Ch. 27

Stockholm Syndrome

Waking up in a hospital room was confusing. I had jolted awake and stiffened remembering certain events.

 

I coughed weakly trying to sit up but felt the pain burning into my stomach. My hand reactively went to my stomach. 

 

"Junkook?" 

 

"Tae-?" I asked opening my eyes. 

 

In his place were my parents,and though their eyes were filled with concern and relief. They held each other like any normal parents would and I squinted my eyes relinquishing the new information. They were not normal, and they helped kill Tae's family. 

 

"Here drink this." My dad grabbed the cup of water next to the dresser beside my hospital bed handing it in my direction. 

 

I eyed it suspiciously for a couple of seconds before struggling to lift it to my mouth. 

 

"You were out for two days." My mom spoke grabbing my hand. Slowly, I recoiled from her touch. "You've been gone for  six months. We were worried sick." She sniffed blinking away tears that I wasn't sure were genuine.

 

I was only worried for Taehyung if he was alive or not... I eyed my parents whether I should tell them anything or not. "What happened-?" I asked. 

 

There was a knock from the opened hospital door and there stood two officers standing side by side. "May we come in?" 

 

My mother nodded moving aside. 

 

The officer looked to me and smiled lightly. "Hello Jeon Jungkook?" I nodded warily. He smiled again. "I'm officer Kim Namjoon and this is my partner Kim Seokjin we'd like to ask you a few questions." 

 

My heart skipped a beat and I nodded again. Slowly this time. Namjoon walked in, his hair lightly painted  brown and swept back, he had this confidence about him that intimidated me. 

 

His partner, Office Seokjin walked in, same confidence and basically scanned the room. He eyed my parents curiously and turned his attention back to me. 

 

"Do you know this person?" He lifted up a picture of Taehyung and my heart skipped a beat. 

 

"Tae... Is he okay?" 

 

Namjoon's face morphed into confusion. "Kim Taehyung? He's in surgery right now..." 

 

So he was alive. I sighed in relief. 

 

"Excuse me but isn't this the man that kidnapped you?" Officer Seokjin spoke up. 

 

My heart skipped a beat and I shook my head quickly. "N-no." I lied. I didn't want Taehyung to get in trouble. 

 

Officer Namjoon sat down beside the hospital bed. He took his hand in mine. "Its okay now Jungkook, he can't hurt you anymore." 

 

I ripped my hand from the cop. "He didn't kidnap me." I defended. "I went voluntarily." 

 

Officer Seokjin raised a brow taking out a notebook. "You went... Voluntarily?" 

 

I nodded and swallowed feeling sick. "C-can I sleep now?" 

 

Namjoon sat up looking at his partner. "Of course, sorry to bother you." 

 

They exited the room leaving me to my thoughts. I didn't realize that my parents had left during the officer's interview. The only noise was the beeping noise of the moniter beside me.