Space

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

#11 - Space

Sakura was busy playing her game in the living room one Friday evening. After cooking and had a pleasant dinner with her wife, she excused herself to play game for the night.

Eunbi was watching her from the couch with a book in her hand. She laid down on the couch, reading the book in her hand.

Their little ginger cat, Maru walked to Sakura who was busy playing. The kitty brushed at Sakura’s knees, and then got interested with the hands and tried to bite it.

“No Maruchan, go somewhere else!” she said, slightly pushed the kitty away.

“How could you do that to Maru?!” Eunbi asked, shocked.

“He was distracting me!”

She put her book down and picked the little kitty up. She put in on her lap. She caressed the cat’s head in a gentle rhythm, and Maru purred in delight. She put Maru on the couch and he stretched lazily before curling up at the corner.

While Sakura was still busy playing the game.

“Ahhh, I need a new weapon!” Sakura whined.

She navigates her Fortnite character through the open field, trudging through the obstacles to get to the empty house ahead.

Eunbi picked up her book again, and tried to get into the book, concentrating as much as she could, but she just wasn’t feeling it. It was Friday night, and Sakura refuses to go out. Even worse, she prefers to spend her time with her game console instead. Even a movie night would be acceptable. What’s the point of being in the same room as her, but her mind was elsewhere?

“Kkura-ya,” Eunbi called.

Sakura could feel her wife’s hands touching her back, and it moved to her shoulders. Eunbi slowly wrapped her arms around Sakura’s neck from the back. She moved closer and the latter could feel the warmth of her body, as she pressed against her back.

“Not now, unnie. I’m playing,” she said, nonchalant.

Eunbi fixed Sakura’s hair and tucked it behind her adorable right ear. After getting a clear view of her wife’s ear, she put her lips closer there and blew warm breath on it. Sakura swallowed, and honestly, it does affects her concentration on the game. It gets worse when her wife begins to nibble on her earlobe.

“Ahhh, unnie…” she can’t help but moaned.

She lost her focus on her game, and was shot.

“Ahhhhh unnie stop it!” she screamed.

She turned her head, facing her wife, with a disgruntled face.

“I was playing the game, unnie! I told you not to disturb me!” she said, shouting.

When she finally finished talking, she realized that she was shouting at her wife who was innocently wanting her attention. Even Maru had stirred from slumber and jumped down from the couch.

Eunbi stared at her in disbelief, as her face slowly turned red from anger.

“That game is so important to you huh?”

Sakura gulped, “T-That’s not what I mean, okay, I-I clearly asked you to let me play for a while. I mean, don’t I deserve some space?”

Eunbi scoffed, “Space? Are you telling me I’m not giving you personal space?”

“B-Baby, it’s not like that!”

The older girl stood up from the couch and put her hands in the air.

“Fine. You wanted space. I’m giving you all the space that you want.”

Sakura bit her lip, defeated. She watched as her wife walked away from the living room and went to their room. Their little ginger cat followed her wife and entered the room. And then she shut the door.

 

**

 

When Sakura entered their room that night, Eunbi had already laid down on the bed in her pajamas, wearing the sleeping eye mask. Sakura prepared herself for bed and then laid down next to her wife. Eunbi was facing the other side, clearly ignoring Sakura, and the latter knew that.

She laid on her bed, with uneasiness in her heart. She knew if she kept her ego, the tension will only get worse between them. Maybe her usual seduction trick will work? She sighed and turned to her wife’s back. She moved close and touched her shoulder.

“Baby, are you sleeping?”

“Hmm.”

Sakura wrapped one arm around her waist, and cheekily touched the exposed skin on her stomach.

“How about you and I-

“No,” Eunbi said, firm.

She pushed away Sakura’s hand.

Sakura gasped. She had never been rejected this cold before. Suddenly the whole room feels cold. The rejection was harsh and Sakura’s pride was slightly damaged. She retreated her hand and laid on her back again, staring at the ceiling.

So this is how it’s going to be?

 

**

 

Sakura wanted to wake up early to set the breakfast that morning, but her wife woke up before her. The older woman was standing in front of the coffee machine, grinding some beans for a fresh cup. Her hair was wet, meant that she had woke up much earlier for shower, without Sakura. It had become their weekly routine to shower together.

The younger woman tried to keep her cool, and her ego as she walked into the kitchen.

“What do you want for breakfast?” she asked.

Eunbi glanced at her, “Bread and jam will do. I’m going out later anyway.”

Sakura raised her eyebrow, “Where are you going?”

“I’m having lunch with an old friend today. She’s in town for work so I thought it’d be great if I could meet her for lunch before she leaves tomorrow.”

“Who’s this friend of yours? Anyone I know?” Sakura asked, worried.

She reached for the strawberry jam on the shelf to make some breakfast for them both.

Eunbi shrugged, “You don’t know her.”

Sakura bit her lip, “You’re not going to ask me to come with you?”

Her wife looked at her, her face still expressionless as the night before.

“Well, you don’t like going out on a weekend anyway. You can play your game all you want, and I won’t say anything.”

Sakura sighed, “Is this about last night?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter