Ch. 1

Stockholm Syndrome

The day I met Kim Taehyung was a day like any other. I had said goodbye to my best friend who lived a block away from my complex. We always parted at this intersection and walked the rest of the distance our separate ways.

His name was Park Jimin and though I hated him sometimes, I learned how much I really missed him later on.

I needed to stop because I had the usual craving for some iced milk tea and cookies. Something that wasn't irregular to my routine considering I've done it hundreds of times.

The door chimed as I walked in the bakery, my backpack bouncing behind me. The usual cashier on a typical Monday morning stood behind the counter flashing his fake gummy smile to older customers.

"Jungkook." He waved at me when our eyes met.

"Yoongi," I said with matching enthusiasm. He rung up another customer while I went to the refrigerator and picked up milk tea walking to the counter. "A chocolate cookie please." I smiled again.

He raised an eyebrow. "Just one?"

I looked down and blushed. "Maybe two, or three," I whispered the last part.

Yoongi chuckled and slid on a pair of gloves grabbing three cookies and putting them in a plastic bag. "1.75 Won."

I pulled out my wallet, paid him with 2.00 Won and let him keep the change.  I didn't give him time to bag my items because I picked up my things and turned around opening my milk tea and taking a sip. Yep, the good stuff. I swallowed and then continued to walk to the front door where I happened to bump into a larger man.

"Excuse me." The man said.

I held on to my items tight so as to not drop anything, but part of my milk tea spilled on his clothes which seemed to be a perfect scenario describing my natural luck.

"I'm sorry." I stuttered quickly closing the cap on my drink.

My eyes trailed up the man's body, until they reached his piercing brown eyes. He fixed his suit and looked me up and down before wiping the white stain which dried pretty quickly.

"No worries." His smile reached his eyes. "Are you okay?" His attitude lightened.

I looked down at my occupied hands. "I'm perfectly fine. Hyung."

"I'm Taehyung." He stuck out his hands but retracted them upon realizing my own we're full. "Do you need me to buy you another drink?"

"Um no." I said in the most polite way possible. "I really must be going home now. Again, sorry about you clothes." I put my hands together and bowed
pushing past the man and continued my walk home.

Ever since that day, I saw Taehyung more often than not. But they were always little encounters. For example, the second time I saw him.

I was walking home on Friday afternoon. Jimin didn't appear at school so that day had been a drag. I was walking in a glum slow pace when a red frisbee stopped right at my foot. I looked down at it and thought, if I walked any farther I would've been hurt for sure.

Within seconds, a golden retriever ran towards me snatching up the Frisbee but instead of going back, it barked at me. I stepped back half afraid of this awkward encounter.

"Sorry about that." I heard someone say. I looked up to see a familiar face jogging towards me. I squinted and those chocolate brown locks pulled back from a bandana was what helped me connect the man to Taehyung from the bakery.

"Hey." He said, squinting like he remembered me too.

His attire was a plain white tee hugging his body tightly with some jeans. It was so casual I couldn't believe the duality of the man I saw just four days earlier. I suddenly realized I still hadn't spoken yet.

"Hello, Hyung." I said respectfully gripping my backpack tightly. 

"Taehyung." He reminded me.

"Taehyung." I nodded trying out his name on my tongue for the first time.

"And you are...?" He leaned down removing the frisbee from his dog's jaws and rubbing the top of his head.

"Jeon Jungkook." I responded quickly.

He nodded. "Nice to see you again, Jungkook." He said and within seconds he was gone like he appeared.

I'd see him after school often and we talked. Though I didn't exactly get close with the stranger that kept appearing, I didn't receive the vibe he was dangerous either.

And I definently didn't expect for him to kidnap me.

That night I left Jimin's house because I was a little tipsy. His parents weren't home so he threw one of the biggest parties of our year. I didn't plan on drinking, mostly because I had a track meet the next day, but my girlfriend was grinding up against Jackson Wang. Our school's quarterback.

I wanted to intervene, trust me. Though I didn't want her to believe I was commanding and telling her what to do. Her actions were making me jealous, but I stood at the side seething in anger. It wasn't until I saw her grab his waist and pull him forwards connecting their lips when I decided to open the beer cans and down them.

Once I felt bold enough I punched that er square in the jaw for messing with my girl. Then I dumped her in front of everyone more or less. Jimin pulled me back And calmed me down, but I couldn't chill.

"I'm going outside." I muttered, before picking myself up and leaving the party.

The cold air felt nice and I repeatedly ran my hands through my hair. Was she cheating on me this whole time? Her red/orange hair and green eyes flashed into my mind. She wasn't Korean, she was born in England but given up for adoption at a young age. The fact that she was different made her beautiful to me, but she must've not felt the same.

I kicked a rock beside me and cursed.

"Easy there fella." A familiar voice spoke to me in the dark. I looked up and Taehyung was fully in view dressed all in black. He looked like he was taking a late night jog.

"Sorry Hyung." I answered.

He nodded and waved me off. "You're perfectly fine."

I shrugged but didn't answer.

I hear him sigh. "You're cute, you know?"

I was taken aback by the bluntness of his statement. "What?" 

He moved behind me and held my waist. Though I tried desperately to push him off, I wasn't sure how to react. When I opened my mouth to scream for help he muffled my attempts with his hand.

"Shh." He sprayed something in front of me and I inhaled it accidentally not aware of the toxic elements of the spray.

"Wait." I tried to protest but everything went black.

***

I blinked unable to remember most events from last night. My head throbbed slightly whenever I moved so I went to rub my eyes.

Cuffs linked to my wrists haulted my actions and I was awake in a cold sweat within seconds. I was chained to a bed, fully clothed thank God.

"You're awake." Taehyung's voice forced me to look up.

I swallowed. "Let me go." I tried to sound demanding and unafraid. A slight quiver in my voice betrayed me.

"I can't do that." The man above me came closer. His features fully in view. I started to notice the tiny birthmarks on his skin.

"Why not?" I gave up on sounding brave.

"Because Jungkook." His hands caressed the hanging strand of hair in my face pulling it back. "I love you."

Yayyyy my vkook story. Im excited and happy for it.  
~Z