Jitters

Single Daddy In Love

~~~ POV

Today would be a month since Yunho slipped into a coma. I had been coming almost every day to take care of him but no progression was made.  I put my job on hold and decided to take my maternity leave earlier than the schedule date. With a lot of things to worry about, I couldn’t get myself tired any further.

“Hey…” said Seunghyun as he touched my shoulder to acknowledge me his presence.

“You came… How was the flight back? You must be tired from the trip and the concert…”

“I’m fine, no worries about me. Have you had lunch? I brought some food for you.”

“I did. I ate lunch with Han Byul and Dong Wook oppa. They came over for a while just now…I’m so tired Seunghyun. Why do I feel it’s a punishment for me”…I look at him; exhausted…” Isn’t he’s the one who hurt me the most?” I sighed.

Seunghyun sat beside me and held my hands…”No, it’s not. Why do you have to always think that? It was a mistake that Yunho did and not you who asked him to end his life. Can you stop having all those negative thoughts?”

“Just look at him Seunghyun…Look! He’s been in this state for a month and why is he not waking up huh? The doctor said everything is fine…His vitals, body and even his wound is getting better each day! It feels he’s mocking back at me and blaming me for everything that had happen to him,” I expressed angrily.

Seunghyun softens and caressed my face…”I know it’s hard but we just have to wait. We have to leave it to the almighty to decide when he wants Yunho to come back to us. Remember ~~~, you have me and I’ll always be here…”

“Sorry for lashing out at you and dealing with my mood swings…I feel really bad about it…Bian Seunghyun-ah,” I apologised.

Seunghyun chuckled as he ruffled my hair…”It’s okay…It gives me an assurance that you do actually love me…”teased Seunghyun.

“Yah, Choi Seunghyun!” I raised my voice and gave a slight knock on his head.

“Ouch that hurts!”…..he bragged…”Okay, I know well you do love me,” said Seunghyun as he rolled his eyes on me. “I have to go now babe…I got to go back to the office to settle some schedule matters…Call me up when you are done …”

I nod and he kissed me goodbye before going off.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Yunho POV

I opened my eyes slowly. It was dark except for the light from the side table. I tried to test my hands and legs and thankfully it responded to my will. I closed my eyes again and tried to recall where my memory had stopped.  As far as I can remember, I was by the beach, drunk and the last thing I knew everything went blank as I collapsed on the floor with a deep slit on my wrist.

Turning my head, I saw her. She was asleep, sitting beside me with her head leaning on my bed with her folded arms. It must be uncomfortable for her to be sleeping in that state while being pregnant. I run my fingers through her hair. Honestly, I was afraid that once she’s awake, everything will be back as before. She startled awake, raising her head suddenly as my hands falls weakly onto the bed.

“Yunho,” her voice choked and grasped my hand.

“Hello,” I croaked and struggled to sit up.

“Stay still, I’ll get the nurse to check on you,” she advised as she reaches for the buzzer on the bedside.

“Noona, I’m sorry,” I whispered.

She sighed and looked at me…”Yunho please, not now. We can talk about that later. Let them check on you first,” she smiled.

The doctor and nurses came and see if everything was okay. She stood by the bed looking at me the whole time...”How’s his condition doctor? Is everything alright?” she asked.

“Yes, he’s doing well but is just that his body is a little bit weak now. We shall monitor on him for the next few days and if all is well, he’s good to go,” advised the doctor.

“Phew, that’s a relief…”

“Indeed, I shall leave him to you then and Mr Yunho, get plenty of rest because there are many things to catch up during the loss time you had while you’re in coma…”

We bot greeted the doctor goodbye and the atmosphere in the ward becomes more awkward as before….”Hmmmm noona…” I croaked.

“How are you feeling?” She cut me off.

“Hungry & Achy.”

“Arasso, I’ll get the fish porridge that I brought,” she said calmly as she gets the thermos and pour the porridge into the bowl. It smelled delicious just like the one she had cooked before. She fed me a spoon and it tasted just like how it’s supposed to be.

“Noona, before you cut me off again. I apologised for causing so much pain to you. I need to let this off my chest and I’m alright if you can’t forgive me. I’m disappointed in myself, you’re the one woman who I dearly love so much and for any reason I have mistreated the chance to treasure you…” I expressed my deep heart feelings.

“To be honest, I have forgiven you but I will never forget what you have done to me. I saw your letter that you wrote. Why didn’t you tell me about your condition? You made me be the bad guy when you slipped into this condition. I feel so miserable Yunho. I have all these questions in my head and wonder what in the world have make you try to take your life away. Your problem won’t be solved even though you end your life….”

“So you read it huh?” I questioned.

“Obviously Yunho, wasn’t that letter supposed to be given to me if you were gone that night?”

Just as much as she had forgave me, her words stung like a bee. I knew where my position was and I didn’t dare to speak back much.

She inhales sharply, closing her eyes briefly and shakes her head…”I’ll get going then. It’s going to pass the visitor hour. Have a good night rest. I’ll be back soon,” she stood up and grabbed her bag.

“Noona, don’t trouble yourself…I’ll be fine…

“Don’t be so stubborn, I will decide myself if I want to or not,” she exclaimed.

I looked at her every move till before she reaches the door…”I heard you when I was in coma…”I said as she stopped her steps...”Maybe, you know… that was the reason I could wake up, I believed in what you said noona….” Without turning back, she walked out of the ward without a word.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Seunghyun POV

“Hey what’s up my home boy!” greeted Jiyoung as he came into the studio.“Oh god, you’re still looking at that ring?” he asked while pulling up a chair to join me.

“I really love it so much and I can’t wait to put it on her finger. Thank You so much Ji! Thank you,” I thanked Jiyoung again.

“No problem, it’s not easy to get the ring done in just within a short amount of time.  I got to begged the nail designer to specially put my order first than her other clients. You sure owe me big time…”

“Don’t worry, I will when in time for you to get married.  You need to find someone too soon you know….then I won’t be the only married man in this group.”

“Don’t try to talk to me into marriage. I’m not as ready as you think I am hyung plus it’s still a long road ahead till I have my own family…” said Jiyoung.

“Oh wells, wait till your baby mama comes knocking on your door then you’re gonna have an instant family,” I teased.

“HYUNG! Doesn’t mean I hang out with a lot of girls means I sleep with them too!”

“I’m just joking, chill man,”…I laughed…” I think I better go off now than being here with a sensitive man like you. By the way, keep the ring for me and bring the kids out for a drink, put it under my tab. It’s a reward for you guys in helping me with the preparations …”

“Assa! That’s the way to roll baby!”…cheered Jiyoung….”No worries hyung, everything will be in control and we’re just waiting for your signal to make this event happen and once again I’m so happy for you. I can’t believe you’ll be walking down the aisle soon.”

“I must say, I’m happy for myself too,” I smiled and made my way home.

It was already near midnight when I get back to ~~~’s apartment. I saw light from Bomi’s room and I knew that she had brought Bomi back from my mum’s. I went to see a quick peek at my sleeping little girl before I settle in for the night. My body automatically made its way to ~~~’s room even though I knew I should be back sleeping at my own room. As I opened the door, she was lying on the bed with her back facing in my direction. I put down my jacket and went to cuddle her as I put my arm around her.

“Your scent…,”she murmured as she pulled me closer to her.

“Did I wake you up?” I asked.

“Aniya, I was about to fall asleep but I could smell your scent as soon as you opened my bedroom door.”

“Bian, I better go wash up. It’s nauseating for you huh?”

“Don’t, I like it. Just stay here with me…” she said as she turned herself over, snuggling closer to me. Our faces were inches apart and I bet she could hear the sound of my heart racing. She caressed my face with her eyes locked in mine and within a while, she planted a kiss on my lips. It took me by surprise but I received it well.

“Yunho woke up today after you left,” she blurted as soon as our lips parted.

I looked at her in disbelief…”Why didn’t you call me? I could have come back to the hospital.”

“I want this matter to resolve between Yunho and me and I wouldn’t want to get matter worst if you’re the one he sees next after waking up from the coma. You’re his enemy remember? Things might get worse or even his condition will worsen if you’re there.”

“But ~~~…..”

“Don’t worry. I just want to help him go through this and get over me. Are you scared that I and yunho might…”

“No,”…I cut off her sentence…”It’s not that. What if he does want to hurt you again? I couldn’t risk to lose you again plus the baby too. I love you so very much.”

“He can’t, silly. We’re at the hospital. He can’t do any harm plus his condition is still weak. I love you and Bomi. Yunho or whoever else can’t bring us apart. You’re the one in my heart and will always be okay…Didn’t I give you the reassurance that I will marry you someday?” she comforted me.

I pulled in her closer to show my assurance but my heart wasn’t feeling good about the situation…”Choi Seunghyun, stop thinking about all these nonsensical thoughts. It must be the proposal jitters that are getting onto you. You have her heart, what more are you afraid off? Oh god please, I'm near to the finishing line. Don't make me feel this way” I said to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Yeah! I finally did it^^ A new chapter up. Hope you guys enjoy it and I will try to put up the next new chapter as soon as possible!

Thank you for reading readers:)