3.3 Wedding Dress

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.3 Wedding Dress

 

“Kwon Eunbi?” Sian asked, excited.

Eunbi looked at the woman before her, her eyes widen in shock.

“Wow, Lee Sian are you Wendy’s maid of honor?”

The tall woman nodded, “Hell yeah I am. But what are you doing here? How do you-

She paused when she saw Irene.

“The Irene that my friend Wendy is marrying is your sister?”

Eunbi nodded, “Yeah! And I’m her maid of honor too!”

Wendy raised an eyebrow, “Wait, you two know each other?”

“Yeah, we’re best friends back in university!” Eunbi replied.

Sian opened her arms, “Come here, .”

Eunbi wasted no time and threw hear arms around Sian’s waist and she hugged her tightly. The taller girl embraced her and returned the hug as if she hasn’t met her in forever.

Sakura stood there, dumbfounded. She has never heard of Lee Sian before. Her wife never once mentioned to her about it. And she has a bad feeling about this.

“Gosh, I missed you, woman,” Sian muttered.

“I missed you too,” replied Eunbi.

They broke the hug and looked at each other, smiling.

Irene raised an eyebrow, “Is this the first time you guys meeting again? Since uni?”

Sian shook her head, “No. Actually we met once in Tokyo a few weeks ago. We even had lunch together.”

Eunbi nodded, “Yeah, it was a coincidence. I ran into her in Shibuya, and I can’t believe my eyes that it was her. It’s been a long time, and we lost contact after Sian transferred.”

Sakura cleared , “Why didn’t I know about this?”

Sian and Eunbi both turned to look at Sakura.

“Who is this?” Sian asked.

Eunbi quickly went to her wife’s side, “Oh, this is my wife, Sakura.”

Sian turned to Sakura and their gazes met. It took her a few seconds before she could respond. slowly curled up into a smile.

“Nice to finally meet you, Sakura. I’ve always been curious to who is the unfortunate woman who married Eunbi.”

She offered her hand and Sakura grabbed it for a handshake. They exchanged awkward smiles with each other as they keep their hands in each other’s grasp.

Eunbi laughed and smacked her friend’s shoulder playfully.

“Seriously, unfortunate? Hey, I’m a good catch!”

Sian snorted, “I thought you would never get married because of your attitude.”

“Lee Sian!”

 

**

 

The dinner went on smoothly as the bridesmaids were getting to know each other better. Sian also laid out the plans for the couple’s bachelorette party and brief Eunbi all about it. They had to work together as a team as the maid of honor for both brides.

Joy and Yeri were giving their ideas for the activities, ranging from a stripper to the naughty gifts, but Irene declined all of them. Stating how unclassy those things are. There was a little friction going on between Irene and Wendy through the discussion for the party, as they both wanted different things. It’s expected since they both came from different backgrounds. Wendy even suggested that they have separate parties, to which Irene disagreed. The tension was eventually resolved when Hyewon brought out the topic of food and caterers. Thank God for Hyewon.

Everyone was eventually laughing again and the mood was good. Sian and Eunbi had proven to be a great team with their first meeting, with their undeniable chemistry with each other. They couldn’t stop talking with each other and lead the planning of the party together. Everything seems to be going on well, but there was someone who was a little unhappy.

They parted after almost 3 hours of discussion and Eunbi took Sakura home.

“The party is going to be amazing!” gushed Eunbi as she was holding to the steering wheel. Sakura glanced at her.

“The resort that we’re going to rent for the party is great. I went there once during my uni days and I’ve always wished to go there again. It’s so cool, you have to look at it yourself, baby,” Eunbi added

“Really?” replied Sakura, nonchalant.

“Yeah, and the activities we planned to the party is going to be so much fun. Sian has so many experiences as a party planner before, so we’re in good hands. We’re going to have a party of our lives.”

Sakura rolled her eyes and looked out of the window without saying anything. Eunbi sensed that there was something off with her wife and glanced at her. But the latter was too busy looking outside.

“Are you okay, baby? Are you hungry? We can stop by somewhere before we head back,” she suggested.

Sakura sighed, “I didn’t even know about Lee Sian. You never told me about her before.”

“Oh.”

“I mean, she didn’t even come to our wedding. And she was your best friend in uni?”

“Well, Sian and I lose contact after she transferred to Canada. I would’ve invited her if I knew how to contact her. We were really close before that, but we lose touch and I never heard about her again until-

Sakura cuts in, “Until you met her in Tokyo?”

Eunbi gulped, “Y-Yes. I bumped into her a few weeks back.”

“You didn’t even tell me about it,” Sakura said, sulking.

“Well, I-

Sakura scoffed, “You guys even went out to have lunch together and you didn’t even tell me about it. I must’ve looked so stupid back there, not knowing about my wife’s so-called best friend.”

Eunbi bit her lip, “I never really thought about it that way…”

She sighed, “I’m sorry, okay. I should’ve told you.”

“Yeah, why didn’t you tell me? You could’ve brought me along.”

Eunbi was getting irritated. It was really not a big deal for her. She was so excited after meeting Sian again after almost 6 years, and Sakura had to kill the mood like this.

“How could I told you about it? We were arguing that day, remember? You shouted at me for invading your personal space,” Eunbi asked.

Sakura raised an eyebrow.

Eunbi adds, “Besides, I already told you that I was going to have lunch with an old friend that day. I did told you.”

“It’s not that important so it must’ve slipped my mind, sorry Kkura.”

She reached for her wife’s hand on her lap and clasped their palms together.

“We’ll go out with Sian next time, okay?” she asked.

Sakura looked at her wife and their gazes met. Eunbi was pouting her lips, trying to act cute as she was driving. The younger girl smiled, defeated.

“Okay. I just don’t like it when you keep things from me. We’ve promised to be honest with each other, remember?”

Eunbi nodded, “Of c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter