The Dressmaker

A Moment To Remember
Please log in to read the full chapter

“ Yoongi…could you ask Jungkook if he need an additional dressmaker?....” Mrs Min asked Yoongi one evening over dinner at home. “…. why am I involve in hiring a dressmaker?...he can have anyone that suits his standard Eomma…” Yoongi carelessly answered back uninterestedly. “ just ask him will you…?..” the older woman muttered giving Yoongi a glare. His father just smile while eating his soup. Yoongi sighed by saying “….okay I’ll ask him…happy?.....”. His mother just smiled.

 

“ Wheein….I’ve spoken to Mrs Min she said for you to see Mr Jeon Jungkook ….just go to this address Mr Jeon will be expecting you this Thursday 10am okay….good luck!..…”. Ms Lee handed a name card to Wheein. It’s been almost a month since the last Ms Lee told her that she’s closing down the boutique and going abroad to Japan. Wheein stared at the white card “ hopefully I’ll be hired…”. “ what?... you are going to work for Mr Jeon Jungkook?...you ‘ll be one lucky brat….if he hired you….you know what?...you’ll be automatically working under the Min Corp you know!...the biggest company in Korea….because this Jungkook guy is ‘ V’ brand’s tailor one of Kim Taehyung rightman…wow….this is going to be great!...Wheein…” Moonbyul hug the younger friend. “ well….this is not confirm yet….he has to screen test me first….” Wheein worriedly answered back. “..you’ll be fiine don’t worry…I’ve seen your workmanship..it’s very neat….he’ll like it….fightin!..”.

 

Wheein stood infront of the tall building and looked at the entrance for a few seconds before walking in. She approached the receptionist behind the counter. “ Good morning Miss…how can I help you?...” the lady greet her politely. “ I’m here to meet Mr Jeon, it’s an interview…..”. “ oohh..okay you can go to the 07th floor pointing at the elevator. “ thank you…” Wheein bowed her head. On her way to the elevator there are a lot of posters of models in fashions. The most biggest one and outstanding one is a poster of Kim Jennie in beautiful long purple dress.With one side is an off shoulder dress with her long curly brown hair styled to the side. She looks so sophisticated and supreme. “..no wonder she is dating the CEO, no one can beat her beauty….” Wheein said to herself.

 

The door of the elevator slide opened and she is met with another receptionist.” Good morning…how can I help you Miss?...” “ yes…I’m Jung Wheein and I have an interview with Mr Jeon Jungkook….” “ ooh….yes…he’s been expecting you please wait a moment I’ll inform him of your arrival…”. The lady picked up the phone and spoke politely . “ you may enter Ms Jung…”. Wheein knocked on the door and she can hear a voice saying “…come in…”. She opened the door “ good morning…I’m Jung Wheein coming for an interview…”. “ yes ..please Ms Jung take a seat first…”. Wheein sat on the black couch which looks really expensive. “I’m Jeon Jungkook…please to meet you…but before you could show me your skill did you bring your resume….I just want to be sure that you are actually attended and graduated in this field. “sure..” Wheein handed over her folder to the gorgeous man infront of her. To her Jeon jungkook looks much younger than she thought. “ Okay..let’s see what we have here…26 yrs old…single…working experience almost 4 years while working at…emm..Sora’s Boutique….” Jungkook nodded his head and quickly closed the folder. “ I’m going to test you …come with me…” Jungkook stood up and led her to another big door. The door opened and Wheein’s eyes widened seeing a very spacious area with a lot of sewing machines,wardrobes ….men’s clothes and women’s outfit…various of them on display..the decoration of the working area is beyond her expectation…everything looks so grand and professionals. “ Okay Ms Jung…choose any material from here and make me a simple summery dress…I ‘ll give you 01 hour ..it doesn’t matter if you cannot finish it..I want to see your skill that’s the main thing… You may start now…..”. Wheein’s eyes start roaming around the rolls of material which lined up on the shelves. She chose a light blue with small white daisies pattern for the material. She started her work carefully. At first she doesnot what measurement she should use for the sample. She thought just use her own measurement which will be easy because eshe knew very well what her size is. It didn’t take that long for her to make a sample sleeveless dress. She was almost adding some laces to patch up on the top part of the dress when Jungkook approached her. He stopped her and Wheein nervously bowed her head down. Jungkook took the dress which is not complete 100%. He looked at her sewing and dress cutting which impressed him a lot. “…emmm..you are very impressive Ms Jung….” Turning his head back to Wheein “ congratulations …you are hired….” Jungkook gave his adorable bunny smile. “..Thank you so much Mr Jeon…thank you…” Wheein bowed her head multiple times infront of the younger man. “..you can finish this dress it looks cute.....coonsidered it’s yours….”. “ Thank you again Mr Jeon…emm..when do I start?....” she asked excitedly. “ I ‘ll get my secretary to prepare the paperwork and contract once done…you may start on Monday…the sooner the better….” Jungkook smiles and walked away.

 

Wheein broke the news to Moonbyul. She called her immediately after she has left the building. “ ..I told you… you’ll do great!...congratulations Wheeinie!...I’m so happy for you….”. They celebrated that evening. “ Eomma…so you’ll gonna be working i

Please log in to read the full chapter