Ch. 18

Stockholm Syndrome

Hoseok helped Taehyung upstairs and then came back down. He scratched the back of his head. 

 

"Sorry about that." 

 

I shrugged not really knowing what to say. 

 

"He tends to get these... flashbacks. They're pretty vivid." 

 

Flashbacks? 

 

"What happened to him?" 

 

I asked Hoseok finally hoping for a legit answer. 

 

The man sighed. 

 

"Do you know Tae's occupation?"

 

I shook my head and squinted my eyes. I've seen him go to work before, though I've never asked or acknowledged what his job was. 

 

"He's CEO of a shipping company. How do I say this? 

 

Well part CEO. This company has joint ownership. Lets say Family A. Family B. And Family C." 

 

I nodded taking in this information. 

 

"Family B had smuggled in some Illegal business with Family C without telling Family A. When Family A found out a huge confrontation went down.  

 

Family A threatened to report the others to officials and Family B took matters into their own hands and created Bloodshed to keep their name." 

 

My mind had put two and two together. "Family A is Tae's..." 

 

Hoseok nodded "They came in and murdered Taehyung's mom and dad, sisters and brothers. They forgot him though, and he saw it all." 

 

My heart broke for a second. 

 

"Taehyung is going after them, kind of for revenge and Justice." 

 

I shivered remembering that phone call where he told Hoseok to 'kill them", and his subtle words. "They'll pay." 

 

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I personally would have done in that situation, but oddly enough I was less afraid of Taehyung, he wasn't a bad person. He was scarred. 

 

In the middle of the night, I felt Tae crawl into my bed. I sighed in relief when his body pressed against mine and an arm snakes around my chest. A smile reached my lips. 

 

"Jungkook?" 

 

I hummed to signal I was awake. 

 

"I'm sorry about today... I didn't want you to see this side of me." 

 

I frowned. It was his most vulnerable side. "Its okay." 

 

"Were you scared?"

 

"Yea, a bit." I answered truthfully. 

 

He didn't answer but only held me tighter as if I would dissappear. 

 

I turned around to face him. His feature slightly hidden into the darkness from my eyesight. I put my finger on his face delicately, it was almost as if I was afraid of breaking him. 

 

I pressed a soft lingering kiss to his lips. "It's okay to cry." I whispered. "I know you're just as scared as me. What you're doing is dangerous and you can get hurt." 

 

I didn't know what I was saying truthfully. Taehyung kissed me and turned around, his back now facing me. 

 

I wasn't sure if I should talk some more or let it be, and eventually I ended up hugging him for comfort.