Ch. 38

Stockholm Syndrome

Four Years 

"Jeon Jungkook."

As soon as my name was said, I walked out on stage holding my cap from the breeze that would push it off my head.

"Congratulations." The principle of my university handed me the slip of paper confirming my graduation.

In the crowd, I could see my parents beaming happily and cheering. My dad had his camera up filming everything I did. I smiled at them holding up my paper high and shaking my principle's hand firmly.

I eyed Jimin who stood, standing proudly for me and himself in his all-white cap and gown as well. When he saw me, he waved spastically and I couldn't help but laugh and send a wink his way.

The next person was called up and I took my leave walking down the stage but I did a double take before stepping off.

Just for a second, I had thought I saw Taehyung but when I blinked he was gone.

I shook my head. Maybe I was just missing him. I suddenly felt guilty, it been almost a year since I had last seen Taehyung. It was hard, going back and forth between college and visiting him. Every time I did, my mind would be all muzzled. I missed him, and I just wanted to hold him, but this longing I had wouldn't go away.

After a while, I just stopped. Seeing him was painful and I needed to concentrate on my education. Was he mad at me for that?

When the ceremony was over, my parents came and snuggled me into a hug. "My little entrepreneur!" They praised. "Soon you'll be helping us in the shipping business."

I was glad I had made them happy. I majored in Entrepreneurial Studies knowing that either way I'd have to help my parents with a company they single-handedly have been keeping up even though both Taehyung and Yoongi own parts of the company still.

Jimin walked up with the Parks beside him. His sister making fun of his gown, calling it a dress and all. "We're going out for drinks tonight. You want to come?" He asked while our parents were busy catching up.

I wasn't really in the mood but seeing as today we no longer have to go to school, it was a must to celebrate.

I met Jimin with our friends I had met over the four years by the nearest bar to the campus. Kim Yugyeom, a tall lanky bundle of joy with the softest hair ever immediately s his arms around my waist and kissed my neck.

Now I should explain that after I stopped seeing Taehyung, I had noticed Yugyeom had a miniature crush on me.

Short story short: We ended up hooking up, which is probably the real reason I had failed to see Tae anymore. I felt as though I had cheated on him. I mean, I did cheat on him. Technically. 

Yugyeom treated me like I was his boyfriend. We never made it official, and I didn't correct him. It was wrong to use him like this. Accepting his love even though I didn't feel the same way completely.

Jb, Youngjae, and Jimin walked ahead talking about their plans post-graduation.

Yugyeom and I stayed behind, his hand intertwined with mine. "So tonight..." He started slowly... "Can I come to your place? Cause you know, imma be so pissed drunk. I might not be able to walk."

He was joking, Yugyeom doesn't like to drink but I knew he was sliding an invitation and I smiled. "You might be carrying me. You know I can't handle my alcohol."

He squeezed my hand. "I'll make sure you get home safely." 

And he did, with the rest of the night being a blur... I downed basically everything that looked alcoholic. Yugyeom, being the more responsible one, was by my side making sure I didn't do anything stupid until the wee hours of the morning. 

"C,mon, Let's go." He grabbed my hand dragging out the bar. 

I stumbled over my own foot. "Wha- go where?" I slurred. My voice barely sounding like me.

"Home, you reached your limit. You're about to pass out." He chuckled. 

"But... Jimin and J-." I didn't finish seeing as I almost fell but Yugyeom caught me in his strong hold. He picked me up placing me on his back before walking forward to my apartment. I started pecking the side of his neck up to his ear. 

"Jungkook stop." He said slowly. 

I giggled. "What if I don't want to." 

He smirked. "I'd have to punish you then-" 

I shivered at his words feeling some sort of deja vu from them and replied with a lazy groan. By the time we reached my apartment, he fished the keys from my pocket. 

Once the door was opened, I was pushed to the nearest wall. We met in open-mouthed kisses. His hands ghosting the back of my neck. "Do you want this?" He panted. 


I nodded pulling his head towards mine.

"Wait." I said before I could kiss him. Taehyung was standing by the stairs with an apparent frown, I pushed Yugyeom off of me before hunching over and throwing up.