The Mistletoe

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyewon, can you help check my survey questions?” Sakura asked to her colleague.

“Of course,” Hyewon took the papers from Sakura’s hand and flipped through it.

Sakura stood by her friend’s desk, patiently waiting for her to proofread her work.

“Miss Kwon asked me to submit it by today, and I’m not sure if this is good enough,” Sakura added.

Hyewon nods, “Miss Kwon is nice, but she’s very meticulous. She won’t scold you, but she will ask you nicely to re-do something over and over till she’s satisfied.”

“I had to re-do my designs for almost 10 times before, just because she don’t like it,” she added, rolling her eyes.

Sakura let out a small chuckle, “Ah, she’s that kind of person?”

After a few minutes, Hyewon finished reading the questions that Sakura had constructed.

“Hmm, I saw some awkward questions and I think you should rewrite some of these. It’s definitely going to be rejected.”

“Ah, which one?”

Hyewon make a few notes on the papers, on the things that needs revision.

“By the way Sakura, what are you doing this weekend?” Hyewon asked abruptly.

“Eh?”

“Do you want to come over my place again like last time? We can play Fortnite together,” she asked, excited.

She looked at Sakura with her round eyes, and lips slightly pouting, hoping that Sakura would say yes. The Japanese girl was a bit startled by her offer. Playing games with Hyewon is a tempting offer, but she has to consider Eunbi now.

Sakura hesitates, “I’m not sure yet. I might have plans.”

Hyewon was clearly disappointed and it was reflected in her eyes. Sakura felt a bit guilty for this.

“Is that so?” she said weakly.

Suddenly, the door was pushed open and Miss Park from team 1 entered their office.

“Is Ms Kwon in?” she asked.

Sakura nodded, “Yes, she’s in her office.”

Miss Park went straight and marched to their Team Leader’s office, looking restless. She closed the door but they can still be seen through the clear glass window. Eunbi rarely close the blinds when she’s in the office.

Sakura can’t help but glanced at them. They were talking calmly for a few minutes but suddenly Eunbi stood up from her chair and slammed her hand on the table.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?!” Eunbi shouted.

It was loud enough to be heard outside the closed office. Everyone in the office was silent for a while, shocked. Firstly because, they have never seen their soft spoken team leader acting that way, and also the fact that the two were former lovers. The staff begin whispering among themselves.

Hyewon was holding her breath.

“What did you think happened in there?” she whispered to Sakura.

Sakura did not reply anything, and continue to look at them from outside. For some reason, Eunbi seems anxious and restless. Whatever it is that Miss Park had told her, it must be shocking. Sakura was getting worried.

A few minutes later, Miss Park left the office with a disgruntled face.

 

**

 

It was almost evening, and Kwon Eunbi haven’t left her office since what happened earlier. The staffs were nervous, as they have to meet her for approvals and reviews. However, no one dares to go into the office.

Suddenly Sakura stood up from her desk, and everyone looks at her.

She cleared , “I have to show her this survey questions. She said it must be submitted by today.”

Hyewon nodded, “You go first and tell us if she’s okay. I need to submit my materials by today too.”

 

**

 

Sakura took a deep breath and knocked on the office door. Then she slowly opened the door and entered the office.

Eunbi was busy reading something, and she was wearing her glasses. Her expression was calm but unreadable. She looked up and her gaze met Sakura’s. Sakura thought her girlfriend looks attractive in glasses, but she quickly brush off the thoughts.

“Oh Sakura, what is it?” she asked.

“This is the survey questions you asked, Miss Kwon,” Sakura said, handing her the file.

Eunbi flipped through the file, not saying anything. Sakura’s heart was pounding so hard, for many reasons. She’s worried if she’s suddenly going to be scolded, also she has this strange urge to kiss her, which is very ironic and inappropriate at the same time.

“This is no good, Sakura,” Eunbi said.

“Which one?”

“All of it.”

Sakura gulped, she’s most likely going to get scolded.

“I understand that your Korean isn’t perfect right now, so it’s better if you refer to other colleagues for the awkward sentences.”

“I’m sorry, Miss Kwon. I’ll do it again.”

Eunbi sighed, “Please try to complete it by tomorrow because we’re running out of time. It’s not even that hard to do.”

Sakura looked down, embarrassed.

“Also when you’re out there, please tell Kang and Lee to submit their materials to me today. I don’t have all day,” Eunbi said, she sounds exhausted.

“Okay Miss Kwon, I will tell them and I will submit my work ASAP,” she replied obediently.

Sakura bowed and turned to the door.

“Also I miss you,” she muttered but it was loud enough for Eunbi to hear it.

Upon hearing that, Eunbi’s lips curled up into a smile, “Sakura wait.”

