Ch. 21

Stockholm Syndrome

I stretched when I woke up squinting my eyes from the blinding light. Blinding light? I looked over to see a window. 

 

I gasped and rushed over to it. The sun showered down on me, warming every inch of my body. I looked down finding myself in nothing but Taehyung's shirt which seemed to be oversized but I didn't mind. 

 

I looked around and upon realization i thought Holy I'm in his bedroom. I walked into the grand bathroom to find an extra toothbrush laid out. While brushing my teeth my eyebrows furrowed. Where was Taehyung anyways? 

 

His room was fairly big and so was his bathroom for some reason. I looked around snooping through his drawers. I don't know what I was searching for exactly, but maybe this would help me understand Taehyung a lot more. 

 

I opened his closet and wow his closet was big. And for what reason? I smiled just noticing he liked shoes. He had multiple brand names shoes at the very bottom that lined up. His shirts were separated by color and towards the end, his sweaters and jackets. 

 

I looked at his dressers smiling at the expensive cologne lined up. And next to it... A picture of his family. 

 

I set the frame down and sighed looking around. Where else I could snoop? I got on my knees and checked underneath the bed to find a lone dark box towards the pposite side. 

 

I stretched my arms to the back and pulled it over to me feeling accomplished. But when I opened it, i felt my whole face flushed velvet. 

 

I was a box of... toys. But I'm not exactly sure they're all his. Buttplugs, s, handcuffs? 

 

I quickly closed the box and threw them underneath the bed. I started to feel hot as my imagination ran. What if he used those on me... and simply watched. I shook my head and rubbed my aching cheeks. That's enough snooping for today. 

 

I walked to the door slowly and unopened it, peeking my head out listening for any sign of Taehyung. Nothing.

 

I tiptoed into the hall and down the stairs frowning when he wasn't anywhere. He must've went to work. I didn't bother checking other rooms and directly walked down the stairs shivering from the cold tile on my feet. 

 

I looked around again. His house was so big! I found myself in the kitchen, and on the granite counter was a sheet of paper labeled, JK, in perfect cursive handwriting. 

 

I had to appear at work today however, I made you breakfast which is in the microwave and coffee is in the kettle if you want... I love you.

 

Signed with a T. My heart fluttered from thoughtful actions. I pushed the sleeves of the shirt up to prevent sweater paws and warmed up the microwave. 

 

*** 

 

Traveling the house was kind of difficult and I ended up walking into a library room. From that point on, I didn't particularly care about the rest of the house. 

 

The bookshelves rose taller than me. Dust covering most of the room and a large window leading out to a balcony. It was beautiful. I gathered a couple a books in my hand and retraced my steps leading back into Tae's room. 

 

After hours of reading, I heard a car engine die. Curiously, I got off his bed and went to the window looking out. Taehyung had closed his car door and used the key to lock it. 

 

Nerves of excitement ran through me but I stayed put waiting until he came up. I returned to the book until the door opened revealing Taehyung in a fitted navy blue suit and tie. "You stayed?" He smiled. 

 

I shrugged looking down. "I didn't think of escaping." 

 

He came over to me and kissed me. "I was scared, I thought you would leave me." 

 

"I'm not leaving." I whispered into his chest. 

 

Taehyung moved away from me and undid the tie from his neck. "What do you want for dinner I'll cook?" I shrugged again. 

 

When I looked up Taehyung was fully facing from me. A blush coated my cheeks and I couldnt help but stare at the curves in his back and the perfect structure of it all. He was beautiful. 

 

"I'm taking a shower okay?" He said before disappearing into the bathroom.