2.5 I Would

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5 – I Would

 

One more time, back to that day,

Just one more day, back to that time,

If only I could go back,

If I could go back.

Day6 – I Would

 

 

Eunbi just couldn’t bring up to Sakura about the picture.

She had a feeling that there is something more than just a student-professor relationship between Sakura and Irene but she just doesn’t have the courage to confront her about it. She was worried if she was the only one overreacting, at the same time also worried if her suspicions confirmed.

They had just got over a fight over a stupid misunderstanding. She really can’t imagine losing Sakura over something like this.

As long as Sakura is still by her side, as clingy and needy as usual, she decided to act as if she knows nothing about it. And makes sure Yena keeps the secret too.

Eunbi, Sakura, Juri and Yena are out on a double date again that Friday night. And this time they went to a pizza place where Yena’s classmates works at.

“Unnie, can you feed me that garlic bread?” Sakura asked to Eunbi.

Eunbi smiled and took a piece of the bread, feeding it to her girlfriend.

“Dip it in the mushroom soup too,” Sakura whined.

Eunbi dipped the bread into the soup and feed it to her. She munched it happily and Eunbi patted her head.

Juri rolled her eyes, “Gosh, Sakura do it yourself! Don’t you have hands?”

Sakura sticks her tongue out at Juri, mockingly.

“Ms. Kwon, don’t you think you’re spoiling Sakura too much?” Juri asked.

Eunbi smiled, “I think she got me good.”

Juri sighed, “You’re so whipped, Ms. Kwon.”

She turned around to face Yena and suddenly there is a large piece of pizza in front of her face.

“Say ahh,” Yena said.

“Yena, what are you doing?”

“I want to feed you too!”

“Are you trying to put a whole pizza into my mouth? Are you trying to kill me?”

Yena gasped, “Murder by pizza. Now that’s a good book title.”

Juri rolled her eyes, annoyed. And then she bites one side of the pizza, and Yena bite the other side cheekily. They shared the pizza bit by bit until there’s a small piece left.

“What are we gonna do now?” Yena asked.

“There’s no choice then.”

Juri bit the piece of bread with half of it left outside her lips. Yena leaned forward and kissed her, taking the piece of bread along with her.

“The best pizza I’ve ever had,” Yena said with a grin.

Juri was blushing, “It is.”

Sakura laughed, “That’s freaking gross.”

She had one arm around Eunbi’s waist, cheekily sneaked under her shirt and touched her bare skin. Eunbi had to control herself from making noises, but she kind of enjoyed being naughty in stealth. It is all Sakura’s doing.

“Unnie, they’re such a weird couple,” Sakura said, pointing at them.

Eunbi looked at her and snorted, “I think we’re a weird couple too.”

Sakura shook her head, “No, we’re not.”

The younger girl looked at her with her big sparkly eyes, and Eunbi just can’t help it. She leaned closer and gave a gentle peck on her lips, which slightly tastes like mushroom and cheese.

I love you, Sakura.

She can only say it in her head.

“Kkura, are you free after work next Wednesday?” she asked Sakura gently.

“Hmm next Wednesday? Why?”

Eunbi pouted, “Just make sure you’re available, I’m taking you out for dinner.”

 

**

 

Ever since Irene returned to Korea, Madam Kwon gathered her family for a weekly dinner every Saturday night. She said this could bring the family closer together.

It was awkward at dinner that night. The last time they had dinner together was about a year ago. It was at Irene’s engagement party in Tokyo. The whole dinner party was grand as they unify two powerful families from Korea and Japan. However, the engagement fell through abruptly, and Madam Kwon is still blaming her eldest daughter for it.

“I’m glad you’re back with us, Joohyun-ah. It’s good that you’re taking care of the company now,” said Mr. Kwon, which is Irene’s stepfather and Eunbi’s birthfather.

Irene smiled, “I guess I had no choice but to come back. The company needs me.”

“Well, if you married Hoshi you can stay in Japan. No one is forcing you,” Madam Kim butted.

Eunbi gulped, thinking here we go again.

Irene sighed and put down her spoon.

“Come on, it’s already in the past. Stop pestering her about it,” said Mr. Kwon.

Madam Kwon ignored him, “I’ve set up a few people for your blind dates, Joohyun-ah. You should go meet them.”

Irene had really lost her appetite.

“Mom, I’m full. Thank you for the meal.”

She stood up, bowed at her mother and left the table without saying anything.