Sakura turned around and noticed that Eunbi was walking up to her. The older girl pulled the blinds shut, blocking any view from the outside.

Suddenly she wrapped her arms around Sakura’s neck and hugged her tightly. Sakura almost lost her footing and fell by the surprise hug but she quickly returned the embrace for balance. She wrapped her arms around her waist, tightening the hug. There were no gaps in between their bodies, and she felt every curves of her body. At this point Sakura’s face had turned red. The older girl then comfortably rested her chin on Sakura’s shoulder.

“I missed you too,” Eunbi whispered.

Sakura was flustered, thinking that she really has to get used to the duality of her boss girlfriend. She was just scolded because she cannot even do a simple job and now they are cuddling.

“Un-unnie, are you okay? Did you fought with Miss Park? ” she asked.

Eunbi pulled away and shook her head, “Kkura-ya, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Ah I’m sorry if I’m overstepping my boundaries.”

Eunbi sighed, “It’s not that, it’s… something else. I’ll tell you about it later.”

Sakura smiled and nodded. They looked at each other, not saying anything. Sakura’s eyes darted from Eunbi’s eyes to her lips. It’s too tempting.

“Can I kiss you? I’ve been thinking about it all day.” Sakura asked abruptly.

Eunbi chuckled, “No wonder you can’t do your job well! You’ll tank your internship at this rate!”

“Is it my fault that I’m dating my attractive boss?” Sakura sulked.

Eunbi patted Sakura’s head gently and stared at her fondly.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For the hug. I needed that.”

Eunbi tried to hide it, but Sakura can tell from her eyes that she was still shaken from what happened earlier.

The young intern tightened her arms around her team leader and pulled her closer. She leaned forward and gave her a soft kiss on her lips.

“Thought you needed that too,” she whispered.

 

**

 

It was only a few days before Christmas and the staff of RMR Designs are decorating their office. All interns and staff are at the welcome lobby, setting up the Christmas tree and wall decorations.

“Saku-chan, look!” Hyewon exclaimed.

Sakura turned to look at her and noticed that she was wearing a red ribbon around her face.

“Haha, you’re so cute, Kang-chan!” she said. She had begins calling her coworker Kang-chan for the past week because they sometimes converse in Japanese. It became a habit.

Hyewon hopped towards Sakura and put her hands together under her chin.

“I’m your Christmas present, do you like it?”

“My present?”

Hyewon nodded with a smirk, “You can unwrap me anytime you want.”

“Un-unwrap you?!”

Sakura’s face turned red, “That’s a dangerous remark, Kang-chan!”

Hyewon grinned and linked her arms with Sakura, “I’m just kidding, hey why are you blushing?”

Sakura laughed awkwardly as her eyes darts around the lobby. Thankfully, Eunbi isn’t around or she could be in serious trouble. Hyewon might even get fired for this. She would like her friend to keep her job.

“You two lovebirds over there, come help us with the tree!” called one of the male staff.

Hyewon giggled and led Sakura to the tree, holding her hand.

 

**

 

“Could you please put this ornament up there, Hyewon? I’m too short to reach it.” Juri asked.

“Sure!” the tall girl replied chirpily.

She stepped on the chair and stood straight on it, trying to reach the top of the tree. It is quite a tall tree, so even Hyewon had to stand on her toes to reach it. Sakura was holding on to the chair, to keep it stabilized. Turned out that it was taller than expected so Hyewon had to stand on one feet to reach the top.

She managed to put the star ornament at the top, but when she tries to put her foot down again, she missed the chair and stepped on nothing but air.

“Watch out!” Juri exclaimed.

Hyewon was losing her balance and she was falling backwards, “Ahhhhh!”

Luckily, Sakura was standing behind her.

She caught her from behind and held her arm, to avoid her from impact. Hyewon was saved, thanks to Sakura’s back hug.

“That was so close!” said Kim Chaewon, the intern from Team 3.

“If only Sakura wasn’t there, Hyewon would’ve already fell and break her legs! Sakura is a hero!” She added, excitedly.

Hyewon turned around to face Sakura, her face pale.

“Woah, th-thank you, Saku-chan.”

“Are you alright?” Sakura asked as she let Hyewon go from her arms.

The damsel in distress nodded and smiled in relief, “I’m good, thanks to you. My real-life Spiderman.”

Sakura laughed awkwardly, trying to make sense of what is going on. Hyewon was staring at her with blushing cheeks.

The Kim Chaewon kid continues to hype them up, “You two should totally date. You’re so cute together.”

Hyewon smiled sheepishly, “Well, should we start dating, Saku-chan?”

Sakura punched Hyewon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter