Ch. 9

Stockholm Syndrome

"Here."

A portable radio was set beside my bed.

"I also have more."

Taehyung ran upstairs and came back down carrying a large box dropping it right in front of me. I almost laughed how it resembled a dog dropping a bone in front of his master. Yet, I'm the one stuck in the doghouse.

There were different pots, a kettle, pans, plates, cups, and bowls. I gave him a questioning look.

"So you can cook." He urged. "There might be days I won't be here to feed you."

I looked down and swallowed. He was gonna leave me? I hated him with almost every fiber of my being... but I don't want to be alone.

"I'll get you ramen or something."

"Thank you," I muttered.

Taehyung looked at me with a bright smile. "Anytime."

I felt that deep down Taehyung was a good person. He wouldn't do anything to harm me or others. He was probably a broken boy that needed company, and love.

Then I almost slapped myself. Why was I sticking up for this monster? He doesn't love me, or others.

"I want to go outside!" I declared.

Taehyung gave me a look. "Why, aren't you happy here?"

"How long have I been here?"

"Two weeks."

I pushed away from the box with my foot and stood up off the bed. "I haven't seen anything besides this room for the past two weeks. I need to go the coffee shop and the gym and..."

"I'll make a gym in the room, and bring a coffee maker." Taehyung shot back.

"NO!" I shouted. "I want to go home. I need to see Jimin."

Taehyung's eyes hardened. "I am your home now." He turned around stomping up the stairs. I heard the door slam shut and I kicked the wall beside me.

I screamed for a long time. I cursed him out, kicked the wall. I screamed for help, I screamed apologies, and after a while, I wasn't even sure he was home. 

The radio stood beside me mocking me. I turned it on to fill the haunting silence that was cracking me, and to my delight, I found a channel with music I liked.

I laid down on the bed with my eyes closed enjoying that old feeling again and for a second I was back at home.

Jimin sat on the hood of his car. We were parked in the grassy area near the cheerleading tryouts. "Why are you dating Wu." He put a lollipop in his mouth.

I raised my eyebrow. "Kiana?"

Jimin nodded moving his red hair out of his face. "Yea I don't like her. She has a history with most of the guys at this school."

I thought of her once and smiled. "I bet she's a pretty nice girl."

Jimin got off of his hood and I can tell he was eying his sister's performance in disgust. "Those skirts are too short. I damn well know she isn't walking around the school like that."

I looked at Kiana ignoring Jimin's sister beside her. "She looks fine." I insisted.

Jimin followed my gaze and smirked. "I hope she doesn't cheat on you." He sat in the driver's seat and waited for me.

"Tell Kiana to drop off my sister or something if we don't come back in time I want to get food."

The memory faded like a nice dream. Then I heard my name. I opened my eyes thinking Taehyung was back, but it came from the radio.

I quickly turned the volume up. 

"Police are still determining the whereabouts of Jeon Jungkook and how he disappeared.

He was last seen at a party thrown by his best friend Park Jimin, where he had a heated argument with his girlfriend, Kiana Wu.

Police are also determining. whether he had something to do with her death. She was found strangled to death in her bedroom..."

I didn't hear the rest. I didn't want to hear the rest. There was no doubt Taehyung killed my girlfriend.