Ch. 37

Stockholm Syndrome

I didn't go to the hearing like Taehyung commanded. Though I heard he had been sentenced 5-10 years.

I tried to visit him as much as I could, but daily visits, turned to weekly visits and those turned to monthly visits. 

I had successfully caught up to all my classwork on time but just barely. It took staying up all night and turning in work and many assignments online to complete that task. 

My parents constantly asked if I had wanted to move back in but I always declined. I was uncomfortable around them, for good reason too, but i always assumed in the future... Maybe I'd get over it. 

Its been almost 3 months since Taehyung was officially jailed. 3 weeks since I have seen him last. I felt lost, like I didn't know what I was doing. In Korea, on this Earth... I felt like I was simply floating in space unaware of anything. 

"I just got another acceptance letter." Jimin scrolled through emails while being sprawled across my couch. 

I bit my lip. "I haven't gotten any yet." 

He sat up and sighed. "Don't worry Kookie. Remember, you applied late... They might've just not gotten them yet." 

I nodded. "Yeah... Nevermind that most students are already ready in there dorms cause the season is about to start." I stated, sarcasm leaking from my voice. 

He frowned at me. His lips forming a small pout with his brows furrowed. 

"I'm sorry." I said guiltly. "I'm just stressed."

He smiled at me accepting my apology. 

"So what school are you going to choose?" 

He shrugged. "Somewhere near you. We can room together." Jimin started playing with his eyebrows making me giggle. 

"I'm going to make ramen." He moved his laptop to the coffee table and went to the kitchen. 

I checked my phone for emails from future colleges when the chime of the doorbell interupped my worrying. 

I slid my phone into my back pocket casually walking to the door and opening it expecting Officers Joon and Jin to be back from the station. 

Instead, I was greeted with a very familiar face. Jung Hoseok. 

He walked in without my permission removing his shoes at the front. "Long time no see huh?" 

"Hey! Who's at the door?" Jimin walked in with his mouth filled with ramen and chopsticks. 

I looked at Hoseok who already stripped himself of his jacket. He smirked eyeing Jimin. 

"I'm Jung Hoseok... Kim Taehyung's personal hitman." He winked, holding out his hand for Jimin to take. 

Jimin's eyes opened wide and he swallowed taking Hoseok's hand gingerly. 

"You shouldn't say things like that." I scolded the older man hitting him slightly. 

He never took his eyes off of Jimin, only watched him intensely. 

"Dude..." Jimin whispered behind me. "Your friend keeps staring." 

I shrugged. "He can hear you you know? He's right there." I walked away from the two. "Is there anything you would like?" 

Hoseok thought about it for a second. "Do you have any alcohol?" 

I shook my head.

"Of course you dont. It doesn't matter, I'm here to report, I found Min Yoongi." 

I rushed over to him. "Really? Where is he." 

Hoseok sighed. "In Busan." 

"Busan... But the cops said he went to..."

Hoseok chuckled. "Those stupid cops can't find their own tails even though its right behind them." 

I frowned. My faith in both Namjoon and Seokjin quickly decreased since they're the ones supposedly protecting me. 

"Don't worry. I'm here I anything goes south." He said almost as if he was reading my mind. 

Hoseok went to the door putting his shoes. "This is for your friend by the way." He handed me a card with the words Jhope on it. In the back... His number.