Ch. 20

Stockholm Syndrome

I felt many emotions. I didn't understand how this man could simply turn my hate for him into L-. 

 

I stopped myself. No way, I was about to say I love Taehyung. I don't hate him, but, but to love him? Me loving another man? That was weird and way wrong, but it wasn't uncommon in Korea anymore. Unaccepted, yes. I mean, I wasn't even sure of my own uality anymore.

 

He had taken me to this large building. I didn't know which building it was and I didn't bother to ask. He had taken me to a rooftop. It looked like a huge unfinished house, there was so much empty space but what was so stunning was the view. 

 

Below, was the whole city. Maybe not the whole thing, but it looked colossal.  My heart had skipped a beat as the street lights twinkled together creating a beautiful canvas. 

 

I was overwhelmed at this euphoric scene of something bigger than me. Greater than me. I had forgotten about Taehyung for a great deal of seconds until his arms wrapped around my waist in a hug from behind. 

 

He pulled our bodies closer. I could feel his chin against my neck. "Its beautiful right?" He whispered in my ear. 

 

I nodded closing my eyes and shivered smelling his signiture scent.

 

"Look up." He said.

 

I raised my head. The sky was directly above us twinkling even brighter than the street. I was astonished. "Its beautiful." I murmured mostly to myself. 

 

I hadn't known when I became so soft and why but the feeling was great. I reached my hand up as though I could touch the sky. 

 

"I love you." Taehyung said kissing my cheek. 

 

I turned around hugging him, my face  in his chest. "Thank you for taking me out." I grabbed his cheeks in my hand pulling his face to mine kissing him softly. 

 

I sighed in content and turned around looking up at the sky a little more. I could tell Tae's eyes were on me, I could feel it. His kisses pressed against my neck as soft as whispers. 

 

"I love you so much." He kissed my neck again. "Don't ever forget that."

 

I nodded. "We can go now." 

 

"You sure?" 

 

I leaned up and kissed him to reassure him of my answer. 

 

"We can go to a restaurant or something?" 

 

"Really?" My voice raised higher than I expected. 

 

He nodded carresing my cheek. "Yeah. Somewhere fancy?"

 

I've never been any where like that except for on holidays like Christmas, or Mothers day... Its always the same. 

 

"Aren't you worried people would see me? What about my clothes..." 

 

"Shh. Its okay. Nowhere fancy then." He chuckled. "let's go." 

 

He laced our fingers together and pulled me with him down the steps until we reached his car. 

 

*** 

 

Where we had went seemed like a regular Korean store. We sat in the back and had dinner talking about everything. I smiled and laughed a lot, but mostly I was happy about Taehyung looking so young and content as well.

 

The ride back home took over an hour and I believe I was drained by the time we got to his house.

 

Next thing I knew I was dozing off, so he picked me up bridal style and carried me to bed.