3.10 Starting Fire

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3.10 Starting Fire

 

The gang were gathered around the bonfire later that night. Most of the other guests had already headed into their rooms or moved indoor to the resort’s bar.

They were sitting around the bonfire, and chatting about random things. Hyewon somehow managed to find some skewers and marshmallows and she put it over the fire. Irene was huddling close to Wendy, crossing their legs together under the blanket. She rested her head on her fiancé’s shoulder. The married couple couldn’t lose either, they were sharing a blanket with Eunbi snuggling closer to Sakura’s neck. They kept whispering and stealing little kisses in front of everybody.

Joy sighed, “Seeing these two couples made me feel like getting married too.”

Juri nodded, “I know right.”

Sakura chuckled, “You have Yena. Ask her to marry you!”

The other Japanese girl sighed, “I don’t know. She keeps dodging the question. I wonder if she ever wants to marry me.”

Hyewon patted Juri’s back, “She’s still growing up. Give her time.”

Sian cleared , “Well, I’m curious how Irene would tell us about how she met Wendy.”

Irene sat up straight, “Me?”

“I heard from Wendy about it, but I’m interested to know about it from your point of view.”

Yeri nodded, “Oh yes! I want to know too!”

Irene looked at her fiancé and chuckled.

“Well, we met in a restaurant.”

“I always go to the same place for all of the blind dates that my mom set up for me. And Wan is always there, because she works there as the waitress.”

The couple looked at each other and smiled.

“I guess, we got closer over the time. We would exchange little talks sometimes, and in the end I ended up falling for the waitress and not one of my dates,” Irene added with a chuckle.

“She sometimes sings at the restaurant live stage. There was one time I went there for another blind date, and she was singing with her guitar. And I was so mesmerized. Her voice is the most beautiful I’ve ever heard. I think the song she sang was Speak Now.”

Wendy laughed, “You remembered.”

Yeri laughed, “Unnie, were you singing that song for Irene? You know how the lyrics goes. ‘Don't say yes, run away now’”

Wendy smiled sheepishly, “Well, you can say so. She left her date after that and asked me out instead.”

Eunbi cooed, “That is so cute, seriously. It sounds like a fairytale.”

Joy looked at the married couple, “How about you two? You guys are really adorable together, and also from two different countries. You probably have cute stories to tell.”

Sakura raised her eyebrow and looked at Eunbi.

“Do we have cute stories to tell?” she asked.

Eunbi chuckled, “I’m not sure either.”

Sian looked at them and snickered. Sakura saw that.

She looked at everyone and smiled, “Well, it’s nothing cute but we first talked on the second snowfall.”

“Yeah, it was in a café and she pretended not to know Korean. It was funny,” Eunbi said with a chuckle.

Sakura smiled, “I think we have a thing about snow, especially the second snowfall. She also dumped me and left me by the roadside during winter too. It was snowing.”

The older girl slapped her arm playfully, “That is not a cute story!”

Sakura giggled.

Eunbi sighed, “But we did met again in Tokyo during the second snowfall. It happened again, I sat there and she just walked in the café. It was fate, I have goosebumps now that I think about it.”

“Oh yes, I proposed to her during the second snowfall. At the front yard of my parent’s house in Kagoshima,” Sakura continued.

“It’s a family heirloom, right?” Eunbi said, looking at the beautiful ring on her finger.

“Yes.”

Sakura intertwined her fingers with her wife’s and kissed her hand. Eunbi smiled sheepishly and looked down, her face reddened.

The rest of them cooed and watching them in adoration and envy.

Juri sighed, “Yena really need to step up. Should I just propose to her first?”

Hyewon laughed, “You should do that. Lure her with the new video games or something and then ask her to marry you.”

Wendy turned to look at her bridesmaids, “What’s next on the program? Is this it for today?”

Yeri grinned, “Tomorrow we’ll have the beach volleyball tournament before lunch and then the party at night.”

“The DJ will be arriving tomorrow. I’ll make sure the ballroom turned into an actual club mode, so don’t worry,” Sian added.

Wendy smiled, “I’m not worried. That’s your expertise, Sian.”

Joy adds, “But today, we’ll be playing a game before we call it a night.”

“What game?” Irene asked, excited.

“We’re going to quiz the bride!” replied Yeri.

“Who’s going to be quizzed? Which bride?” asked Irene, puzzled.

Joy rolled her eyes, “Of course it’s you, Irene unnie! This is our Wendy’s side idea so the bride is Ms. Bae. Are you ready?”

“Let’s see how much you know our Wendy,” said Sian.

Irene sat up straight nervously, “W-What are you going to ask me?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter