Ch. 11

Stockholm Syndrome

A week passed. Well, I think a week passed.

Taehyung hasn't come down much except to ask if I had eaten. I feel like he's trying to fatten me up so he can cook me and eat me.

He's obviously the witch from Hanzel and Gretel.

I was laying on the bed eating grapes Taehyung had left in the fridge for me when the latch on the door opened.

"Speaking of the witch." I thought aloud without bothering to look up.

"Who's a witch?" An unfamiliar voice spoke making my head snap up.

I was greeted with a tall man. His hair was a light shade of brown which parted slightly on the right side exposing his forehead a little bit.

He looked young, around his mid-twenties and was wearing all black. Shades covered his eyes but he wore a sly smirk.

I moved back against the headboard unable to speak.

He walked towards me, removing the shades. I didn't even dare to breathe.

"You're his dog he has chained down here?" He laughed. "Taehyung has good taste." He brought his hand up to touch me and I slapped his hand away.

"Fiesty one." He picked up a grape and ate it.

"Who are you?" I folded my arms.

"Me? I'm Tae's boyfriend."

My head snapped up. "Boyfrie-."

"I'm just kidding." He laughed. "Tae doesn't feel for me the way I feel for him. He likes you."

I felt an unwanted pride rush through me. Immediately, I hated how mushy I got. "He's a dangerous criminal that I want nothing to do with."

The guy laughed and whispered. "He's kind enough to have with me. The good kind. I've been preoccupying him all week, so he asked me to check on you."

I clicked my tongue. What a , sending his mutt to check up on me.

"You're alive and well. I can tell him that now." He eyed me before walking towards the stairs. "I'm Jung Hoseok by the way."

He left me with a bad taste in my mouth. He called Taehyung 'Tae'. I frowned. Did he like him? I shouldn't care. 

Another week had passed. I think it was a week. I haven't seen Taehyung at all I thought maybe he died or was arrested.

I was eating the last apple from the fridge when the door latched open.

Taehyung walked down and I let out a sigh of relief. Without thinking, I ran forward and hugged him tightly wrapping my arms around him.

He laughed. "I never thought I'd see you hugging me." Taehyung used a finger and lifted up my chin forcing my gaze to meet his.

He leaned down and closed his eyes. Then, I realized he was about to kiss me.

I moved out the way before he did pulling out if his grasp and pushing him backward. "Where were you the past two weeks?"

Taehyung shrugged. "I was staying at a friends house, I was busy."

I scoffed. "Hoseok?"

He didn't look surprised. "Hobi was very helpful the past week."

"Bet he was a good ," I muttered under my breath.

I turned to walk to the bed but was yanked back immediately into Taehyung's arms. "I could you if you'd like."

I pushed him off yet again. "No."

He chuckled darkly. "I'm just here to drop off some things." He turned to the fridge placing lord knows what in there and I noticed something I didn't see before.

Down his arm from behind was a huge scar. It was puffed up, raised. As if it was recent, and my heart dropped. "Where did you get that?"

"Huh?"

I pointed to his arm.

"I just met an old friend." He smiled waving me off. "We got into a fight and he pulled out a switchblade."

I narrowed my eyes. "If you die and I get left here I swear to God."

"Don't worry Hobi will release you."

I frowned. I didn't want that chicken being with me.

"I'd like some books." I changed the subject.

"Which genre?"

"Um... Sci-fi mostly alternate universe. And movies too. Same genre plus action."

"Oh ok." He laughed. "You're really cute."

I looked down blushing. "And horror films..."

He winked at me. "I'll be back."