Ch. 31

Stockholm Syndrome

I decided to sit on the couch opposite of them so that way eye contact had to be made. But they didn't look me in the eyes, they looked down in shame. 

 

"We never wanted to be apart of it, but we didn't have a choice." 

 

I urged them to continue and my mother swallowed. "The Mins thought it would be a great idea to start shipping drugs through the company on the side... We didn't like the idea but he was too far gone." 

 

"Did you try reasoning with him?" 

 

My father shook his head. "He was power obsessed." 

 

I frowned. "Where were Tae's family?" 

 

"They were on vacation at the time, we had to hold the company together until they got back. But they came back earlier than expected and found some documents... They threatened to shut down the Mins business that we were helping with." 

 

"So you killed them!?" I raised my voice. 

 

"It wasn't supposed to go that way! They convinced us we were simply going to talk to them... I didn't know they were going to start killing." 

 

"You didn't take part?" I asked. 

 

"No!" My mom finally looked at me. Her eyes pleading for me to understand. "We were too shocked to intervene. We didn't know that Taehyung was left behind." 

 

I frowned again. 

 

"We had you when Yoongi and Taehyung would've been 10. We knew we didn't want you in that life so we hid it from you, only participated from behind the scenes." 

 

"But you could've stopped it and brought the Mins down." I persuaded. 

 

"No. Taehyung came back and took revenge, him and Yoongi started a war." 

 

"Why do they want us?" I asked remembering Yoongi's words. 

 

"Why do you think Taehyung captured you in the first place. It was a message to your parents to stop hiding like little es." 

 

"They want us to pick a side." My father said breathlessly. 

 

I nodded taking in all the information in standing up. "I want to live on my own." 

 

They stood up as well, my mother said 'what' the same time my father said 'absolutely not.' 

 

"I'm old enough to make my own decisions." I argued. "I can't trust you both, I'm not even sure if you're telling the truth." 

 

They both looked offended.

 

"They might come for us all. I think its safer if we separate..." I continued and thought about telling them that I'm going to be homeschooled but I decided not to. 

 

"We dont like this idea of yours." 

 

"Maybe if you had warned me before hand I would've been more careful not to have been kidnapped." I snapped. "Just think about it. I'm going to bed." 

 

I got up walking up the stairs to bed.