Ch. 5

Stockholm Syndrome

A simple cheeseburger was the best thing I have ever tasted. Well after going about three days with no food it is, though I wasn't sure how many days its been exactly.

When he came back, the window was a dull shade of gray and dark blue. I couldn't see out of it which probably meant it was nighttime or something. The fries were the first thing that hit my nose and my stomach grumbled for some attention.

"Sorry I haven't fed you." Taehyung looked guilty but I didn't care, all I wanted was to eat at the moment.

As I ate the burger, medium fries and drank the large coke Taehyung just stared at me with a look of... admiration? I couldn't help but squirm feeling awkward to the fact eyes were on me.

"You're not gonna eat?" I asked after swallowing.

He shook his head with a smile. "I'm fine."

When I was finished, I wiped hands on my pants and muttered a small thank you out of respect. I bowed too... simply out of habit. He put his large hand on my head shaking my hair slightly.

"Tell me something." He puts his hand on his chin.

I look at him, bewildered. "What do I say?"

"Tell me your hobbies, the things you like to do."

I was taken aback. I don't know why to be perfectly honest, though I wasn't sure if this is what a kidnapper normal did with his kidnapee. Is Taehyung going to go psycho and kill me instantly when I get too boring?

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Mine first." His perfectly white teeth were visible through his grin. "We'll alternate..."

"Umm my hobbies are playing video games, I like sports and music. I cook sometimes too" I thought about it a little bit more than shrugged. "That's about it."

He looked at me and motioned with his hands to go on. It was my turn to ask a question.

"How long have I been here?"

He frowned. "Just about three days."

I was right!

"Are you unhappy here?" He asked with a pout. He unknowingly played with his lips with his fingers and I sighed.

"I  just wanna go home, I want my bed and my clothes. I miss my best friend and my girlfriend and my parents-." I ranted, and his eyes darkened.

"Your girlfriend?"

I didn't say anything because his tone was harsh. My girlfriend and I had a couple of bumps in our relationship but I did miss her and talking to her, and calling her and touching her.

"You miss that  that cheated on you." He raised his voice and stood up. "I can treat you much better than her! I won't ever hurt you." Taehyung put one knee on the bed leaning over to me and I retreated back into the headboard shaking with fear.

How the hell did he go from 0 to 100, hella quick? 

"You're right!" I closed my eyes trying to play along. Maybe he won't hurt me. He cocked his head to the side. "You're right, I'm sorry." I put my hands up defensively so he wouldn't hit me.

"I'm sorry for scaring you." Taehyung sighed getting up.

Afterward, he was gone, shutting off the lights and leaving me in darkness again, only this time, a part of the moon shone through the small tight window.