Ch. 17

Stockholm Syndrome

I put the bowl of Ramen down and stretched out ready to take a nap, when the door busted open.

Taehyung staggered in with dark bruise on his cheek and another cut on his arm. Around his eye was black and puffy and trickles of blood escaped his mouth onto his shirt where more blood stains seemed to have dried. 

"What the happened?" I ran up to him cupping his face gently inspecting most of the bruises. 

He didn't say anything and I helped him towards the bed and walked to the bathroom for the first aid kit I had seen earlier underneath the cabinet. Within seconds I was back to his side. 

"Tae what happened?" 

He just smiled at me, pure adoration in his eyes. "You called me Tae." 

I rolled my eyes taking out a miniature bottle of rubbing alcohol and peroxide. 

I poured the alcohol in a white rag also provided from the box, mostly because it stung more, and gently dabbed his face. 

Taehyung winced holding in a breath and I stopped raising my eyebrows. I lifted his arms up for him and pulled off his shirt gasping at the nasty blue and purple bruises shaped the sizes of fists. Someone got to Taehyung and I wasn't sure if I wanted to know who. 

"Just..." 

I pulled my hair. I wasn't exactly sure what to do in his situation and Taehyung seemed to be thinking extremely hard. His face was etched into a frown and his brows creased intensely. 

I stood in front of him with the rag in my hand unsure of what to do. His hands were balled up into fists. 

His phone laid on the bed next to him and I took it looking at him. He didn't seem to protest when I swiped it looking through the contacts for a specific name. 

Hobi

It dialed for a couple of rings before someone picked up. 

"Baby?" Hoseok's voice was deeper over the phone though I almost threw up for his greeting to Taehyung. 

"Its Jungkook." I said flatly. 

"Oh. What happened?"

I looked at thean on the bed. "Its Taehyung. He came home all bruised and broken. I don't know what happened." 

"Oh ." I heard some shuffling. "I'll be there, its okay. The less you know the better." 

I narrowed my eyes. How do you kidnap me and then not tell me any of the that might get you both killed and leave me alone in a basement to starve to death. 

"Lets get you in a bath yea?" 

That was all I could think of. Whenever I had bruises from practice, they'd place ice on a bruise but I'd go home and soak in a warm bath. 

In the bathtub, I made the temperature right enough and then waited until it filled up. Taehyung. still hadn't uttered a word which left me to carry him to the bathtub. 

"Thank you." He finally stated. 

I just nodded. "you have to take off your clothes."

"Can you do it for me?" 

He didn't look like he was joking or making a ual joke. He looked tired and beaten down. I just nodded again. 

My hands made their was to his pants pulling them down slightly. I dont know why I was shaking so much. His gaze was on the wall and I closed one eye pulling down the base of his underwear until they were clean off. 

"Okay." I smiled, trying not to sound cheerful and not eye his body. 

Taehyung stepped in. Pain written clearly on his face and I felt pity on his behalf. 

I wondered who would've done such a thing. 

I kneeled down beside the bath tub watching him intensely. He wasn't talking, it wasn't like him. He wasn't even here and then the weirdest thing happened. 

He started screaming. Straight up screeching the word stop repeatedly. 

"Tae!" I tried to snap him out of it. 

Screaming didn't work so I did the best next thing. I slapped him, harder than I had liked too. 

It seemed to work because Taehyung returned to normal. staring at me with widened eyes. "I'm sorry." He whispered pulling his knees to his chest and crying in them. 

Before I could say anything, Hoseok walked through the door. 

"Oh God. Is he okay?" 

I shrugged not really knowing the answer myself. 

"I got it from here." He ushured me out the door and closing it behind him. I flinched feeling left out and looked around for Taehyung's phone which wasn't on the bed anymore. 

I got mad at myself. 

I had his phone in my hands which I had used to call Hoseok. In that moment I could've called the cops or my parents or Jimin or whoever.  

I could've gotten out of here. It was my only chance and I blew it.