Ch. 29

Stockholm Syndrome

I had an hour before I could be released. My parents were doing the paperwork upstairs and I had just carefully put on my clothes in order to go home when there was a small knock on the door. 

 

"Come in." I said pulling my shirt down covering my bandage completely.

 

Officer Namjoon and Officer Seokjin walked in and I rolled my eyes, not really wanting to deal with them right now. 

 

Officer Namjoon pulled his glasses over his head. "Jungkook, we aren't here to discuss your kidnap which we are certain was done by Kim Taehyung but there isn't any proof at the moment. However, we do need to discuss a drug related case and we think you might help seeing as you are a witness." 

 

I nodded. "I don't know much." 

 

"Tell us what you do know." Officer Seokjin spoke up. 

 

I my lips unaware of how much I should say. 

 

"Taehyung doesn't deal with drug related crimes." I said after a while. 

 

Namjoon and Seokjin both raised a brow. 

 

"Min Yoongi." I said the name reluctantly. I didn't even realize I had said it at first. 

 

"Taehyung's business partner?" Namjoon quizzed. 

 

I nodded. "He's the one that deals with drugs..." 

 

I facepalmed after revealing that in formation. That'll get me killed one day for sure, but anything to keep Tae safe. I was so tempted to throw out my parents name as well, but I needed to ask them face to face. I needed to quiz them first. 

 

"How do you know this?" Jin swept his hair from his face. 

 

I gulped. "He told me... Before I was shot. Maybe he thought his secret would die with me?" 

 

Jin nodded. "Okay, we'll check that out."  

 

"Um... About Tae- is he okay?" 

 

Namjoon looked up at my question. "He's out of surgery last time I checked. His breathing is steady independently, and his heart is okay. However, he hasn't woke up." 

 

"Can I go see him?" 

 

The officer showed me a grim smile. "Maybe another time." 

 

My parents waltzed in sporting brand name clothing and a very hostile attitude. It was weird, for a set of parents who almost lost their child. "What's going on here?" My dad asked in a demanding tone. 

 

"We were simply updating him about the investigation of his kidnapping." Namjoon said coolly. 

 

"Shouldn't you be talking about that with us seeing as we're his parents and he's underage. For all we know, he's scarred and doesn't want to relive that"

 

I rolled my eyes. I was seventeen.

 

Jin bowed down in front of my parents. "Our apologies. We'll remember for next time." 

 

The officers excused themselves from the room. 

 

"Are you ready to go home?" My mom made her way over to me enveloping me in a hug. Then she squeezed me tightly. "I missed you so much my baby." She whispered kissing the top of my head, and I smiled hugging her back. 

 

For a while, I forgot what my parents were supposedly capable of.