Thin Lines (Baekmin)

Undecided

Main Pairing : Baekho x Minhyun

☆☆☆

Summary

Baekho was forced to clean his house's attic one day and he stumbled upon a stack of old story books. He ends up reading them to avoid cleaning but ends up falling in love with the main character of the book. However the character dies and he ends up lamenting over his death so much that when a new student joins his class, he can't help but to associate the male with the character and ends up slipping between reality and fantasy as he starts getting closer to Minhyun.

☆☆☆

1

The thin line between reality and fantasy often gets blurry when we yearn for something with all our heart. The world we live in melds with the world in our minds, trying and forcing to be one. But most often than not, we would break out from it like an illusion spell that had lost its hold.

Baekho flipped to the last page of the book he was reading. An abundance of tissue collected by his side as he cursed and shut the book angrily. How could the character he loved in the book die at the end? It infuriated him even more than the fact that he was supposed to be cleaning his house's attic but had found a collection of books and started reading them instead. It spoke of the adventures of a young man who went across the seas and the skies just to save the person he loved the most. Only to die in the end. Betrayed by the one he was trying to save. Baekho felt like the ending was unfair and unsatisfying. He didn't want the male who had worked so hard just die so aimlessly.

"Kang Dongho!!! Have you finish cleaning the attic yet? You've been up there for 6 hours!!" His mother's voice screamed for the college student who immediately grabbed all the tissues and tossed them into the waste bag before tying it up and dragging it down with the book in his hand.

"I'm done, mum!!" He said while putting the bag with the rest of the waste that he had cleared out.

"What on earth were you doing up there?"

"Cleaning?"

"Don't lie to me, young man. Did you find a hidden stash of ?"

"No!" Baekho yelled back in embarrassment. "I just found this old story books and got caught up reading the entire thing."

His mother gasped and eyed him wearily. "You? Reading a book?"

"Yes." Baekho rolled his eyes and brought the book back to his room. He put it on the table and sighed.

The next day he headed off to class with a headache. After all, he had been up all night figuring out if there was any way for him to message the author of the book and make him change the ending or at least write one that would make the character happy. Though they were all just empty baseless thoughts. He entered his class, greeted by his friends.

There was a new student in the class. He was tall and had the looks of a model. Broad shoulders. Thin waistline. The girls all went starry eyed for the new student while Baekho's friends just groaned at the possible decline of attraction any girls would have towards them. Baekho however was thinking of how amazing it would be if the character in the book looked just like the new student. The male's thin smile made Baekho imagine him as the character smiling as he held the hands of his lady and danced along to slow ballroom music. His imagination was cut short when the student took the seat beside him. He stiffened and tried to push all the thoughts aside especially when the male spoke to him.

"Hello." Baekho turned to the male stiffly and gave him an awkward smile.

"Hi?"

"Do you happen to know where the lecturer is at?" The male asked while motioning to his open book. Baekho gasped and basically knew he screwed up.

"Sorry. Wasn't paying attention at all," he replied honestly as he rubbed the back of his neck. The male's soft laugh made the hair stand on his neck and Baekho breathed in. This man would be so perfect as the main character of the book.

"I see. I'm Minhyun, by the way."

"Baekho..."

"Pleased to be of acquaintance, Baekho."

Even his voice and the way he talked made Baekho melt as though the character in the book was talking straight to him. He let out a pleased sigh and quickly turned away when he realised he was starting to stare at the other. No, no, no. He's real and the character isn't, Kang Dongho.

Although he really wished the character was.

Then Hwang Minhyun would fit him just perfectly.