“Look what you’ve done!” said Mr. Kwon.

Eunbi stood up, “I’ll go check on her.”

 

**

 

“Hey,” Eunbi called to her sister.

She found her sitting alone on a bench in the front yard. She was hugging herself in a coat, as the winter night grew colder.

“Are you here to mock me?” asked Irene.

“What? No! Why? Can’t I care about you? I’m still your sister.”

Irene smiled weakly, “You care about me? I thought you hate me.”

“Well, I do hate you, but not all the time. Just when you’re being the super perfect prick.”

Eunbi joined her sister at the bench.

“Hey, I’m glad you’re back,” she said playfully punching her arm.

Irene chuckled, “No, you don’t actually mean that.”

Eunbi laughed, “Oh come on, cheer up a bit. Why are you being so negative? This is so unlike you.”

Irene glanced at her sister, “I just have a lot of things on my mind, that’s all. With mom bringing up that for the nth time. I’m just really tired of it, but it’s not like I can just shout it to her face.”

They sat together in silence. It’s been a long time since they’re talking like this. Eunbi has a lot to ask her, she wants to know about her past relationship with Sakura but then again, she could be the only one overthinking.

“I’m really sick of mom trying to set me up with all these blind dates ,” Irene suddenly muttered.

Irene grunted, “Why is it always me who have to go through this? Why can’t you go to these blind dates?”

Eunbi raised an eyebrow, “Well, I always made it clear to them that I don’t like men.”

Irene snorted, “Wow, everything is just so easy for you, isn’t it?”

“Excuse me?”

“You always do what you want. While I’m here stuck meeting mom’s expectations. This is so unfair.”

Eunbi was startled, “Y-You want to talk about fairness? How about how you always get what you want? How you are the golden child and I am always the black sheep in the family!”

“Oh please Eunbi, I don’t always get what I want!”

She stood up, frustrated.

“I can’t even be with Sa-

Irene paused. She bit her lip and then took a deep breath.

Eunbi looked at her sister whose expression slowly changed from anger to calm.

“You know what? Just forget about it,” she said.

She looked at her sister, “You’re right, I always get what I want.”

“So I will try to get it.”

 

**

 

That Wednesday came, and Eunbi already booked a table at one of her favourite Italian restaurant for the special day. It was hard to secure a table there, and she had to make reservation a week before.

Eunbi came 15 minutes earlier, even though their reservation was at 8.30 pm. She had ordered the premium course meal for their dinner. Everything is set, she’s just waiting for Sakura to make her appearance.

It’s their first month anniversary, and Eunbi wants to make it memorable. They went through a lot to get to their first month. From their first meeting at the café, their second meeting during the second snowfall, the interview, their first couple items, their movie date and their first kiss. Eunbi had never thought she’ll fell so deeply in love with Sakura. But she did.

She truly loved her.

It was almost 8.30 pm, and Sakura still hasn’t yet arrived. They had promised to meet up at the restaurant after work, as Sakura said that she’s still hung up at work.

Suddenly Eunbi’s phone rang, and Sakura’s name popped up.

My Kkura

She picked up the call almost immediately.

“Kkura-ya,” she called sweetly.

“Unnie, I’m sorry,” Sakura said.

“I can’t go to the dinner with you. Something suddenly came up at work and now everyone in Team 3 has to work on it.”

“What’s the problem?”

“A client suddenly wants their design changed by tomorrow, and now we’re all working on it.”

“What kind of client does that?!”

“The one with half-million dollars contract with us. This thing is important, we could lose the contract if they’re not satisfied with the change.”

Eunbi sighed, “It can’t be helped then.”

Sakura sounds like she was sulking, “I’m really sorry unnie. I really want to be with you.”

“It’s okay, we can meet tomorrow.”

“Is it really okay? I’m so sorry baby, I’ll treat you tomorrow.”

Eunbi chuckled, “Cook for me then.”

“Okay, deal!”

Eunbi was not okay.

She worked hard to get a table, she even dressed up and put on the perfume that Sakura likes the most. She can’t believe Sakura is busier than her, whose family owns the company. She laughed off at the irony. Ever since Irene came in, she brought along 2 big clients that amounts to a million dollar deal. All of the projects are handled by Team 3, of course. With direct supervision from Irene herself.

The waiter came to her table with a bottle of wine.

“Would you like to start your first course now?” he asked.

Eunbi glanced at her watch and it’s already 8.35 pm.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter