a soft tone. His voice rang in Baekho's ears in a way he didn't understand fully. Perhaps Baekho had just not expected the other to be rather poise because of his first meeting with the other. Yet he knew better than to judge a book by its cover or better yet by his actions in this case. 

"I'm here to... talk to you," Baekho said once he found his voice again. The man crossed his legs with an amused look on his face. His hands placed neatly on top of one another as his head had a slight tilt to it. 

"Go on. Talk to me."

"First of all... do you remember me?" Baekho asked, wanting to know if the other remembered their encounter. 

"Am I supposed to?" 

A question answered with a question. Typical. Baekho shrugged and let out a silent breath.

"It's fine if you don't."

"I was just joking. Red hood, right?"

Baekho's eyes widened slightly and he nodded. So he does remember him. Minhyun's lips curled up into a most wonderful smile that Baekho had not expected. It did not look like the face of a killer or one that had any guilt in it either but then again, Baekho was a witness himself to one of the male's murders. 

"You do remember."

"Yes. I remember what you wore too. Would you like me to remind you?" 

"No. It's alright. I was just making sure," Baekho replied him speedily so he wouldn't refresh what was still fresh in Baekho's mind for him. "Hwang Minhyun. You have killed over 10 people and most of them happen to be innocent. Right?"

"If my memory serves well and it does. I have killed 15 people and none of them were innocent," the other replied nonchalantly. Baekho opened the document in front of him and slid out a picture of a seemingly young male with a bright smile. 

"This boy here was only 17 years old when you shot him right in the head."

"Yes. This boy has also killed a family of three that has done nothing wrong except disallow their daughter to meet him which in all honesty, was a smart move for the parents but evidently, not so much for their lives."

"Wha-" Baekho had not expected the other to say that. After all, there was no records of what he had just said to be the truth. "You're lying."

"I do not lie."

"That's not- what about this man? Honest accountant! Loves his family and his pet dog."

"Yes, loved them enough to cheat on them with another married wife and then kill off the poor family just so he could be with the wife. Too bad for him, his dog didn't recognize him anymore after that and his actual wife was about to file a divorce. Dogs deserve better than a cheating owner."

"How did you?" Baekho was bewildered and caught off guard by the man who leaned forward with a smile that had turned into a smirk. He motioned Baekho to lean closer as well and he did.

"Want to know something interesting?" The male asked in a voice barely a whisper. Baekho knew he probably shouldn't but his curiosity got the better of him and he nodded. "The guard at the door right now?"

Baekho glanced back and nodded, acknowledging the subject of matter. "What about him?"

" his daughter when she was only 8," Minhyun whispered in a voice so low that it sent Baekho chills down his spine. He pulled back immediately with wide eyes and parted lips. Minhyun's smile didn't falter as he slid himself up slowly into an upright position again. 

"You're lying..."

"I don't lie. I said that just now."

"And how would you know?"

"Well... it's simple. I can see people's sins."