2.4 When You Love Someone

The Second Snowfall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I want to cry for you,

I want to hurt instead of you,

I don’t want any scars in your heart,

Ever again.

Day6 – When You Love Someone

 

 

Irene was sleeping soundly on her bed. Her face is half-covered with her long dark hair, and the white blanket covering her bare shoulders.

A delicious smell crept into her nostrils, and she stirred from her slumber. She opened her eyes and the sun was already shining through her bedroom windows. She sat up straight and pulled the blanket to covers her chest. Groggily she climbed down from the bed, and grabbed an oversized shirt to covers her body.

She walked out from the room, still half-awake, and let her nose following the smell. The trail brought her to the kitchen, but there was no one around. She went to the dining table where the smell was stronger. There was a letter, and it was neatly written on a pink paper. She picked it up and opened it.

Her heart fluttered.

It was from Sakura.

 

Irene-san,

Happy 100 days, my love.

Thank you for always be by my side, for teaching me everything I need to know in class, but especially you thank you for teaching me how to love. Thanks to you, I know how it feels like to be loved. Being with you, every day still feels like a dream.

Sometimes I still can’t believe that you are mine now. And I want you to know that I’m yours, always.

We have made it through 100 days together, and I hope we’ll be together for another 100 years too.

I love you, and will always do.

 

Yours,

Saa-chan.

 

“Ah Irene-san, you’ve found it,” a voice said.

Irene turned around and saw Sakura standing behind her, wearing a bathrobe hugging her small body. She had just finished showering; even her hair was still wet.

“I was going to wake you up with breakfast in bed, after I showered and changed,” she said, clumsily ruffling her hair.

“It’s supposed to be a surprise,” she added, pouting.

The older girl can’t help but flashed a grin, as her heart was pounding hard. Sakura was too cute, she felt as if she had fallen even more in love with her, as if that was possible. She walked to her and wrapped her arms around the younger girl’s body. She pulled her close and looked into her eyes.

“Happy 100 days anniversary to you too,” she whispered.

“Do I get a present?” she asked.

Sakura face beams, “I made you breakfast. It’s my special toast.”

Irene smiled, “Sounds delicious.”

Sakura grinned, “It is. I’m gonna go and get changed now.”

“Saa-chan, wait.” she said.

“What?”

“You don’t really need to get changed.”

“Hmm?”

Irene reached down and untied Sakura’s bathrobe. Sakura quickly stopped her hand.

She looked at her, blushing, “Wh-What are you doing?”

Irene smirked, “Unwrapping my present.”

Sakura tied her bathrobe again and took three steps away from Irene.

“I just took a bath!”

“That’s why your smell is so inviting.”

Sakura rolled her eyes, “Well, catch me if you can.”

She turned around and ran away from Irene while the older girl followed her effortlessly. She soon found Sakura in the bedroom, standing at the edge of the bed, pretends to be cornered.

“You caught me! I’m trapped!” she said.

“So I can get my present now?” Irene asked, playing along.

Irene stepped forward, and with each step she took, Sakura took a step back. Soon there was no more space left and Sakura fell backwards on the bed. Irene climbed on top of her, and just stared into the younger girl’s eyes.

“Irene-san, are you going to look at me all day?” Sakura asked.

She put her hand around the older girl’s head and pulled her down so that their lips meet. Irene kissed her back, slowly and gently as if Sakura is the most fragile thing in the world. Sakura untied her bathrobe and pulled up Irene’s shirt. She feels the smoothness of her lover’s skin, and soon her hands moved upwards to feel the throbbing on her chest. She likes it that Irene’s heart beating hard when she is with her.

Irene leaned down and nuzzled Sakura’s neck, planting warm kisses on her skin. There is just something about her, and she just cannot get enough of it.

“I love you,” Sakura whispered to her ear.

Irene looked at the younger girl and leaned down to plant a soft kiss on her forehead.

“I love you too, Saa-chan,” she whispered back.

 

 

Irene Bae holds the pink letter in her hand. The memory of that day still vividly playing in her mind.

She was standing by one of the bookshelves in her current office, and suddenly felt like reading the letter, again. She can’t even recall how many times she read the same words over and over again. She had memorized it by now.

It was the last letter she got from Sakura, and her last present. Her mother and her fiancé came for a surprise visit two days after that, making it the worst day in her life. She was forced to choose, either it was for herself, or for the sake of her family. And she picked the latter.

She was already on so much pressure at the time. Having to meet the expectations of her mother and her late father’s family. Irene Bae is the future heir, the only granddaughter from the Bae family. She was already burdened with the responsibility since she was younger.

Sometimes she is jealous of her sister, who is able to do whatever she wants, without the pressure of being the best.

Suddenly there were knocks on her door. She quickly grabbed a random book on the shelf and put the letter inside the random page.

The door opened, and Sakura walked in.

“Ms. Irene, I’m here to drop the report you requested-

Irene was too startled with Sakura’s appearance. She froze and suddenly the book in her hand fell on the floor. The book was opened on the floor, along with the letter.

“Are you okay, Ms. Irene?” Sakura asked, shocked.

The older girl was still staring at her, speechless.

Sakura walked towards her, and kneeled down to help her pick up the book.

“Stop!” Irene suddenly shouted.

Sakura paused and looked at her, “What is it?”

“Step back, I can pick that up myself,” she continued, firm.

Sakura stood up awkwardly and looked at her superior. Irene kneeled down and picked up the book. She quickly picked up the letter and shoved it inside the book. She stood up and put the book back onto the shelf.

Without looking at Sakura she said, “If you’re done here, you can leave.”

Sakura was quite shocked with her sudden cold treatment, but she was not expecting anything else. She bowed her head and turned to walk the door.

Irene watched as Sakura walked away. Her heart wanted so much to call her name and tell her how much she missed her.

But, she didn’t.

 

**

 

“Yena, can you make me another cup of Caramel Macchiato?” Eunbi asked to the barista.

She was sitting at a window view table in Yellow Café. She made a quick stop there after a meeting with a client before going back to the office. Truth is her motivation to return to her office had decreased lately, because Sakura is no longer in the same office as hers. They can hardly meet even though they work in the same building. Team 3 is always busy.

Yena came with a cup of coffee in her hand and put in on the table. She then pulled a chair and joined Eunbi.

“Are you on a break?” Eunbi asked.

Yena shook her head, “Nope, but we don’t really have customers today, and you look like you need a friend. So I sit here with you.”

Eunbi laughed, “Wow, you can sense that huh?”

“Unnie, you look like you carry two boulders on your shoulders. Don’t carry it alone. Share it with me, I can help, I have muscles, you see?” Yena rolled her sleeves, revealing her little bicep.

Eunbi chuckled, “Is it really necessary to show me that?”

“No. But I just want to show off.”

The older girl laughed, while Yena grinned in satisfaction. She loves making people happy.

“Well, about the boulders, what’s troubling you, y lady?”

Eunbi creased her eyebrows, “Are you flirting with Juri like this too? This is just awkward to watch.”

Yena shrugged, “Juri unnie is immune to my iness, I wonder why. Maybe I showed her too much.”

Eunbi shook her head, “Wow, now that is the information that I don’t want to know.”

Yena smiled, “No unnie, seriously if you have anything to say, you can share it with me. I’m like a counselor to the people around me. I’m good at listening.”

“Alright Miss Yena, the counselor, maybe you can hear me out.”

“Sure!”

“But what’s your policy about your client’s confidentiality?”

“Oh of course it’s confidential! Money back guarantee!”

“Wait, I have to pay for this service?” Eunbi asked, shocked.

“You have to pay me with your lifetime of friendship with me.”

“Sounds like a hefty price.”

“That’s the price, take it or leave it,” Yena said, firm.

This is why Eunbi likes Yena so much. She never had a younger sister, and her older half-sister is her constant rival so she never really knows how it feels to have a sister. Yena is like the sister she never had. Such a happy pill.

“Yena-ya, I think… Sakura is growing distant from me.”

Yena gasped, “Whattt?”

“I don’t know why, but I feel that way.”

“Oh come on, Kkura unnie is crazy about you.”

Eunbi sighed, “She’s always busy and we can hardly meet each other anymore.”

“Aren’t you two work in the same office?”

“She had moved to another floor, to a different team.”

“Well, you can still sneak around and meet up at the rooftop or something.”

“Nah, it’s hard. She’s always too busy.”

“The intern is busier than the Team Leader?”

Eunbi glared at her.

“Okay, calm down unnie. Maybe she’s just… really busy. I mean moving to another team must be hard for her, isn’t it?”

Eunbi groaned, “I really don’t want to talk about Team 3.”

Yena leaned closer and patted Eunbi’s shoulder, “Aww, poor unnie.”

Eunbi smiled we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter