The Welcome Party

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hmm Team Leader Kwon, you haven't told me why we're here…”

Sakura and Eunbi were inside of a mall, in the heart of Dongdaemun, Seoul. They have been walking through three various stores, a jewelry store, a clothing store and a bookstore. Now they are going into a winter attire store. Sakura is still unsure why they are there.

Eunbi glanced at her briefly, “A client asked us to design something for couples, and now we are here doing a research. We need to know what is trendy these days, and use that information for our client. You can basically find anything here in Dongdaemun; it’s a fashion district in Seoul.”

Sakura nodded, “So… we are going to design a couple item?”

Eunbi nodded, “Yeah. That's why I’m bringing you along.”

“What does that mean-

A young man came to them with a welcoming smile, “Hello! Is there anything I can help you two lovely ladies with?”

The team leader replied, “We are looking for something to match this season, something subtle yet it’s a statement that we’re a couple.”

The man looked at them for a while and then mouthed, “Oh.”

“Are you two… a couple?” he asked.

Sakura looked at him, dumbfounded.

“Yes, we are.” Eunbi suddenly replied.

She slid her left arm with the younger girl’s right arm and linked it together.

Sakura was shocked and her cheeks slightly flushed. She was not expecting such friendly gestures from her superior, more over on her first day.

“Well, the trendy couple items this winter season are things like couple jackets or gloves.” He suggested.

He took them to the jacket section, obviously showing them the expensive ones, hoping to get high sales.

“Some of our jackets came in sets too! So you can buy two with great savings!” He said as she showed them two yellow winter down jackets.

“These are our bestselling item this season!”

The jackets were bright yellow and it kind of look like the types motorcyclist wore at night to avoid being hit. The glow in the dark ones. Eunbi wonders if it glows at night. And she, being someone who’s very particular about fashion, can’t help but showed her distaste.

Eunbi shook her head, “It’s okay; we’ll look at these on our own. We’ll call you if we need anything, thank you.”

“Let’s go dear,” she said, dragging Sakura’s hand along.

“I’m not sure if those are jackets or ducks costumes,” Eunbi mumbled.

Sakura chuckled, “I think my roommate will like that jacket. She’s a duck.”

“Your roommate is a duck?”

“But in human form.”

“Sounds like an interesting person.”

“She is.”

They continued walking towards the accessories area. Sakura took a pair of knitted gloves. It was red with a bit of white and a shape of a reindeer on the palm side.

“Team Leader, what do you think about this?”

Eunbi stared at the gloves in horror before shaking her head repeatedly, “What the heck are you holding? Put that back! Are you dating a grandma?”

Sakura reluctantly put the gloves back, sincerely thinking it was a nice design.

“Hey Kkura, come here,” the older girl called.

“What is it, Miss Kwon?”

Eunbi was holding a pink scarf.

“What do you think?”

“Ooh it’s nice.”

“Okay, stay still.”

Eunbi put the scarf around Sakura’s neck and moved closer to wrap it nicely around her neck. Sakura just stood still and let her team leader wrapping her up like a present.

“Look,” she said, asking her to turn to the mirror.

Sakura saw herself in the mirror, looking extra stylish with just the addition of the scarf alone. Her white furry winter jacket suddenly looked like it is from a designer brand.

“Oh, it’s really… something else,” she said, impressed.

“Scarfs are subtle, they are easy to wear and you can remove it if you want. I think it is perfect. And you look beautiful… wearing it.”

“But you said it’s a couple item, why am I the only one wearing it?”

Eunbi smiled, “Oh then maybe you should pick one for me. The same design, but different color.”

“How about blue?” Sakura asked, as she picked up a blue scarf.

“Wow, how did you know my favourite color is blue?”

“No way, seriously?”

Eunbi nodded, “Now put it on me.”

Sakura moved closer and wrapped the scarf around Eunbi’s neck. Sakura noticed her smell is different today, it’s something like vanilla. Their eyes met briefly, but Sakura quickly break her gaze. It was awkward.

They stood in front of the mirror together, admiring their scarves.

“Wow we actually look good as a couple, don’t you think so?” Eunbi asked candidly.

Sakura dodged answering that with her awkward laugh. She wished she could pretend not to understand Korean sometimes.

“Let’s buy these.”

“What?”

 

**

 

Kang Hyewon scanned the office’s café for someone. It was lunch hour and the place is filled with employees from the building. She walked around with her tray of food until she found someone she was looking for. She was eating alone at one of the tables there, completely unaware that people around her were looking at her.

“Konbawa Saku-chan!” she greeted cheerfully.

“Oh Hyewon! Hi!”

“Can I sit with you?”

“Sure! I was supposed to eat with Juri but it seems like she’s stuck with her boss, and probably going to miss lunch.”

Hyewon sits in front of Sakura, joining her for lunch.

“Juri is an intern for Team 1, isn’t it? Poor her.”

“Why would you say so?”

“Their Team Leader, Park Haeyoon is notorious for being bossy and very nitpicking. People who works under her mostly would not last a year. They usually begged to change department or rather quit the job altogether.”

“It’s gonna be really hard for Juri...”

Hyewon nodded, “Yeah, and you’re lucky that you’re with us, Saku-chan! Our team leader is the best.”

“Miss Kwon?”

Hyew

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter