Ch. 32

Stockholm Syndrome

The next day at school wasnt as bad. Jimin was beside me as usual but he didn't talk as much. I felt as though I had hurt him. 

 

I sighed walking out of school when the bell rang when to officers walked up to me. 

 

I rolled my eyes. "You both again? You're stalking me now?" 

 

Officer Namjoon and Officer Seokjin smirked. "No. We're here for your protection."  

 

"What?" 

 

Namjoon sighed. "Because you gave us such damaging information about Min Yoongi and his drug business... Which we are looking into." 

 

"You guys are going to be following me around?" I asked in disbelief. 

 

Seokjin shrugged. "Kind of." 

 

Then I began to notice the whispers. People were eyeing me curious as to why two uniformed officer had approached me. I looked around shaking from all the attention which I believe Seokjin noticed. He touched my shoulders gently. "Lets talk somewhere else. Yea?" 

 

I nod gratefully, walking ahead of them to their car parked a block away from the school. 

 

My heart was breathing heavily and my head started to pound. 

 

"Are you okay?" Namjoon patted my back as I hunched over feeling as though I was about to puke. 

 

"I'm fine." 

 

"We're sorry for appearing at your school. We weren't aware if the consequences." 

 

I looked at Seokjin. "It's okay."  

 

They helped me stand up. 

 

Namjoon turned to lean on his car, pitting his hands in his pockets. 

 

"We're here to make sure you are safe which means wherever you go. We're their too, either beside you, or at a short distance. Or you can be stuck in the witness protection program." 

 

I flinched at the harshness of his tone and shook my head. "I don't want that.-" 

 

"Good." He gave a smile with no warmth. "We're on the same side." 

 

Seokjin sighed. "He's cranky. We have two cases, your kidnapping which you really aren't helping with, and the drug business going down." 

 

I squinted feeling like the just played good cop bad cop on me. 

 

"We would like to officially question you now, so can you get in the car?" 

 

The request sounded more like a demand than a question, so I got in the car before anyone from school could see me. 

 

*** 

 

The station was cold and the interrogation room was colder. 

 

They sat down in front of me, handing me a cup of tea, which I took gratefully rubbing my finger on the side of the steaming cup. 

 

"You aren't in any trouble here." Namjoon reassured. "You're the victim."

 

I frowned. "I'm not a victim and I wasn't kidnapped. I went voluntarily to live with Taehyung because I wanted to get away from my parents." 

 

The more I said it the more I believed it. 

 

Seokjin breathed in patiently. "What's your relationship with Taehyung?" 

 

I bit my lip. "Friends." 

 

"You guys are just friends?" 

 

I nodded. 

 

"And where did you meet him?" 

 

"At the bakery shop 2 blocks down from my school." 

 

He wrote what I said down. 

 

"Taehyung is awake, if you'd like we'll take you to the hospital."

 

I nodded. "Thank you officer." 

 

"Since we're going to be seeing each other a lot... Call me Jin."