Ch. 33

Stockholm Syndrome

Seeing Taehyung with all the tubes on him was frightening. He looked pale, unnatural and I was worried to no end running to his side immediately taking ahold of his cold fingers. 

 

"We'll leave you two alone." Jin said pushing Namjoon out the doorway closing it behind them. 

 

"Baby?" I warmed his fingers in my hands to see him move. 

 

"Kookie?" He coughed, sitting up flinching from his wounds. 

 

"Its okay just rest. You don't have to stand up." I brought his hand to my lips kissing them repeatedly. 

 

He chuckled slightly moving his hand out of my grasp to cup my face. His thumb ran along my lip down to my chin, and tears I didn't even know I had ran down my cheek. "I'm so happy you're alive." I whispered. 

 

He gave me a pained smile. His tousled hair in many directions. "I am too, I love you." 

 

I sniffed. "I love you more." I stood up leaning over to give him a kiss which he pulled me into, cupping my face like it was our last. 

 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you the real reason I took you-.." 

 

I cut him off with another kiss. I didn't want to hear it and I was afraid of Officer Namjoon hearing it as well. "Let's not mention that." 

 

He frowned but nodded. "I can only think about you kookie. I love you so much, and I ruined your life..." He rambled. 

 

"I know, its okay now, you need to get better." I eyed his bandages.

 

He pulled me closer by my hair and kissed me passionately. "I'm sorry." He whispered before a knock interrupted our moment. 

 

I pulled away reluctantly to see both officers coming in. "Its been 10 minutes and we need to get you home before your parents cause a fit." 

 

I gave Tae one last smile before following the cops out of the building to their car. 

 

"What's your relationship with Kim Taehyung?" Jin asked again once we were in the patrol car. 

 

"We're just friends." I mumbled. 

 

*** 

 

My mom hugged me when I came home spouting some nonsense about warning her before I stay out late again. 

 

It was 8 when I walked in but she stopped seeing the police officers behind me. 

 

"What a surprise?" She coughed. "Did Jungkook do anything wrong?" Her grip on me tightened. 

 

Jin smiled, and I noticed he was the softer one. The one who was more compatible to talk to. "No. Jungkook had given some information involving an important case, we're simply here for his safety." 

 

My mom frowned. "Oh." 

 

"We won't be in your way, we'll just be outside in the squad car." He reassured her. 

 

"It's okay." My mom smiled again. "Jungkook had requested her had his own apartment and live independently. We're going to fulfill that as soon as possible."